When Everything Turns to Ashes

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a beautiful morning in Jejudo. The sun sparkles in the sky like a really big, bright diamond. But the temperature is not too hot too. That's what makes Jeju Island a must-visit place, it is usually brightly shining in spring with the right temperature that allow tourists to easily wander and discover the beauty of the island. At the hotel, after taking the breakfast, the R1 team was getting ready and seemed to be rather impatient to kickstart their adventures. Their driver for the day has arrived thirty minutes earlier and was waiting in the hotel lobby.

With proper sports attires, they all head out for their first destination, that is Jeongbang Waterfall which situated next to the sea. It is as expected by them. The scenery was a spectacle and they were thrilled as they stepped onto the different sizes of rocks and boulders to get nearer to the waterfall. The water droplets and mist from the waterfall is raining on them and Ha Won felt really refreshed and energised. They had a great time there soaking in the waterfall and also trying some fresh seafood sold by the locals.

Then, their next destination was Cheonjiyeon Falls and the walk through the park was truly satisfying for them. Ha Won allowed himself to immerse with nature here and after years of living in the never-sleep-city Seoul, he really appreciated his time now and it is all thanks to Hoon. He knows that Hoon planned this trip to force him to stop working and enjoying life, even just for a while.

After their stop at Oedolgae, it was close to noon and their driver took them to Seogwipo Maeil Olleh Market for their lunch and maybe some souvenir-shopping. To Ha Won who has never even stepped into Gwangjang market, this is another haven he found especially when food can be found everywhere. The five of them were going crazy trying all sorts of street food there and it seemed that everyone is truly enjoying themselves.

Thinking that he might see Soon Ho after coming back from Jejudo, Ha Won bought some volcanic clay masks for his niece. Despite her rather crazy and expressive character, she is obviously one of his favourite people since very much like Kim Hoon, Moon Soon Ho is another keeper of his secrets and tragedies. Apart from his foster mother, his niece is the closest family he ever had.

They finally reached the last and most-awaited destination that is Play KPOP. In Shik, Jin Hwan and Baek Gu were truly enjoying themselves while Hoon and him just trying to keep up with them. They let the younger ones exercised their endorphins release in the theme park. Around 5 pm, they all safely arrived back at the resort after a memorable one-day trip around Jeju Island.

On the other part of the island, Han Seo Woo since morning was having some butterflies in her stomach since she will be going for lunch with her high school sweetheart, Jae Wook. As she was applying some make up, she hummed to herself as this is like once-in-six-month-kind-of-date. Yes, that's true. The last time she saw Jae Wook was when he came back for their school reunion six months ago but she didn't really mind.

To her, what's most important is the heart. She trusts that Jae Wook loves her as much as she loves him.

They promised to meet at a restaurant belongs to one of their friends and almost like a ritual, they will go and walk by the beach after the lunch to keep up with each other's lives. She definitely loves the walk the most and obviously rather looked up for today's especially. Her aunt keeps asking about their future plan and Jae Wook family seemed to be agreeing with her too. But again, it will depend on Jae Wook's plan as he is the one who will decide the flow of their relationship. She was hoping that she could approach on the topic with Jae Wook during the walk.

"Unnie, where are the books that you want me to send to the post office?", Chae Young's voice broke her daydreaming.

"Well, I am not quite sure where are the books are. He must have stacked them somewhere in the store. I only asked him for his address. I bet he will come back today. When he comes, can you help asking about the books?", replied Seo Woo.

"Wow, you're very pretty wearing that dress, unnie", Chae Young naughtily winked at her, and continued "But, how do I know that it is him? I have never even met him before".

"If he is a handsome man looking almost like a younger Kim Soo-Hyun, then that's him", said Seo Woo.

"Like seriously unnie!! You're naughty girl, I should inform Jae Wook oppa that you're having a crush on another guy", Chae Young exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I am as loyal as a dove to Jae Wook oppa. It's been fifteen years already, do you think it is easy for me to fall in love with another man when I have been in love with the same guy for the past fifteen years?", said Seo Woo with an exaggerating tone.

Chae Young laughed at her remarks and said "You're surely is one of the most boring person I have ever known in my life for staying true to just one relationship for fifteen years". With that being said, a throw pillow landed on her face and she burst out  laughing over that. "Unnie, no offense okay to your love relationship. I kinda adore that you managed to stick to the same guy for that longgg time but I also adore my best friend who keep changing her boyfriend every three months.hahaha".

"You're one sick girl, Chae Young!hahaha. Don't worry, the right guy will come to you at the right time. Just go down stairs and see if we have any customer", said Seo Woo. 

When she arrived at the restaurant, Jae Wook has yet to arrive so she took the chance to converse with her friend and her husband who are the owner of the restaurant. Then, Lim Jae Wook arrived in the middle of their conversation. After exchanging greetings and few words, the couple left them to be alone.

"How are you, Seo Woo?", asked Jae Wook while holding Seo Woo's hands. Seo Woo thought  that at moment, he looked a bit distraught and preoccupied with something. "I'm great, oppa. What about you? You look a bit different. Are you okay?" Seo Woo was worried about her boyfriend. "I'm okay, don't worry about. It must be the works that had taken a toll on me", said Jae Wook. "Oh oppa, it's equally important to take care of yourself and be healthy. Money is nothing without good health. I'm so worried about you..", Seo Woo expressed her sincere worries for Jae Wook without knowing that soon, everything she has held dear to her heart will turn to ashes.

"Let's order something delicious first, then we go for a stroll at the beach. You know how much I love going to the beach with you", said Seo Woo and Jae Wook no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter