@ Twice's

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first thing Nayeon feels when she wakes up, is how dry is. Her head is empty; her ears are filled with an ocean surf; her body feels as heavy as a pile of bricks. This is not her first hangover, but it is probably the deadliest she has ever experienced.
She’s not sure if she would ever be able to use her eyes or voice; she’s not sure if she’s alone; she’s not even sure if she is lying down in her own bed — or chained up and hooked by her ankles, head down, in a ‘self-reflection’ room. No wonder why, really; the world doesn’t make any sense anymore.
Without her knowledge (because Nayeon is still deaf, blind and numb to outer realm), her phone lights up, and the messages from a certain ‘siren sunbae’ start clouding up the screen.
Our drunk version of ‘Be Mine’ has gone viral. Good job, kid.
MNet will include it (and some talking bits) into the leave day episode. The rest of the footage was not usable, they said.
Your manager was really mad.
them.
Call me whenever you have doubts.
«Rough night, huh?»
Nayeon musters all of her strength to open her eyes and discovers Sana, who apparently made herself a cosy nest at the foot of her bed.
The Japanese flashes her 32 pearls, «You’re all over the internet. You killed it at the karaoke — and the bar you and Sunmi went to doesn’t even have karaoke».
«Aren’t you at GFriend’s?» whispers Nayeon, feeling a spasm coming. She shudders; Sana throws another blanket over her and firmly, but tenderly tucks her in.
«I was there. Bed & breakfast, their dorm is», she says, winking at Nayeon. «You should eat, too; it’s noon already. Yerin made you a hangover soup».
Nayeon blinks; the information settles in, promising a headache. 
«And Sojung?» she asks.
«I didn’t see her. But then again», Sana’s quick to explain, «I didn’t get out of the room that much». 
Nayeon frowns and wills her hand to move around, but Sana nails it down with her own.
«Don’t even think to check your phone», she orders. «It is of no use for you: who are you going to call, huh? All you have to do right now is to heal».

***

Dahyun is the person Nayeon sees when she opens her eyes for the second time. She must have out some time after Sana confiscated her phone — most certainly, out of anger and resentment. Nayeon hopes she didn’t say anything stupid.
Her considerate, eldest maknae is waiting for her to gain consciousness and appetite. She’s holding a bowl of steaming soup and watching something funny on her phone. Nayeon stirs, and Dahyun immediately takes her earphones out. 
«How do you feel, unnie?»
Nayeon shrugs slowly, not sure if she’s able to speak, «Nauseous».
«Do you want some water?» asks the maknae, and when Nayeon blinks — twice, to answer ‘yes’ — helps her.
«Is this Yerin’s oeuvre?» rasps Nayeon, nodding at the bowl.
Dahyun beams, «Yep. Chaengie tasted it and nearly ate it all. Suddenly she’s in love with GFriend, who knew».
«Is it jealousy I hear? Yes, I’m now madly in love with Yerin’s cooking, so now you’re free to drive into the sunset with Sinb», says a spunky voice, and Chaeyoung enters Nayeon’s room. «Scoot, I’m taking care of Nayeon unnie».
Dahyun grins and hands her the bowl; Chaeyoung takes the spoon with — very visible — pride and responsibility. 
«Nayeon unnie, say ahhh», she coos, and Dahyun giggles, before leaving.
«I’m not hungry, Chaeyoungie».
«Would you mind if I eat this, then?»
Chaeyoung’s apologising tone and mischievous eyes are the first thing that makes Nayeon smile today, «Go for it». 
She watches Chaeyoung quickly devour Yerin’s soup and sigh with satisfaction, «It’s really tasty. Remind me to drink myself stupid in GFriend’s dorm at least once».
Nayeon feels so sick, she closes her eyes, «Don’t drink, Chaeng. Ever».
«How do you feel, Nayeon unnie?» asks the maknae, taking her hand.
«Like an idiot».
«Do you want a hug?»
«Yes, please».
Chaeyoung’s tangibility — her weight and her fresh, slightly childish smell — calms Nayeon to a certain degree. The maknae carefully moves the eldest around so Nayeon can snuggle upon her and listen to her heartbeat. The nausea slowly dissipates; Chaeyoung’s hand, slowly massaging Nayeon’s head, helps a lot.
«You should have seen yourself yesterday», the maknae murmurs. «Sunmi sunbaenim actually apologised to Jihyo. Outrageous».
Nayeon hems.
«Your state scared Dahyun».
«I told y

Please log in to read the full chapter