The Inception

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a while since she came back to Seoul and she cannot wait for him to return too. She can still remember how in his warm hug, he whispered to her ear that he will follow soon. That he will return soon to Seoul.

He had spent almost two weeks waiting to meet her again in Jeju. He said that he wanted to see her again at the place where he first saw her, hoping that the magic will work on her too.

He was right, the magic did work on her too. Now, she could hardly imagine her life without him in it.

She was grinning ear-to-ear when Soon Ho finally broke up the mood.

“Seo Woo shii, are you okay? I can see that you were smiling all by yourself for a while now. Anything to share? Did you somehow ended up with a million dollars of inheritance that you’re thinking about leaving this job?”.

She was spending her time by the counter with her manager, Miss Moon the day after she returned to Seoul since they were discussing about the upcoming house performance. Her manager sternly said earlier that they will not be postponing this performance like last time.

“No, no, of course not. My life is not that much of a very fairytale. There is no such thing happened to me recently” she said this with both hands in the air, in a very stilted manner, trying very hard not to raise suspicions toward herself.

“You will be shocked to know the reason I am smiling right now is your uncle”, Seo Woo was saying it all inside her own head, but then ended up giggling on her own.

Not yet willing to spill out the beans, she just grinned goofily and replied “Nothing that is so special. Today is just a sunny and bright day, don’t you think so, Ms Moon?”. She realized that she was becoming better at hiding her feelings and maybe getting better too at feigning ignorance over the current situation. But deep in her heart, she felt a bit guilty of not telling Ms Moon about her hidden secret, especially when the other perpetrator was her uncle.

She still remember the moment she came back from the café and upon seeing Ha Won was browsing through the old picture album, he was smiling at her and gestured her to come and sit next to him with his signature gesture, patting the spot next to him. With his killer and sweet smile, Seo Woo felt as if her knees were weak and the next thing she knew, she was sitting on the sofa right next to him. How did this guy have such an effect on her, she would never know.

He was thumbing the album and praising how cute she was when she were younger with her braids and she told him that she always love to have her mom braided her hair. She loved the touch of her hands on her head and when she braided her carefully, she felt as if she’s the luckiest girl on Earth. He smiled at her and she noticed that he was smiling a lot that day. They were laughing a lot too reminiscing their first time meeting in the bookstore from almost three years ago.

They were having a good time with her being chaffed a lot by Ha Won, a hidden character of his that she encountered for the first time that day. She was enjoying each and every bit of it. He seemed to be paying attention to every little details of Seo Woo’s pictures that later that day, after he left that only she noticed it.

All Band-aids that had covered her face in each framed picture had been mysteriously peeled off. She knew that there must be only one possible suspect to be blamed behind this complicity. She was left baffled but tearful that finally someone cared enough to try to understand her, the scarred Seo Woo.

Seo Woo became silent for a while from her memories from a few days ago.

Soon Ho was suspiciously looking at Seo Woo but finally decided to stop scrutinizing her and she just shrugged her shoulders while saying this to Seo Woo, “I just thought that you looked especially happy and cheerful today, and if I may say this, a bit crazy too but I might be wrong”. Then she continued looking at the calendar, choosing the right date for the performance.

He returned to Seoul a slight later than Seo Woo, finishing off his final mission in Jeju. A mission that will put everything back into their supposed places. Only Chae Young and her parents were aware of his mission.

The day he returned, he gave her a call once he was out of the plane heading back to Wokin-dong. He would be waiting in Wokin-dong when she finished her job. He did plan to take her for dinner tonight, somewhere cozy and quiet, a place both of them will like.

When he reached the house, the first thing he noticed were the potted plants on the front steps of his house.

“This is must be her doing. How clever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter