Hann (—)!

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

Being put on duty on the leave day was meant to teach Nayeon a lesson and make her more cautious — hello again, agencies' fantastic ways of behavioural upbringing, let’s reminisce the good old pre-debut days. Nayeon is so over this, she is not even upset. She is totally capable of tolerating her shift. After all, Sowon promised to stay the longest and leave last, so Nayeon won’t feel as lonely. That is why Nayeon isn’t sulking as much, and diligently posing for anyone and everyone in this plexiglass box not far from the checkpoint. She makes acquaintances with the guy she tried to shoot yesterday — he turns out to be a decent human being. All is well, she doesn’t hate Seolhyun at all.
That is, until she sees today’s supervising officer. That YooA-obsessed creep. Every time Nayeon is challenged with working under that woman, she feels like she is starring in ‘Mission: Impossible’. Captain Baek saunters towards her with her usual prideful attitude.
«Private Im», says captain Baek. «Today you will be supervising the leave of idol privates. Here is the list of those authorised to exit the base; write in the time they leave. And, by the way… Give me a heads up, when Oh My Girl decide to get out».
«Yes, ma’am», Nayeon barks, thinking 'The hell I will, my ' to the captain’s lazily retreating back.
«Nayeon», Sowon whispers, appearing when the creep is finally out of sight. «We’re smuggling YooA out».
«Right now?!» hisses Nayeon, nodding in the direction captain Baek went.
«No, when Oh My Girl’s members come. In half an hour or so».
Nayeon nods, thinking what time she should write next to YooA’s name: real or fake. In the midst of her weighing pros and contras, GFriend’s leader turns around to leave, and Nayeon calls out, «Sojung».
Sowon glances back over her shoulder, «Hmm?» 
Nayeon has no idea what to ask her, the only thing she knows is, she wants Sojung to hang around and talk to her, be carefree and attentive, funny and tender, like at those rare covert moments she spoils Nayeon with at random nights.
«Is there anyone picking you up today?» she musters to say.
«I think, Umji might come».
«Might? Aren’t your members bringing you back home?»
«Well, they are using our dorm as some kind of a love hotel nowadays», Sowon confesses in a low tone. «I’m not sure I won’t see or hear anything racy if I go there today. So, the question is, are they busy with all the hustle or not».
«But our first leave day is a big deal», insists Nayeon. «They’ll come».
«Maybe», shrugs Sowon. «Even if they don’t, it’s okay. They need this time to live a little. This year, it’s my turn to make sure they can feel like normal people, if only for two months».
«You are unbelievable, Sojung».
«I’ll take it as a compliment», winks the blonde and goes back to the camp: their lieutenant is calling for her. 

***

Mimi waltzes in with a mischievous expression, which somehow makes Nayeon’s moodiness dissipate.
«Jiho called me, she’s outside. Do you have any spare space in that closet?»
«You want to hide YooA in the closet?»
«We can’t take any chances. I am carrying her stuff in my backpack, but she still is a problem. Shia is not exactly pocket-sized», sassily retorts Mimi and winks at pleasantly surprised Nayeon.
«I’ll see what I can do», she offers, and checks the closet. Two brooms, a dust pan, three buckets. Someone’s forgotten shoe. A pile of rugs, and a sheen of fine dust on everything. Nayeon shuts the door and concludes, «She’ll be alright. Bring her here, but make sure that captain Baek doesn’t see her». 
Mimi nods enthusiastically, «Sure thing. Sowon is on it. Don’t go anywhere», she jokes and whistles softly.
Sowon appears with YooA practically under her arm and hurriedly stuffs the cherry-lipped idol into the dusty closet.
«Do not make any noise», sternly says Sowon. YooA mimes zipping close and calmly allows her friends to shut her inside the closet.
«You didn’t see me», says Mimi and rushes out.
«That god awful woman has almost caught us», utters Sowon and clenches her fists, «When the hell are we leaving?!»

***

The first one to leave the boot camp is Seunghee; she glances at Siyeon triumphantly, flaunting her ‘cared and beloved’ status, while MNet’s crew is filming her senior famous boyfriend fire finger guns and wink at the camera.
«You two are quite a pair», murmurs Siyeon, elbowing Seunghee. (Dreamcatchers main vocal is in a perfect mood: SuA has just sent her an en-route selfie.) «Same arrogant look».
Seunghee scoffs, but anyone can hear a huge deal of endearment in the sound. She pats her favourite frenemy’s shoulder and leaves under the guise of a modest girl, immensely humbled by her agency and senior’s generosity.
Seunghee sets the standard for the day; Nayeon belatedly remembers: each season, the first leave day is kind of a big deal for all participants. Agencies send not only really popular co-members to bring serving idols back home, but also — quite often, in fact — available seniors. No such grandeur for Nayeon though: she is an orphan in big JYP family; there is no female senior presently active, and the male idols prefer to stay away from the show. No wonder she forgot.
Mamamoo’s eldests whisk away their maknaes in the whirlwind of jokes, shrieks and laughter; Jisoo, another orphan, fleetingly kisses Nayeon’s cheek and leaves alone in her van; Im Nayoung is taken away by her loud youngsters; Laboum’s ZN comes to collect Haein, but ends up chatting with Seolhyun and stays to give her a lift, as well.
Kei is being fetched by Mijoo, whose arrival shakes everyone up. Lovelyz’s main dancer immediately greasily winks at Heehyun and D.Ana, bear hugs Kwon Eunbi, and (not so quietly) informs Kei that Sujeong has also come, but she’s stuck with the vans, because Jiho of Oh My Girl is also there.
Somewhere in the middle of Mijoo’s speech Siyeon offers SuA a piggyback ride and leaves the boot camp at supersonic speed, almost knocking over newly-arrived DIA's and gugudan’s eldests on her way out. 
Gugudan’s arrogant leader spends a bit of time chatting with ZN and Seolhyun, while Kim Nayoung is engulfing Hana’s whole body in an ultimate koala hug. Haebin is nowhere t

Please log in to read the full chapter