Jisoo

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She’s in cloud nine. No, not really.. She cannot even choose the right words to describe her feeling right now. Maybe, this is like being in a heaven. Last weekend was a heaven on Earth for her and she wished that it will last for a really long time. For a lifetime, if she could really be truthful to herself, but somehow dreaded the thought and instead told herself that she should be grateful for each and every day for even without him, her days have always been interesting and cheerful. But a day spent with him felt much more than that, they were electrifying and exciting. She beamed at her own thoughts.

She pinched herself, and winced as the pain was real. Her mind was about to indulge in wandering and dangerous conjectures when she remembered how they were able to get together. She will take care this relationship, possess it until her last breath.

She truly missed the weekend which they have had spent together but she has to come back to the hard reality, too. She knew that they might not be able to see each other much this week since both of them will be quite occupied with their jobs. She was going to foresee quite a number of recording sessions this week, and he too, has left for Busan on a business trip. She decided to subsist on the memories from these weeks before they can spend some time together again.

She promised that she will keep coming back to the house, their baekseongji while he’s away in Busan. She swelled when he first addressed the house as their baekseongji

He first called the house as their baekseongji after his funny attempt at making a joke really went wrong. It happened that weekend when he sarcastically asking her to join him taking bath. Lord, she almost stopped breathing at that moment at such an intimate invitation.. Truth be told, she thought that if he persists, she might have said “Yes”. The thought itself gave her butterflies, not just any butterflies, it’s almost like the beautiful V-winged, black and verdant, the most elegant Rajah Brooke’s butterflies which can only be found in the rainforests of few Southeast Asian countries.

After he came out, fully-clothed from the shower, he kept silent for a while until he came and sat down next to her. She was reading a romance novel by a contemporary Korean writer by then in her own attempt to soften the impact from his rather shocking joke earlier. After staring outside for almost five minutes, he blurted out, “I’m so sorry for whatever was said earlier. I was just so bad at jokes. Hoon always says that if not for my kindness, he would have not been my friend as I was really bad at making jokes”.

She stopped her pseudo-reading and finally finding the courage, tapped him on his forearm, and after he turned and their eyes met, she confessed, “I prefer a kind man than a man who’s good at making joke”.

At that moment, she swore that she fell in love over and over again with this man as his eyes were glistening from her confession.

He pulled her into an embrace and whispered, “You had no idea how you have changed my life, Seo Woo shhi. Stay. Stay with me at this baekseongji for a very long time to come. It’s our baekseongji now. Please stay”.

She was still in the middle of her breakfast when Eun Joo just got back from the market.

 

“What are thinking about, Seo Woo? Your expressions moved from sour to a somewhat happy smile within seconds and they keep repeating…Are you okay, Seo Woo? Are you missing home?”. The question from her landlady startled her a bit.

“No, I’m truly okay”, she laughed nervously. “Yes, I kinda missing home, right now. I should give a call to my aunt later, truly. Thanks for your concerns, unnie.”. She smiled to Eun Joo.

“You know that you can trust me, right? If you think you need someone to talk to, I’m here okay?”, Eun Joo said.

“By the way, Seo Woo ya, I rarely saw you these days. If it is possible, could you just inform me if you’re not coming home? Sometimes I just get worried if I don’t know where you are. You and the girls. I’m not really worry about Chang Sub though”. Eun Joo expressed her thoughts to Seo Woo.

Seo Woo was silent for a while.

“I’m so sorry, unnie. Last week, I was helping my friend and then it was rather late to come back so I just crashed over at my friend’s place.” Seo Woo sincerely apologized.

“It’s okay, Seo Woo. Just tell me beforehand so that I know where to look for you. Your family

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter