He, who finally returned

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She came back to her hometown for the weekend. Coming back to her hometown from work like this always thrilled her, even just for a short while. She really needed this break as she kept waiting and waiting for months now for his return yet no news was heard off him. This break hopefully will break her routines in Seoul, which sometimes left her feeling sad and she really hated when she became sad.

Here, she could spend her times with her aunt and her family, and most of the times with her friends from high school and in another 30 minutes, she had promised to meet her friends at their favourite café across the beach.

Once finished with a light make-up, donned with a cream-coloured shirt together with a black cashmere cardigan and A-Line tartan pleated skirt, she came down to the first floor of the bookshop. When she reached the last stair, she noticed that the front door was opened, though she could clearly remember that she had shuttered it earlier.

She surveyed her bookstore and there in a corner, a man was sitting down checking on a book. The man was wearing all blacks, from his cap down to his shoes, they were all in black.

“I’m so sorry, we are not...” and she trailed off when she finally noticed that it was him, a man even his silhouette could be known to her.

Silently she told herself that this could be just a dream. This could also be a mere apparition or even a false invention of phantasmagorical images conjured from her mind.

He was engrossed in reading the book he held in his hand and he looked up when perhaps he finally realized that someone was staring at him.

When their eyes finally locked, he smiled sheepishly and said “I’m sorry, I think I knocked and called for you for about 5 times but you must have not heard me. So I helped myself into the bookstore since it was not locked. I hope you don’t mind”.

Her heart was pounding and was a little agape from the astonishment. Before she even realizing it, a tear escaped from one of her eye. She quickly looked down and stopped the unexpected tear with her thumb. This was the man who left for almost three months ago when she selfishly decided that she needed her single life undisturbed. But when he left, it was clear to her that her life was so much better earlier because of him. And deep down inside she knew too well too that she needs him but her resentment of her past relationship blinded her.

“Seo Woo shii, come here and sit next to me”, she heard the voice she had been missing all this while.

When she looked at him, he was patting the bean bag chair next to him, asking her to join him.

She went and sit down next to him. She can feel that his eyes were following her every movement and when she finally sat next to him, she could feel that he was smiling. She could not even dare to look at him from the guilt she felt from turning him down a year ago. She felt almost contrite and blasphemous.

“Aren’t you not going to look at me, Seo Woo?”. She could hear the soft voice of his now. She knew that this was real. He was really here, sitting just next to her. Her heart was in a riot right now. She wanted to hug him and never let him go anymore. She would have him stayed for the rest of his life, right here with her. She will never let go of him anymore.

She turned to him. There he was, sitting down next to her smiling. She surveyed this face that she had been missing and he looked a bit different. He had a different haircut, this new clean haircut of his made his features looked more matured.

In small voice, she asked "What are you doing here? I thought you've gone to Norway, permanently?". When she pronounced "Norway", she trailed off a bit and he knew that even the thought of that place might have hurt her. He felt it too, somehow. She was afraid that Norway will snatch him away from her, forever. Something that she thought might have had already taken place. How did he know how she was feeling seemed like even a mystery to himself, but he knew it.

"I came for you, Han Seo Woo". The weight that came with the confession caused his eyes to sting.

She became quiet and was avoiding his eyes, and there he was, once again stupefied and not knowing what to do.

“Why are you here, Ha Won shii?”. She was staring at the floor while asking him the question.

He gave her a shy smile and in an attempt to humour her, he replied. “Long time that we have seen each other, right? D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter