razgovor (another short appendix)

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

«I know you’ve asked to go on duty with me instead of Exy», YooA says. «You didn't have to, you know. You've helped me several times already».
Changing her grip on an old woven basket they were told to bring, Bona shrugs, «I promised Hyojung I'll look after you, didn’t I? Exy is well-occupied with Mimi anyway».
YooA's eyes dim, «Yes, I am afraid, we are quite handful. We both are second eldest, but usually, Hyojung acting as an unnie is enough: Binnie, Jiho and Seunghee are very mature».
Bona is fast to reassure the dancer, «No, I didn't mean it like that. You are the nicest girl I know, except maybe Dawon. I don't mind taking care of you».
They are standing in silence for a minute, observing the woods. From the distance, they can hear Exy, Mimi, Eunbi and D.Ana chopping firewood. Bona and YooA, in turn, were ordered to gather kindling — a great opportunity for them to unplug themselves. To walk around the woods picking up twigs, bark and dry mushrooms or moss is quite a calming activity, if you ask YooA. There is no one there, it smells like summer, and the scenery is absolutely dream-like. It is about time WM let them shoot a music video on location once again.
Bona glances at the dancer: the girl looks comfortable enough, so this might be the right moment to reveal that she has had a secret mission all along. Maybe, YooA won’t tear her head off for it.
«What is it?» asks YooA, turning her head to look at Bona. «You look burdened».
«I must confess», Bona nods.
She should have worded it better: immediately, YooA’s expression turns flabbergasted and even a little scared, but, fortunately, it doesn’t last long. 
The dancer relaxes. «For a second», she admits, «I thought it was going to be a love confession. But then I remembered Xuan Yi».
«Our forgettable Xuan Yi», Bona mutters under her nose.
Catching it, YooA politely asks, «How are you two?»
«We've been better», Bona answers vaguely. «It’s hard to maintain a normal relationship while doing long distance…»

Please log in to read the full chapter