unexpected incident

THE CAT CATCHES THE BUTTERFLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hiding the truth is the same as telling the lie. Try being open, honest but if you have to hide it you shouldn't be doing in the first place”

 

 

KIM RESIDENT

 

All of them keep eating the breakfast silently while Mrs. Kim is staring at them one by one.

“So, Jiyong…why are you here?” suddenly Mrs. Kim asked.

All of them stunned when Mrs. Kim asked that.

Jiyong look at Taeyeon and he can see Taeyeon shake her head slowly to give sign not to tell the truth.

“Just visiting” Jiyong replied while smiling awkwardly.

Mrs. Kim looks at him suspiciously before she turns to look at Taeyeon face. Taeyeon turn her face to avoid Mrs. Kim eyes. Jiwoong noticed his mother face, he then ask Jiyong.

“Are you leaving today?” Jiwoong asked while he munches his foods.

Jiyong nodded before he reply

“Yup, I have meeting today”

“It’s something surprising. You are a busy person but have time to visiting here” Mrs. Kim said with smiles.

“Nae…” Jiyong smiling replied while looking at Taeyeon face.

Mrs. Kim saw his reaction to her words and then she knows there is something between him and Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

After the breakfast, Jiyong asks permission to go back to Seoul. Taeyeon accompanies him to his car while Jiwoong and Mrs. Kim secretly peeking then through the window.

“So…thank you,” Jiyong said when they reach at his car.

“Welcome and thank you for coming” Taeyeon replied with awkward smiles.

“Hurm…if you have anything or want my help just let me know. Perhaps…if you wants me to talks to him, I willingly to do that for you” Jiyong said to comfort Taeyeon.

He tries to make sure that Taeyeon didn’t feel a burden about what will going happen afterward. Taeyeon looks at him while smiling. She feels touched when he said that. She knows Jiyong is trying to make her feel ease but what's going to happen afterward is really bother her. 

“I’m fine” Taeyeon replied try to hide her worried.

Jiyong stares at her for a while before his approach her and hugs her tightly.

“Argh…I’m gonna miss you” Jiyong said while hugging her.

Taeyeon stunned when Jioyg hugging her. She feel uncomfortable when Jiyong doing that in front of her house.

“Jiyong, omma and oppa will see us,” Taeyeon said while her eyes are looking at the house.

“I don’t care. I just want to hugs you,” Jiyong replied before he kisses her forehead softly.

When Jiyong is kiss her forehead, Taeyeon just being silent and then she hugging him back. At that moment, Taeyeon just wants to feel warm in his arms. Meanwhile, Jiyong keeps smiling when he feel Taeyeon hugging him back.

“Love you” Jiyong mutter slowly but can be hearing by Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

“What is going on out there?” Mrs. Kim asked furiously after she saw Jiyong and Taeyeon hugging.

“Omma…please, calm down” Jiwoong said try to comfort his mother.

“No…! Don’t you see that? What is going on? Is she insane?” Mrs. Kim asked firmly.

“Omma, let’s hear from Taeyeon first” Jiwoong replied while he holding Mrs. Kim hands.

Mrs. Kim stares at Jiwoong with firm before she says

“I hope she has a reasonable sense to tell us!”

After Jiyong leaving, Taeyeon enter the house with mixed feelings. She knows that her mother already know about her and Jiyong when she saw Mrs. Kim stares at her furiously.

“You want to explain or let me assume by myself?” Mrs. Kim asked while hold her anger.

“Omma…” Jiwoong said while holding his mother hands.

Taeyeon look at both of them before her approaching her mother slowly.

“Actually, I know him before the engagement” Taeyeon starts her words.

Both of them look at her with surprised. Taeyeon continue when she decided to tell her family the truth story about them.

“Yes…we already meet before the engagement at Jeju. We celebrate New Year's Eve together there...with our friends. But at first, we've not involved these feelings and I didn't even think to have anything related to him. As I know, we just meet that night a new year and after that, we don't see each other anymore. To be honest, we don't see each other afterward. Four years...along those years,...I really didn't think or expect to meet him.  But…after four years, when I'm leaving the house and work at that hotel...then…I meet him again.” Taeyeon continue her story.

“So…you already know him before you decided to engage?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Taeyeon nodded slowly.

“That time, are you having feeling to him?” Mrs. Kim asked curiously.

Taeyeon didn’t answer her mother immediately. She look at her mother and continue says

“When I was work at that hotel, both of us start to get close to each other. At first, I thought he just one of my friends. And honestly, I don't know when...how this feeling appears for him. I don't know.”

Mrs. Kim and Jiwoong stay quiet after Taeyeon said that.

“This feeling starts growing when he's comforting me after appa leaves us. At that time, I just feel touched and then I know that feeling is there but I can't spill it.” Taeyeon continue while her burst into tears.

“It’s that because you are already engage to Young Kwang?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Taeyeon nodded slowly while wipe her tears.

“It makes me feel guilty toward Young Kwang oppa and...After what Jiwoong oppa said to me at the hospital...about halabeoji will. It makes me feel awry what should I do...but at that time...I really don't know his real feeling toward me even other people keep saying otherwise. I keep holding to this engagement just because of appa. Also, I don't want to hurt Young Kwang oppa.” Taeyeon continue said while crying.

“Aigoo…Taeyeon-na…why don’t you tell me before?” Mrs. Kim said frustrated.

Mrs. Kim approaches her and hugs her daughter.

“I'm scared that I'll hurt everyone. I don't want our family bitter just because of me. Halabeoji and appa hope with this engagement will close the family not ruin it.” Taeyeon said while she crying in Mrs. Kim arms.

Mrs. Kim looks at Jiwoong with mixed feelings while Jiwoong feel upset after he hears that from Taeyeon. 

 

 

KIM COMPANY

 

Young Kwang walks to Jiwoong office while carrying the document for him. When he’s knock, no one answering from inside. Young Kwang frown before he opens the door and saw nobody in there. Young Kwang feels uneasy when he saw Jiwoong is not there. He then walks to Taeyeon office and knocks the door and the same as Jiwoong. Nobody is there. Young Kwang takes out his phone and dials Taeyeon numbers. However, he can’t get through when his call goes to voicemail again. He then tries to call Jiwoong then his call is answering by Jiwoong.

“Hello?” Young Kwang greets.

“Nae…” Jiwoong greet him back.

“Where are you? Don’t you come to the office today?” Young Kwang asked curiously.

“I’ll be there after lunch, I have something to do” Jiwoong replied

“Ouh…did something happen? I can’t reach Taeyeon” Young Kwang asked worried.

“Oh, don’t worry. She’s fine. She’s with me. We’ll be at office after lunch” Jiwoong said try to make Young Kwang didn’t feel worried about them.

“Arasso…” Young Kwang replied before he ended the call.

Young Kwang look at his phone after ended the call. He suddenly feel that is something happen to them when Young Kwang noticed Jiwoong voice look so urgent. After that, he just walks back to his office and continue his works.

 

 

KIM RESIDENT

 

“I think you should tell Young Kwang the truth” suddenly Jiwoong said after he ended the call with him.

Taeyeon look at Jiwoong with mixed feelings before she says

“I will but…”

“Tae, I’m sorry for asking you like this…but you think telling him the truth will make your life relieve?” Mrs. Kim suddenly asked.

Taeyeon is silent after she hears her mother question.

“And do you think I can be happy to keep this from him?” Taeyeon asked her mother back.

“I know, Tae. I know what you feel right now. I know how you really love Jiyong but in same time you feel guilty to hurt Young Kwang, right?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Taeyeon nodded slowly.

“Then, just let her tell him the truth. But still…we have to prepare mentally if samchon family ambushes us. You know how imo will react if she know about this” Jiwoong replied to warn them.

Mrs. Kim looks at Taeyeon with mixed feelings. She also feels uneasy after what just happened here. After her husband passed away, she tries to make sure their family bond keeps faith. She thought when Taeyeon married Young Kwang that will make their family happy but right now, when she knows Taeyeon's true feelings, she just feels unfair for her. She loves her daughter also her family but she has to sacrifice for her daughter happy.

“Just go, tell him the truth. About samchon and imo don’t you worried. I can handle it for you. Besides, I can tell Jiyong is really in love with you. I can see his eyes when he staring at you. Even though Young Kwang also loves you but I don't see that love from you it’s for him,” Mrs. Kim said while she rubs Taeyeon hair softly.

“Omma…”Taeyeon burst into tears after her mother said that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter