Oh My Girl visits WJSN

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

«I’ve asked Bona to help you, if needed», says Hyojung, tip-toeing, so she can pat Mimi and YooA's heads. She smiles, quite contentedly, and continues, «Everything will be all right. You have a great company this year».
«Unnie», says YooA, «I can ask Sowon, you know. I know her well enough, and she's reliable».
Hyojung pouts, «That's what I get for caring for my members?»
YooA frowns, but Mimi has the decency to look half-guilty.
«Ugh, what’s use of these two if they never understand », says Seunghee, and everyone looks at the main vocal, surprised. «Of course, YooA can ask Sojung of GFriend, and Mimi can ask Sojung of WJSN, but does it matter to our leader when she can hit on the girl of her dreams?»
Upon hearing this, Hyojung goes from pouting to fuming in two seconds, but her dance line pays no attention to her state and jumps on her gleefully.
«We are so grateful, unnie», YooA mischievously says.
Mimi praises her, «You are finally making your move on Bona! I’ll make sure to ask her for help and talk about you».
«You'll just embarrass me», mumbles Hyojung, trying to support both girls' weight. After the dancers dismount her, she turns to Mimi, «And it's not like you won't be using the time with Bona to talk about Seola. Correct?»
It's Mimi's turn to pout. She blushes and says nothing. 
«Hey», Binnie chimes in, «Now that you are finally asking Bona unnie out, have a little compassion for our lovesick puppy».
«You're the one to talk!» Hyojung huffs. «Tell Dawon I said hi».
Everyone gapes at Binnie.
«What is that supposed to mean?» Seunghee asks. «Am I the only sane, non-lovesick person here?»
«I am not lovesick», Binnie says bravely. «Quite happy, in fact. Dawon and I are going out. I guess».
«You guess?» Arin exclaims.
Binnie shrugs, «I am not sure what we are. It just feels nice to spend time with her. She's very comfortable to be around with».
«Right», drawls Jiho, «and it's not because of her 'y beast' aura on stage. In WJSN, you couldn't have found a hotter member. I mean! Have you seen them covering ‘Love Shot’? I was like, damn, Nam Dawon, the whole time!»
«I beg to differ», Mimi mumbles, clearly wanting to defend Seola’s powers of seduction. YooA thinks about mentioning Eunseo's passionate input to that glorious stage, but, catching Jiho's stink eye, digresses. Hyojung, having vivid flashbacks of watching Bona's nosebleed-inducing fancam for the first time, turns beetroot red. 
But Arin, their spoiled pretty child, feels free to share her thoughts on that matter. Not really blushing (why would she, she wasn’t falling for this Duracell-powered variety and dance cover genius!), Arin begins, «In my opinion, Dayoung…»
«Not entitled to an opinion», Jiho cuts her off. «No right to have an opinion on this matter; there is only one correct opinion — mine — and it says that Nam Dawon is the hottest WJSN member. Officially. We should probably give her a certificate or something. Binnie, I applaud you».
«That's why I didn't want to tell you», Binnie huffs, her ears red, «I knew you'd tease me to death!»
«I think we need to visit WJSN as a group ASAP», Seunghee says. «To clear all misunderstandings».
«I’m in», Arin agrees, «I’ve missed Dayoung quite a bit».
Hyojung casts a glance behind: Bona is no longer accompanied by Chungha and has returned to where her group is seated. «Why not», she says. «But please, in orderly manner».

***

WJSN occupy three rows, taking ten seats at once. Bona thinks of their square formation during the bridge in ‘Dreams Come true’, now broken beyond recognition. Two vacant seats in the front are now occupied by Luda and herself, the second row is filled with the beagles — meaning, the leader, the maknae and the eldest are left to bother each other in the back. She thinks she can hear the faint sounds of Exy's dignity crumbling, Yeonjung's victorious laugh and Seola's occasional snickers.
But then her phone rings, and nothing else matters.
From the screen of Bona's smartphone shine the crescents of a toothy smile and clear black eyes. The styling Xuan Yi has now is one of a classic Chinese maiden: snow white skin, raven black locks, red lips — basic, saturated, culturally prominent colours. For some time now, Xuan Yi has been kept inside the traditional «the nation’s visual» box: thin, pretty, and seemingly tame — but now that there are no fans observing her, the pretences are gone, and Bona watches Xuan Yi making faces and being her wild, decisive, strong-willed, seaweed-obsessed, tomboyish self. 
«Where is Mei Qi?» asks Bona, and Xuan Yi huffs, «She's coming in a minute. I thought you’ve missed me».
Bona smiles, «Of course, I’ve missed you. How have you been doing?»
Xuan Yi's eyes dim a little bit, «Not enough sleep, I am afraid. And you? Will you be allowed to sleep more in the barracks?»
«I doubt that», Bona sighs.
«But it might be a better routine», Xuan Yi insists. «No hair salon at one a.m., no pre-recordings at the midnight».
The Chinese ruffles her hair and smiles at Bona once more, «I think there is hope». 
Bona watches Xuan Yi and remembers her ridiculous, confident, chivalrous presence. «I was hoping you could visit before my enlistment», she says before she can stop herself.
Xuan Yi just looks at her, and Bona watches how white colour of her girlfriend’s pretty skin changes into the green-ish, yellow colour of pain.
«I do have the money to travel back and forth now», admits Xuan Yi. «But I am also chained to my workplace. Li-fe su-ck-s».
«Luómàndìkè sǐ», continues Bona

Please log in to read the full chapter