That Unforeseen Decision

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years had flew by and that was how she spent these two years, waking up every day to care and pour her heart and efforts into making the bookstore a place people could come for a relaxation. Right now, Seo Woo was playing Erik Satie's Jae te veux and the music was filling up every nook and cranny of the bookstore with its calming and soothing tones yet playful a bit to her ears. She was enjoying a cup of coffee while watching the street coming to life this early morning. This was a habit of hers that give her some kind of happiness and serenity of its own to her. She usually opened the bookstore early though most customers will come around only after 10 a.m. Sometimes the opening hours could end as late as 2 a.m in the morning if she was still awake. Imsomnia came and visited her quite often ever since that day Jae Wook asked for the acrimonious break up. She was no longer feeling that sad anymore but langour rarely set in for her until late hours and she will also be waking up around 4 a.m for a while before she would continue sleeping until morning.

As for now, it was just turned to 9 a.m and the street had become bustlingly busy with people coming for breakfast and shopping for daily stocks.  Around 3 p.m, she could expect the teenagers from nearby school to drop by, if not every day, they will definitely be spending their weekend here, reading comics and joking around with their friends. They would usually be requesting for some K-Pop songs to be played. She had some collections borrowed from Chae Young for that purpose and these days, Chae Young were helping her out a lot since she just graduated last summer.

She had added a lot of new collections last summer since tourists will come flocking Jeju around summer. She would have better sales with tourists but of course, she also paid attention to her regular customers like the teenagers, some lecturers from Jeju National University who sometimes came looking for rare collections and some Jeju residents who love literature and classic books. As she was sipping her coffee, she was trying to retrace her memories for her favourite poem book. The poem book was a gift from her late father for her 12th birthday. She cannot seemed to find it and it had been for a while. She would ask Chae Young later if she ever came across the book. 

While somewhere in an apartment in Seoul, Ha Won was waking up after just a two-hour nap and went into his kitchen to make some coffee and heat up bagel for his breakfast. He rarely cared for what he eats or when he sleeps. Those are not as important to him, well that was how he was living his life; in other words he was merely surviving this life.  If everyone went to work at 7 a.m, he could go to work whenever he felt like it. Sometimes he came back to work at 11 p.m when he just left the office at 8 p.m. Most of his waking hours were spent at work. Time and space is quite relative to him. If he did not sleep in his apartment, he could be found dozing off in his office but sleep was never that important to him. There were times when he could go on without sleeping for two days straight.

When he lost his parents those many years ago, he felt as if he was being punished for a sin he did not commit and thus, he was being so angry with everyone and of course, mostly to himself. He started to forgo sleep as a necessity by then. Anger and hatred he felt had stopped him from sleeping. He could sometimes still recall the day his parents died as vividly as ever but sometimes the memories seemed to be foggy and blurry. When the memory came to haunt him, he could still clearly picture how his father's car being sandwiched between a truck and a fallen tree, and crowd surrounded the accident area. A drunk truck driver ran over his father's car when they were waiting for him after school. These days, the memories were not as hurful as before but still somehow he felt guilty for being the one to survive. He felt that he should be in the car together with his parents when the car was being hit. He should be dead too, that day.

These days, Seo Woo was having a bit of enlightenement of herself if somehow she took a different choice and route in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter