The City Excursion

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 The awaited Saturday is finally here. They promised to meet each other near by the entrance of Gyeongbokgung by 9 am. The night before they were texting each other and Seo Woo mentioned that she had always wanted to visit the palace since she missed out the chance to visit Seoul for her school trip many years ago. Once they entered the huge palace compound, they wandered the place for quite sometimes. Its serenity was embraced by both of them and they just walked side by side and compared notes on Korean history that they learned in school.

Seo Woo was obviously more well-versed on Korean history since Ha Won grew up in Norway. They discussed a lot until they ended the discussion with the disappearance of royal rule in 1910. Once their  history discussion ended, they had toured half of the huge palace complex.

Seo Woo looked very cheerful today,Ha Won thought to himself. 

He had been scrutinising everything about her from the moment he saw her this morning. He loved her simple fashion and the bright cardigan she had worn did highlight her features more. never stopped smiling and laughing at some remarks made by Ha Won.

She also naughtily concluded that though Ha Won may be the AI expert, she should be the history expert as she knows a lot more than Ha Won. Ha Won nodded agreeing with her opinion and it caused her to laugh out loud at his instant approval.

Whenever she smiled, she will cover politely but quite often too that she could suddenly guffawed especially at innocent yet witty opinions and remarks made by Ha Won. She didn't quite know that she alone could tap and bring out these funny side of Ha Won. Sometimes whenever their hands grazed each other's due to the close proximity between them, Seo Woo quickly seized her hand and in one occasion, she even blushed too.

One thing that she did not quite notice was how Ha Won was so sensitive to each of her reactions.

They finally decided to stop under a small pavillion and Seo Woo took out a container with kimbap she made this morning following the Eun Joo's instructions.

Seo Woo seemed to be a bit hesitant and before she opens the container,she looked at Ha Won and said "Please don't say anything about my kimbap. Eun Joo unnie helped me but it was all my doings. Promise me that you won't laugh at my kimbap".

With that warning, Ha Won quietly nodded at her but he almost burst out laughing looking at her half-assembled kimbap. She looked terribly embarassed and quietly claimed "I'm not good at cooking at all. I'm sorry for my ugly-looking kimbap".

Ha Won took one piece and put it into his mouth and after a few seconds, he commented " Though these kimbap do not actually aesthetically look pleasing to the eye, their taste is good. Don't worry Seo Woo, I'm not going to criticise your cooking ability but maybe sometimes, if you allow me to, I can perhaps show off my cooking ability", he finished it with a shy smile and took another piece kimbap and put it into his mouth.

Seo Woo looked radiant with the fair comment he gave. "I bet you're a better cook than I am, Ha Won shii by the confidence you're showing just now. What a lucky girl your girlfriend is!".

Ha Won looked at her and said " I don't have a girlfriend, Seo Woo shii. If I do have one, I don't think I will be accompanying you like this".

Seo Woo fell silent at his honest remarks but he nudged her elbow, "But I really do like spending time with you. I feel really comfortable with you and I'm glad that you choose me as your tour guide today". Seo Woo was flattered at his honest reply and said "It seemed that I will have to give you a hefty tip today", and she giggled. They continued to enjoy the kimbap and the view of the palace between small talks about things they like. 

Later that day, Ha Won brought Seo Woo to a newly converted second hand bookstore in the Sincheon neighbourhood. This huge and spacious bookstore housed other 25 independent bookstores from the nearby street.

Seo Woo still looked adorably cute with hanging half opened after seeing the vastness of the space and the numbers of books that they hold there.Ha Won smiled at the sight. 

"This is my first ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter