The Unexplained Longing

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As his plane was leaving Jeju, his heart has yet to leave and perhaps a bit of his heart was now being left out in Jeju. He will go back to his boring routines now. Work, work and more work are waiting for Moon Ha Won but he did not feel like moving on from his memories in Jeju. But he was glad that at least they have started of a friendship out of the short encounter they had. He cannot seemed to wait for Seo Woo to text him the tracking number for he has a reason to text her back and maybe strike a conversation.

" Where did you go yesterday,Won? You seemed lost and angry when you left the room, luckily you've came back safely. I thought you will do those things again", Kim Hoon admitted his worries. "Whenever you felt sad, you always went out and stranded somewhere and often each time that I found you, you will look as if you're more lost than a lost puppy. Try not get too sad, Won. Just tell me or Soon Ho. Don't allow yourself to swallow all the sadness alone. You'll end up somewhere dark if you do so".

Ha Won looked at his best friend and said "I'm okay, don't worry about me. You're right, sometimes I tend to think too much and I might ended up in an unwanted place. But yesterday, it felt more like fate. I ended up where I myself should be or should not be, I haven't decided it yet but let's say, I am waiting for the fate to carve the way. Fate surely is a funny thing, it plays only with its own rules", replied Ha Won.

"What are you talking about? Was it a good thing or a bad thing that happened to you yesterday?", Kim Hoon curiously asked him.

"I feel rather sleepy now" and Ha Won feigned ignorance to his question and quickly making himself comfortable in his seat and started taking a nap.

"Won, will you answer me rather clearly and not leaving me looking like a stupid fool??. How could you do that to me, a friend that had been with you through thick and thin?", Hoon started to ramble and Ha Won pretended to snore. Hoon punched his arm and Ha Won snickered and pretty soon they were both cracked up. Kim Hoon thought that maybe this Jeju trip had made Ha Won a bit softer without knowing that the real effect came from a somebody he met earlier.

For Seo Woo, things were still unsettled as Jae Wook has not yet explained to his family about their break up. But she was determined too that she will not go back to that destructive relationship anymore and maybe her heart itself is now rather reluctant to open up to possible romantic ideas in the future. At least not until her heart is finally healed on the betrayal and treachery she faced earlier.

When the rumour started about their possible break up, Seo Woo admitted almost noncommittally that the rumour was true but she had nothing to say about it and claimed that " Fate has a funny way intervening in our life and that's that for me and Jae Wook oppa. It finally ended". As she coolly replied to everyone who had been asking about it, she cannot deny that her heart was broken into pieces that she thought almost impossible to return to its normal state again. Even if it will finally be pieced out together again, the scar will linger and remain there for may be a long time from now. She thought that she never will be healed from the scar.

Again, Fate indeed has a funny way dealing with broken hearts. Today, the heart may seemed to be irreparable, but when the time comes, she will recognise the one who could actually heal her though the journey might take a long way before she could entrust her heart to someone again.

While back in Seoul, Ha Won met with his niece and gave her the gift from Jeju. " How was Jeju?", Soon Ho enquired her taciturn uncle.

Ha Won replied almost nonchalantly, "It was great. If I had known earlier that Jeju could be such fun, I would have gone a long time ago".

"Hahaha..what fun you know about uncle? You barely went anywhere since you came back from the States ten years ago. I'm sorry..It's good to hear that you were enjoying the trip. Hoon should have planned for it very much earlier. But, that kinda weird. You rarely say things are fun or not. Have you just got back your senses back now?". Soon Ho smacke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter