043

You Were Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi smiles as she watches Heeyul waving from afar, looking so cute in her school uniform alongside the beret that's neatly placed on top of her long hair that's braided by Hyemi herself. Feeling familiar arm snaking around her waist, Hyemi turns to look at her husband who's eyes fixed on their daughter's back that's slowly disappearing into the International School. 

"She doesn't even bother to look back again."

Sehun said, earning laughters from Hyemi as she playfully pinches his side, making the said guy smile,

"She was waving so enthusiastically just now and now she saw her Sua unnie so she doesn't bother about us anymore."

"Jongin's daughter is just like him. Always a magnet."

Hyemi chuckles, shaking her head as she let Sehun led her way back to his car. Watching Sehun buckling her belt, Hyemi leans down and peck a kiss on his forehead, making him smile so wide as he quickly peck a kiss on her lips, making her eyes widen knowing that their car is parked right around the school entrance and there are still parents and kids wandering around. 

"There are people around!"

Hyemi said the moment Sehun gets inside the driver's seat, still smiling so wide as he starts driving off the elite school,

"Couldn't help it when my wife looks so lovely early in the morning."

Hyemi scoffs, pouting as she lies her back on the leather seat, hand caressing her huge belly, feeling the little kicks from their baby daughter inside her belly. Sehun's about to speak when his phone rings, making him clucks his tounge and pick up the call, seeing it from Kim he knows better than anyone else that it must be work related stuffs.

"Mr. Oh, I think you need to fly to Switzerland today. There's a miscommunication between Mr. Kim and now the investors wanting to see you in person."

Sehun sighs, about to lash out but was stopped when he feels Hyemi's hand tightly holding his. Turning to look at his wife after making a stop at the curb, Sehun couldn't feel his anger anymore, admiring how pretty Hyemi looks like with her assuring smile knowing that he couldn't possibly say no to flying to Switzerland now that the investors themselves demanded to see him in person.

"Kim, my wife is pregnant and she only has less than a week before her due date. Can you let the investors know that I'll be there in person after my wife give birth. Just less than a week left."

Sehun frustratingly said, gripping Hyemi's hand tightly as his eyes never leaving her pretty face,

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Oh. I already told them about this but they said they wanted to see you, in person. They don't want to deal with Mr. Kim."

Sehun sighs again, looking down on his lap and as he was about to speak, Hyemi beats him to it that she softly said,

"You can book a flight for two. Don't worry, the President will be there in person."

Hyemi said, smiling at her husband who's eyes widen as he looks at her as she then whispers,

"I'll go with you."

"But baby-"

"I know you're worried about me so I'll go with you. Sehun, Jongdae oppa probably needs you as much as I need you. There must be a reason why there's a miscommunication between them so you, as the President, the leader of the company, you should try to figure out what's wrong and try to fix it."

"I can fix it from here. There's videocalls, Jung Hyemi."

"I know. But it's better to be there in person, isn't it, Mr. Kim?"

Hyemi said, hearing Kim humming slowly from the other side of the call, probably scared of Sehun who Hyemi knows best, trying so hard to not lash out at Kim and everyone especially Jongdae. Sighing to himself, Sehun then nods, making Hyemi smiles,

"Fine then. Book us a flight and let them know I'll only be there for 2 days so ask Jongdae to give me a solid reason on why are there miscommunications when everything has been going smoothly before this. I want his answers right after I landed."

Upon hearing Kim's answer, Sehun starts driving again, hand never letting Hyemi's go,

"I'll talk to mom about leaving Yul with her."

"I thought we're bringing Yul along?"

Hyemi asked, staring at her husband with a pout on her face,

"We'll go with just the two of us this time. I'm gonna be super busy once we landed so I don't want you to take care of Yul alone with your condition now. It's only for 2 days, I promise. Hmm?"

Hyemi sighs, nodding as she hums, lying her back on the leather chair with her free hand moving to caress her belly.

Sehun's pacing in front of the emergency room, waiting for the doctor to come out which she did a few minutes after, making him rushes towards the older doctor,

"Your wife can go into labour anytime but it's not yet fully open so we can't force her to push the baby out. You need to wait a little bit longer so we'll move your wife-"

"VIP room."

Sehun sternly said, making the doctor nods as she then talks to one of the nurse in German, which Sehun only managed to understand a few words. Switching back to English, the doctor smiles,

"We'll check your wife conditions from time to time and when it's time, we'll move her into the labour room."

Sehun nods, thanking the doctor as he then sits, relieving a relieved sigh knowing that his wife and baby are both doing fine. He remembers feeling like the world is against him the moment he woke up to his wife crying in pain silently beside him on the bed in their room of his newly opened resort. They just landed in Swiss few hours before and seeing how his wife has been quiet almost the whole time worries him but seeing her falling asleep immediately the moment they arrived into their room, he gave in to fatigue as he too, lies himself on the bed and sleep, not knowing that his wife is probably have been enduring the pain ever since they're in the plane.

Standing up, Sehun rushes his way up to the VIP section after seeing the nurse signalling him to go up, probably done moving his wife from the emergency room to the VIP room as he requested. Making his way inside the luxurious room, his heart falls seeing Hyemi with her lips pursed, hand tightly gripping the rail of the bed she's lying on. 

"Baby."

Sehun softly whispers, hand caressing Hyemi's hair while holding her hand that's still gripping the bed rail,

"Jung Hyemi."

Hyemi hums, eyes clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter