022

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi sighs as she looks down on her feet that's already no longer swollen, she remembers how both her feet were bandaged for almost 3 days and Sehun's the one who has been carrying her around, even when she's been ignoring him for the entire week. He planned a birthday dinner for her that she doesn't have a choice but to follow him because she doesn't want to disappoint him and his efforts for her but she knows the look on his face saying how he was actually disappointed on how she's treating him, ignoring him during the entire dinner that Hyemi's sure she heard him sighs when he came back from the toilet. She doesn't want to keep this up, she doesn't want to not be on speaking terms with her husband now that she's near her due date. She wants to welcome Cheese Ball with only happiness around her but she noticed a few days after the dinner Sehun is back to his old self despite this time around he's actually working from home, he only talks to her when it's time for them to eat and she knows he tried so hard to strike a conversation but Hyemi knows well he wasn't happy and he doesn't seem like the man Hyemi knows, the man who loves her more than himself. 

Sighing again, Hyemi stands up from the couch as she walks to the kitchen to check on the baked pasta she's making for Sehun as he's needed in the office that day so he left early in the morning and Hyemi has made up her mind to apologize on her side for ignoring him and that she has forgiven him. Her mother was right, there's no use in prolonging stuffs that Sehun himself has acknowledged his wrongdoings and apologized multiple times for it. Taking out the perfectly baked pasta, Hyemi smiles to herself seeing how beautifully baked it is. Putting it inside the white box she asked Hyejung to bring for her, Hyemi proceeds to putting it inside a paper bag before taking off her apron and moves upstairs to change. 

Picking out the pretty lavender one piece dress, Hyemi smiles to herself as she ties her hair into a ponytail, hand caressing her huge belly as she looks at herself in the mirror, whispering to her baby,

"We're gonna go and surprise daddy today, Cheese Ball."

Chuckling, Hyemi clears and moves to take her usual sling bag and walks out of their huge room with a huge smile on her face. 

Hyemi bows and smiles towards the people who passes by her as she makes her way inside the huge building of Sehun's company. It has been months since she last visited his company, the place where she used to work at and just the thoughts of being able to reunite with her officemates again makes her feel so happy and excited especially meeting both Sera and Yebin who she still is actively exchanging messages almost everyday. Making her way alongside the familiar hallway, Hyemi grins and was about to wave towards everyone but her smile turns into a pout when she saw no one's in the small space, the cubicles are full of usual stuffs but there's not a single person there. 

Looking up the digital clock, Hyemi playfully slaps her own forehead noticing it's lunch time, which explains why there's no one in their department when she arrived.

"Mommy is so silly. It's lunch break what was I expecting, Cheese Ball."

Hyemi whispers, smiling and shaking her head to herself. Making her way towards the huge wooden door of Sehun's office, Hyemi's about to open the door and surprise him knowing that he doesn't usually go out during lunch break and would prefer eating lunch that was bought by Kim when Hyemi wasn't around, as what Sera always told her. Hand on the luxurious door knob, Hyemi smiles fade when she heard his voice, so loud and clear, as if he's talking to someone and she could even hear him mentioning her name, making her move away from the door and peek through the holes from the curtain he pulled down. Hyemi could hear her own heart breaking seeing his husband, the husband she loves the most is having his lunch that somewhat looks like a homecooked meals with Yookyung beside him, her hand craessing his back as if she's comforting him.

"I've tried everything I can to make her forgive me but everytime I did she makes me look like a fool. She won't talk to me. At all. I understand where she's coming from, she was mad I wasn't there for her and I spent most of my times with work but shouldn't she understand that all this happens because I'm protecting her and our daughter. I locked my own grandmother in jail for her, I put my company on risk for her. Am I still not enough for her?"

Hyemi purses her lips with tears threatening to fall,

"The pregnancy wasn't planned and after all of those things happened to me, to us, I thought maybe I should've be careful back then and none of this will happen."

Hearing that coming out of Sehun's own mouth, Hyemi's heart breaks even more than it already is knowing that he must've regret having Cheese Ball, and that Cheese Ball must've been a mistake for him. Turning around as she couldn't bear to listen to what he has to say any longer, Hyemi pauses when she saw Kim standing behind her, with a plastic of canned drinks in his hand,

"Mrs.-"

Hyemi shakes her head, wiping her tears that couldn't stop flowing down her cheeks with the back of her palm,

"Can you please keep this a secret, that you saw me here? Also everything you might have heard earlier."

Kim was about to speak but seeing the look on Hyemi's face and how her hand that's holding the paper bag trembles, he nods, 

"I promise, I'll keep it a secret, both you and what.. Mr. Oh said earlier."

Hyemi nods and hums, bowing towards the older m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter