introduction

THE CAT CATCHES THE BUTTERFLY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DECEMBER 2016

JEJU ISLAND

NIGHTCLUB

 

Jiyong and his fellow friends attend the nightclub to celebrate a new year together. That night, he keeps drinking non-stops while enjoying that night happily.

“Jiyong, what is your New Year wish?” Youngbae one of his friends asks.

“I hope we can be stay happy like this” Jiyong replied before he sips his drink.

“What about you?” Jiyong asked Youngbae.

“I wish to be married” Youngbae replied while smiling.

Jiyong stunned with his friend answer but he smiles and say

“That’s out of my mind”

“Hyung, did you heard that?” Jiyong asked Seunghyun, his other friends.

“Hey, are you serious?” Seunghyun asked Youngbae.

“Just a wish” Youngbae replied while smiling.

Suddenly, Daesung his other friend come approach them while bring them another wine.

“I want to celebrate this night with my lovely hyung…hyung…and hyung…” Daesung said while pour the wine into their glass.

“What is your wish?” Seunghyung asked Daesung.

“I wish…I wish…hurm…I don’t know because I have nothing to ask” Daesung replied.

“So…come let’s cheer,” Daesung continue while lifting his glass.

All of them gathered the glass before they drink it.

 

 

 

Opposite area, Taeyeon and her fellow friends are celebrating New Year together.

“I want to drink until evening…” Tiffany shouts after sips her drink.

“Then, we’re leaving…” Sooyoung replied while munch the chips.

“Hey, let’s dance” Hyoyeon said toward them.

“Let’s go…!!!” Yuri and Yoona shouts before follow Hyoyeon to dance.

Taeyeon chuckles when she saw her friends dance.

“Hey, why are you so quiet tonight?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just shakes her head while smiling.

“I’m just happy to meet you guys tonight…” Taeyeon replied while smiling.

“Let’s go dance…!” Tiffany said while grabbing Taeyeon hand.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, let’s go dance!” Daesung said to the others.

“Yeah…” Jiyong replied before he get up and follow Daesung.

After that, they just enjoying the dance and make drown into the music.

 

 

 

 

Few moments later, Seunghyun accidentally nudge someone behind him.

“Opss…sorry…” Seunghyun said.

“Oh…it’s okay…” Tiffany replied.

“Hi…” Seunghyun greet her with his smile.

“Hi…” Tiffany replied while keep dancing.

“That’s your friend?” Seunghyun asked when he saw other women nearby.

“Yeah…” Tiffany replied.

“I’m Seunghyun” he introduce himself.

“Tiffany…” she replied while smiling.

“Nice to meet you” Seunghyun said.

 

 

 

 

After that, they’re get back to the table.

“Hey, the guys want to join us here” Tiffany said while pointing toward the other table.

“Are you sure want let them join us?” Yoona asked curiously.

“Why? Are you afraid they doing something?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know…they look suspicious” Taeyeon replied.

“So…should we refuse?” Tiffany asked.

“Nah…just let them join…besides, we can have fun with them” Sooyoung replied excitedly.

“Don’t worry…they just want to have drink with us…” Tiffany said.

“Okay…” Yoona replied hesitated.

 

 

 

 

That night, they celebrate the New Year together. They drink, dance and have fun with delight. However, someone has caught Jiyong's attention that night. He saw her being too quiet that night. Jiyong bravely approaches her and greet her.

“Hi…” Jiyong said with a smile.

She didn’t reply to him but her eyes stare at him weirdly. 

“So arrogant…” Jiyong mumbled slowly.

However still can be heard by her. She glances at him before she sips her drink slowly.

Jiyong smiling when he noticed her glances and then he say

“I’m Jiyong…”

When Jiyong introduces his name, she still ignoring him and continues to sips her drink.

“Your eyes are mesmerizing” suddenly Jiyong blurt out his mind thought.

She startled when he said that. She turn her face and look at him while frown.

Jiyong chuckles shyly after she looks at him like that.

“What do you want?” Suddenly she asked him.

Jiyong startled when she asked him with firm tone.

“Hey…be cool…I just want to be friend” Jiyong replied.

“I don’t want to be your friend” she replied firmly.

“Oh…that’s hurt…why?” Jiyong asked to make sure she speaks with him.

“Just…” she said while lifts her shoulder and let the words hang there.

Jiyong feel more curious about her when she behave that way with him. In his life, women would often try to be close to him and he would be friends with them. However, that night was the opposite. That woman didn't show interesting toward him and keep ignoring his presence. That makes him feel more attracted to her.

 

 

 

For a while, they were just observers of the fun of their friends. Occasionally, Jiyong would glare at the woman beside him while the woman was silent without even talking to him. Also, Jiyong looks at the woman's smile when she smiles at her best friend.

 

Jiyong POV

“She has beautiful smiles…but why her eyes show sadness?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon feel uncomfortable when the guy seat beside her. She noticed that he keep glare at her even she try to ignore him.

 

Taeyeon POV

“Why he have to seat here…just go…”

 

Suddenly, her phone is ringing. She gets up from the chair and walk away from there to answer her phone. The guy beside her look at her when she leave there.

“Hello…” Taeyeon greet.

“Tae…where are you?” Mrs. Kim asked curiously when she heard the noise from the other side.

“I’m at the club with friend…why?” Taeyeon asked.

“Aigooo…what are you doing there? What time is it? Come back soon…Appa is looking for you” Mr. Kim replied.

“Omma…it’s New Year…I’m celebrating with my friend…can I meet him tomorrow?” Taeyeon said try to give excuses.

“Yah…didn’t you forget about tomorrow?” Mr. Kim asked firmly.

Taeyeon didn’t replied hr for a while. To be honest, she didn’t remember what actually her family arranging for her tomorrow.

“I know you’ll be forgetting…tomorrow samchon family will be here…” Mrs. Kim said when she noticed Taeyeon didn’t replied her.

“Ah….” Taeyeon said when she remembers.

“So…come back home…appa want you here when they arrived” Mrs. Kim replied.

“Why I have to be there?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“Aigoo….this girl…don’t you remember… the engagement?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Taeyeon stunned when her mother said that.

“Omma…didn’t I told you two that I’m not ready yet” Taeyeon replied disappointed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter