The Lunch

She, who finally arrived.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was merely an invitation for lunch but to him, for some reasons; he was feeling as if this was fated from the very beginning. He could still somehow pictured her from the day he first saw her in the bookstore. She descended the staircase, wearing a yellow cardigan that somehow added to her cheerfulness. He was bewitched for a while in that moment and now the same person would finally be coming to meet him and have lunch with him on top of that.

He rarely felt this way; if he could see his own complexion right now, his usually sallow complexion (maybe due to his insomnia) actually looked radiant with the expectations of seeing her again. He had been rereading the same message for few times now without even trying to reply it.

" Ha Won shii, this is Han Seo Woo. I'm not sure if you can still remember me. We met in Jeju about two years ago when you dropped by my bookstore. Now, I can finally treat you for lunch. Please let me know when you will be free. See you".  

She is in Seoul now, somewhere in Seoul.

Finally he managed to summon some strength to reply to Seo Woo's message, "Nice to hear from you. Well, I am always ready for a treat. I have been waiting for two years now". 

 

Seo Woo saw the message on her way to work and smiled at his reply. "I thought you have forgotten about me, Ha Won shii. It had been quite sometimes now. Well, I'm not quite familiar with Seoul, maybe you could suggest somewhere we could go?".

Well, being an unsociable person he is, Ha Won too was rather oblivious of where to go since most of the time R1's favourite hangout would be the chicken place. How can he bring Seo Woo to such place when this is her first time in Seoul. "Where could I bring her for lunch? Maybe I could ask for Soon Ho's opinion. She may have a nice place that she could suggest", he thought and rang her right away.

" Soon Ho, if you were to go out with your lady friends for lunch, where do you usually go?". "Why uncle, do you have a lady friend that you want to bring over to that place? Well if you could give more hints about the lady then I can give some ideas", she was giggling over the phone.

Ha Won quickly replied, " It's just a meeting, but I want to make a good impression. Could you suggest any place?". He lied a bit but he thought that Soon Ho could already somehow sense his peculiar change and the topic itself was rather ambigious. 

 "Do you still remember the place we met for dinner, together with Granny last time? They also open for lunch. Well, enjoy your lunch with your lady friend. I need to go, the musicians are here", she ended the call. Moon Soon Ho helped him to manage a studio he just bought not long ago to collect recordings for their previous project. When AH was not using the studio, it will be rented for classical music recordings.

 

They promised to meet by 1 o clock at a restaurant suggested by Ha Won.

Han Seo Woo left the office around 12.30pm to get to the rendezvous place since she was yet to be familiar with Seoul.

But when she arrived, Ha Won was already there, occupying a table for two. He waived at Seo Woo and stood up when she got to the table and he helped her with the chair. As she sat opposite him, she now remembers why she liked looking at him back then. He has a clean shaven face with a boyish charm. He is indeed a good looking man. His eyes looked a bit darker and deeper now that she was facing him eye-to-eye. She thought that he gained a bit of weight now but it only made him looked more handsome and matured as compared to the last time she saw him. His mouth curved into a shy smile and she just realized that she was staring at him again. She let out a cough trying to cover her probably  abashed face.

 "Hi Ha Won shii, how long had it been ya? Two years right?", she finally broke the silence.

Ha Won replied "It's good to see you. I thought that I might have missed the chance to have the lunch with you". Seo Woo thought that he looked more cheerful t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter