Her Secretive Uncle

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Soon Ho returned to the studio, it seemed that Han Seo Woo had left. It was quite early as compared to her usual timing.

“Never mind, if she had done today’s share then she’s free to go back home”, thought Soon Ho.

She herself was getting ready to leave when she was reminded to give a call to her uncle. She talked to him last month and he said that he had returned to Korea but not yet to Seoul. He was always being so secretive with his life. Even leaving for Norway on a whim for a few months was not really his way of doing things, but she was not too surprised too since she knew the significance of that country to her uncle.

When she received his call earlier, she was relieved to finally have him back to Seoul. She was half-expecting to see him here when she came back since her uncle was asking whether she was at the studio earlier. She planned to go to his uncle’s office tomorrow to see him since that was the only place she knew how to get him. She had been staying at his place few days in a week but he hardly ever home even before he left for Norway. His apartment felt almost like hers instead of his. “I bet he had been mistakenly thinking the office as his home now”, Soon Ho thought to herself.

After their discussion on furniture and on other topics too, and a promise to meet tomorrow to buy the furniture, Ha Won sent Seo Woo back to her half-basement room. Standing in front of her room, both were rendered to a short moment of silence as Seo Woo was contemplating whether or not should she invite Ha Won into her room.

But before she could say anything, he said “I think it’s late now. I should get going. I need to check on AH Lab early tomorrow after leaving for all these few months. I will call you after work?”.

Seo Woo nodded in agreement and said good bye to him without any delay, before she changed her mind and asked him to stay instead. She quickly sprang into Ha Won for a quick embrace and it caused him to laugh with delight. After her quick attack, she let him go, with a shy smile upon her face.

"See you tomorrow", both said this the same time that they both giggled at the coincidence. 

Ha Won only left once Seo Woo had safely gotten inside her room.

Seo Woo can’t wait to see Ji Soo and tell her of this latest development in her relationship. It was very much like what she predicted. How could Ji Soo foretell her destiny was beyond her comprehension.

The next morning, Seo Woo had a conversation over breakfast with Eun Joo and she told her about going to a furniture store to buy some furniture for “a friend's house”.

“Which friend of yours is this one, Seo Woo? Do you realized that you have the habit of dropping out names of your friends these days?.” Eun Joo was blathering while passing over the soup to Seo Woo.

“Urm, did I?”, she replied almost innocently though the same friend they were talking about was just one person, Moon Ha Won.

“Is this friend’s the same with one you often wander around back then?” Eun Joo was throwing her bait. Seo Woo was coughing out loud that she was being found out.

“Drink the water, Seo Woo yaa. I should have known that from the very beginning. I was afraid to ask about him since you never mentioned about him for months. I guess you guys have patched things up. Good for you”. She noticed that Seo Woo’s cheeks were flushed but her eyes,too, glinted.

“And when are you going to introduce him to me?”, Eun Joo was eyeing Seo Woo as she said that.

Another loud cough came from Seo Woo.

“Unnie, it hasn’t been long yet. I will introduce him to you when the time is right. Anyway, Unnie, thanks for the breakfast. I need to leave now”, she said this with a blushed face and she quickly disappeared downstairs.

Eun Joo was almost bursting out seeing that Seo Woo was acting almost like a teenager being asked about her crush.

Seo Woo at the mentioning of Ha Won, had a rush of feeling, almost like a child was being found out of keeping some cookies for herself. But now that Eun Joo had known about him, she felt a bit at ease. She liked the fact that they were not announcing their relationship to the whole world yet. They were just getting to know each other. Let’s wait for few months to cement this relationship and when she is confident enough, she will let the rest know of their relationship. Of course, with Ha Won’s agreement too.

Arriving at the studio, her manager was watering her plants and she was early than usual.

“Good morning, Ms Moon. You’re early today”. She cheerfully greeted her manager.

“Yes, Seo Woo. I am a bit early today because afterwards I intend to head out to my uncle’s laboratory. He’s back in Seoul but I haven’t even seen his silhouette these days even though I have been staying at his place. So today I will have to hunt him down”, she smiled at her own remarks.

“That’s because he has another house that you know nothing about”, Seo Woo was having a monologue to herself.

“What are you thinking about, Seo Woo shii. You seemed to be away in your own thoughts.”, Soon Ho was suspiciously looking at her.

Seo Woo gave her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter