May 2019. Oh My Girl & GFriend

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

@ Oh My Girl’s appearance on some variety show

«Your comeback song is…» start the MCs; disproportionally big confusion painted over their faces.
Oh My Girl’s members nod in unison, «The Fifth Season».
«The Fifth Season, exactly! Interestingly enough, some of you will participate in the fifth season of Female Idol Military Service!»
Oh My Girl smile and confirm.
«Are you sure the song isn’t about that?» continues the MC with the «gotcha!» expression. 
«The FIMS advertisement song!» adds another one, shooting finger guns at them.
«Seriously, how much did they pay you?» asks the third one, laughing.
Hyojung smiles and explains, «This album is all about love; and love is as powerful as the nature itself. So, when there are four seasons — spring, summer, fall and winter — there is the fifth season, love».

***

@ GFriend’s dorm

«Did you hear it, unnie? FIMS is in its love season. You should use it as a pick-up line. Strut up to you-know-who, tell her the magic number and get hot and heavy with her». 
«Ew, Yerin. You are practically engaged to Sooyoung at that point, shouldn’t you start acting more mature?» 
«Never, unnie. Relax! Everything is going to be chill!» 
Sowon sighs. Nothing is going to be chill when she leaves to film that show of the female idol military service. Out of all mind-boggling types of variety the idols are contractually obligated to participate in, this one is the most ridiculous. She isn’t even sure how the idea was born. Was it really to help the feminist movement in modern-day Korea? Or is it a petty thing the government males invented to humiliate said movement and to ogle at the young, (overtly) fit bodies in the process?
Sowon huffs in exasperation. She doesn’t want to do this. What’s the point in proving the axiom of gender equality? One will just look silly in the process. Truth be told, the FIMS show did have its bright moments, like when Seohyun sunbaenim opted for the diplomatic mission in North Korea, instead of serving in the forces. (And now there is a shift towards uniting the countries.)
Sensing her unnie’s foul mood, Yerin dazzles the eldest with her famous eye smile, trying to persuade Sowon into looking at the situation from her point of view. «Why can’t you be thankful for a sudden vacation? For two months, no managers, less cooking; lots of fresh air and the prettiest girls, not to mention — a certain bunny will be there».
Not only Sowon’s frown doesn’t v

Please log in to read the full chapter