Re-delegating the leader duties

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

Of course, the MCs kick the youngest to be the first one. 
Kwon Eunbi is sorry to leave the group solely on Lee Chaeyeon, but she has a plan how to make this work.
«Tell Sakura to girl the hell up», she says, «so the Japanese trio wouldn’t be a problem. And if she doesn’t, make Hitomi their leader. Now, the Koreans — make Hyewon help you, she’s a first class manipulator in disguise. Don’t let the maknaes get lazy. Again, I am very sorry, but I’m going to enjoy this vacation».
Heehyun was prepared better than the others: she brought the props. «Appa», she says, «you are, once again, our leader. Once again, take this baseball bat and protect our maknaes. You know how to use it».
Smirking Eunice accepts the bat and swings it shortly. «Don't worry, Cat. The maknaes will be safe. Yah, Jung Chaeyeon, leave your girlfriend for two seconds and wish your leader to become a lieutenant. Yuju-ssi, don't you need to be somewhere?»
Yuju gasps and dashes off to her own group; every hoobae she passes by bows at her politely.
Sowon, with Umji in one arm, Eunha in another, and Yerin on her back (who, after being literally crowned by Sowon, is quietly munching on her gorgeous hair), looks at unusually silent SinB in front of her. 
«Unnie», says the second maknae, visibly glad that the venue is so noisy, «I will truly miss your crankiness. Yerin is no leader. No one really is».
«Yerin will manage…» begins Sowon, but her sentiment is interrupted by Yuju, who slams into SinB's back and smashes her into Sowon. Using the convenient, but impromptu group hug, SinB and Sowon whisper their affirmations and goodbyes to each other.

***

During the re-delegating leader duties ceremony, Nayeon keeps studying Sowon. The blonde has her eyes closed, so there is no way to tell if she is crying, like some of her members are. 
Nayeon glances at Sana. No trace of jealous rage on this pretty face. Probably, because Nayeon has every ounce of said rage out of everyone standing close to her.
«Stop it», says the hamster, startling Nayeon. «This is my girlfriend you are staring at, Nayeonnie». 
«You know it's not about Eunha», comments Momo from the adjacent seat. «Even if she's looking right at that cute little thing, she's seeing that blonde giant anyway».
Sana nods, «I am pretty sure she clings onto Chewy so much, just because she’s training herself to climb that tree in one go».
Looking all wise, Momo muses out loud, «You know it's serious when Nayeon isn't spazzing out because of Oh My Girl's presence in the same vicinity».
Sana echoes, «Of course it's serious. She even kissed her hand, for 's sake. And got her slapped by that fine, tall glass of water».
«Shut up», hisses Nayeon, «Anyone can hear yo

Please log in to read the full chapter