Case solved

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun has gone into hiding; snuck behind the thunder clouds. The raining season is a-coming; the heat has gone away; and everything around looks dull and ominous.
Boarding her mini-van last, and hiding on the back seat, Nayeon opens her phonebook full of names and chooses the most capable one.
«Dahyunnie, you are our best detective, can you send me the clips of Nicole Jung dancing? The recent ones». 
Pause.
«Dahyun? Can you hear me?»
There is a hushed, but heated argument between Dahyun and someone else, that keeps Nayeon waiting on the line — ignored — for a solid minute.
«Nicole Jung of Kara? She was in ‘Hit The Stage’, unnie», Dahyun finally answers. «Don't you remember her?»
«I stopped watching after they had booted Momo out».
«Sometimes I wonder why Momoring doesn’t top you anymore, Nayeonnie», Sana's voice chimes in, «since you love our peach so much».
Dahyun's stunned «Whaaaat?!» drowns in Sana's half-guilty voice: «Oops, I think I kinda blew Momoring's cover. Anyway, you are the eldest in the maknae line, get it together, Dahyun! Your unnies have , yes. We all admit it. Except Nayeon».
«Nayeon unnie doesn't admit it?»
«Nayeon unnie doesn't have it for now. But it's just the matter of time and courage! Right, Nayeonnie?»
«Easy for you to say, Sana. Your girlfriend has been nothing but loyal».
«Yes! The most loyal… despite her flirting with unnies».
«Speaking of», Nayeon grimly says. Good thing she’s alone, because she knows for a fact that teary-eyed Im Nayeon is not a pretty sight. «Dahyunnie was right. GFriend are the unnies magnet».
«Is this why you're asking us to stalk Nicole Jung for you?»
«I’m not asking you to stalk her! I just want to see her dancing, and I have no strength to search for it by myself. That would mean roaming through her SNS accounts, seeing selfies upon selfies over and over again. And I know already that she's hot».
«Dahyunnie, unnie needs our help. Go bring your iPad… I've never heard you so distressed before, Nayeon», Sana comments sympathetically.
«I just think I’ve made a fool of myself, Sana», Nayeon sighs. «Don't we all want to be cared about in our private lives? And that woman does care for Sojung! And they are hella close! Like, I-am-gonna-drape-myself-all-over-you close!»
Sana hums in thought, «I’m a little confused. Why do you want to see Nicole Jung dance?»
«…I just do», answers Nayeon, fully realising that it will just alert Sana’s bull-meter, but struggling with making up a lie.
«Na

Please log in to read the full chapter