The Wokin-dong House

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On that day, in that hours, after just finishing off with her tasks for the day, she left to visit his house. As he said in the letter, the walk only took her a while, less than thirty minutes, and she finally reached the house. It was just a little over passed the café.

She peered first over the metal gate but was received only by darkness and deafening quietness, but when her eyes finally adapted to the darkness, she could actually made up the brick house. It was such a beauty even in the darkness. Its white bricks brilliantly stood out against the trees surrounding the house and she could see the wide glass door next to the wooden door that she assumed to be the main door.

She wondered for a while how to get over the metal gate, still fumbling with the set of keys in her hands, when with just a gentle shove, she were actually inside.

“Was he in his right mind? He did not even lock the gate!”. Seo Woo was basically shooting a baleful look at the house, condemning her owner for leaving her in this dangerous condition. Again, her clear, shrieking voice thundered but her voice only echoed back to her.

She headed for the front door and after a while struggling with unlocking the front door, she managed to get in.

Once inside, she flicked the light switch on and there she was, stood gaping at the sight she beheld in front of her. The house was almost bare except for a TV set in a corner, a tall bookshelf by the right side of the door and a low wooden table with a desktop that was crowded by a mountain of books and articles.

She could not help herself from going straight to the table and at once, she cleared the table off the scattered books and articles, she noticed that mostly were on medicine. Maybe his next invention had to do with health and medicine, she guessed. Indeed it was a sacrilege to decimate his untidy table, but she started to rearrange the books into the slot of the bookshelf anyway.

“Well, Ha Won shii will not be back any time soon. Even if he were to come back, he could just look for the books from the bookshelf. This lovely house looked more of an office rather than a house. What a shame!” She was clearly muttering to herself since she was alone there. But the scowl on her face faded as soon as she spotted her poem book.

It was clearly being left to be seen by anyone entering the room. The book was laid in one of the empty slots in the bookshelf, the middle part and clearly at eye level.

She the book cover and was reminded of her father, she took the book and started to leaf through the pages. Almost all poems had been memorized by her, leafing through the book was almost just a ritual she did from time to time.

She started to survey books on the shelf, apart from books on science or artificial intelligence, just a few book were fictions or rather they were English classics like Dickens, Joyce, Wilde and Orwell. But he also had some from more recent authors like J. D. Salinger and even Dan Brown. While for Seo Woo, her readings were mostly from Korean writers and poets but she did read a few classics from Bronte and Austen. They are like a must for women to read these romances and they are quite delightful reading. She would love to try reading Woolf some days if she could find some times. Right now, she was a bit pre-occupied with the schedules at the studio. And she herself could not feel peace at least until he came back. She sighed over her unpredictable actions that might cause him to flee.

She promised her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter