V-live, stages & crushes (a short appendix)

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

The platoon is occupying the washroom, well into their usual night time beauty routine. Despite how long this day has been, they are still riding the high of the mini-concert. They can’t really sing or throw a dance party (it’s well after midnight), so they put this energy into prettying themselves up and chatting; re-living the evening gig.
«V-live is up», lazily announces Kei, spitting the toothpaste into the sink. «I’ll check the comments».
«Check the hearts count first», says Eunbi, still with her own toothbrush in . «The numbers’d better be sky high».
«Ah, don’t you know?» shrugs the tiny vocalist. «It’s like usual. The view count is at least two times higher than the hearts’ one».
«Lazy bastards», spits someone down the line of sinks. The platoon giggles. 
Kei puts her phone aside and sighs, «Damn, Nayoung, your flow is like... silky, but murderous. Are you sure you’re not single?»
«Dead sure», winks Stone Nayoung. «And none of you, losers, can persuade me otherwise».
Heehyun whistles.
«Sounds like a challenge!» whoops Exy.
Stone Buddha chuckles and shows fellow leaders a video on her phone, «We’ll talk when you can beat this. If ever, of course», she adds, overpowering her own rapping about how she ‘can’t fake it no more’ and ordering the — already dying — fangirls to ‘stop playing hard to get’.
«Okay, okay, we get it, leader Im, your girlfriend is hot», drawls Heehyun, getting back to applying a serum. «Give up, Exy, you won’t top this».
Exfoliating Exy scoffs, but Im Nayoung nods seriously.
«You two look good together», says creamy Jooeun, peeking from under Heehyun’s arm. «It must be cool to perform with your girlfriend».
Haebin — one earphone in, one arm on

Please log in to read the full chapter