The Epilogue

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ha Won POVs

As if the world was collapsing around me, I knew that sleep will not be visiting me tonight or even for days to come. Surprisingly, I was not that sad as much as when Ji Soo announced her marriage. It was not because the hurt and pain was any lesser, only that I began to accept things as they should be. Seo Woo may have rejected me but this hurt brought me to another light. I clearly found a new kind strength through loving Seo Woo, though it was unrequited, but I kept telling myself how much this was a treasure. My feeling over Seo Woo is indeed a treasure, even just to myself. Through this feeling, I found the strength to accept my fate and my past.

In that dim light of dawn, I finally decided to confront my other demon. The demon of my parents’ death. Something that even to this moment felt like a dream, like a denial too long being ignored. If I could bear the hurt I was feeling now, I knew that I could bear more.

As I was listening to the sound of the birds waking up to the early dawn, I decided that this is the right moment, the moment to again visit Norway, after leaving it behind at the tender age of adolescence.

I packed light as I never really need many things in my life. I reminded myself to give a quick call to my foster mother before flying though she herself was in Africa. I will also be telling Soon Ho and Hoon too before I left. I was not sure of how long this journey will take me but I did not intend to come back until I found what I was seeking for, something only I myself will come to understand throughout this journey.

I decided that I will write a letter to Seo Woo too, just to be sure that she will not be blaming herself for my leaving, though she might be the impetus. I kept the message short though I have a lot to tell her, hoping that Seo Woo will somehow understand this decision of mine.

I will leave this evening for a journey searching for my own soul to be healed.

 

This man left to seek for his own soul to be forgiven, not by anyone but by his younger self. This was a long-overdue journey he finally came to board.

When his flight took off from Incheon Airport, everything he saw started to turn to miniatures and finally dissolved and deliquesced into thin air. In that moment, he realized that everything in life is quite trivial to take them too seriously though he still thinks that his feeling for Seo Woo never a trivial one. But that was not his focus right now, he should seek his own balances in life if he wants to gain Seo Woo’s love and trust. How can he give that to Seo Woo when he himself is not quite sure of his own demons and had not even attempted to win against them?

 

Han Seo Woo ,on the other hand, could not hide her astonishment about this newly found fact that Ha Won is also Moon Soon Ho’s uncle and that that he was leaving Korea for Norway as they were speaking.

She was being patient from morning with the hope that they could meet again and maybe she could explain to him that she never meant to reject him that blindly. But now, while holding the note and the key in her both hands, a tear escaped her eye and dampened the note. But even if the note were to be lost, she has already memorized each and every single word in it.

“Seo Woo shii, thank you for being my friend and for listening to my stupid confession. I’m so sorry for being impatient to admit my feeling to you but I just could not hold it anymore. My feeling towards you is as clear as a spring day. A beautiful spring day. Truth be told, I never once regrett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter