Im Nayoung spills the tea

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

A small ruckus back in the yard pulls her out of her painful trance. Hissing in disappointment (she has managed to inflict pain, but the tears didn’t come), with her phone mute and empty, Sowon notices her frozen hands and feet, numb and once again throbbing leg muscle.
Masochistically twisting her body around the tree (her spine cracks), Sowon assesses the situation. 
Jooeun is saving Heehyun’s sleeve from catching on fire. Ki, drunk, but charming, is still persuading Eunbi to sing her a personal lullaby — pissing Exy off in the process. ’I am a sergeant, after all,’ she states, ‘I bet private Chu would like a lullaby, too, but she has no leverage to ask for one’.
A conflict is brewing, Sowon thinks, limping back to her platoon mates. She cringes at Exy’s boasting about winning the rap battle, I should make Nadong deflate this one, I am in no mood for this.
In her search for Nayoung, Sowon passes: 
     - Nayeon, entertaining YooA with her dad jokes; 
     - four main vocalists roasting marshmallows and gossiping; 
     - Jisoo flirting with Seolhyun;
     - the gugudan girls detaining Exy;
     - Jooeun, D.Ana and Haein shushing enraged Heehyun;
    - and Bona, who is circling a random tree and telling off someone on her phone, «Well? Did you want to ruin my day?.. I don’t want to argue with you, either!.. Of course, I’ll hit you up when I have the time... I don’t know when, don’t start». 
Sowon finds her friend in the furthest corner of the base’s wooden porch. The giant is admiring the moon and nursing a cup with something frothy and smelly in it. The first sergeant lands herself next to her, disturbing her friend’s serene vibe.
«See our bulls pawing up the dust?»
Stone huffs, «I couldn’t care less about that ego fest. Sojung thinks popularity means quality. I thought, with the amount of MAMAs WJSN have she would know better».
Sowon nudges Nayoung with her shoulder, «Don’t listen to her, she’s faced. You were great, people really dug your rap, so what if Sojung won? Heehyun was dying to win, but she’s not salty about losing».
Nayoung retorts, «I’m not salty».
«You sure? You kinda sound like you regret your participation after failing to win».
Bona’s irritated tone cuts through the night air, «Maybe, we need to postpone the ticket thing. I… Why? Have you received even more dating proposals?»
Nayoung gives a quick, but intense stink eye in the general direction of the voice, «I wasn’t interested in winning. Too much of a hassle, and I am not that…»
She pauses, searching for the right word.
«Cocky?» offers Sowon.
«…ambitious. I had thought about asking Eunae to battle instead, but I had to make a point».
«Which point? To prove that you’re not just a very pretty face, a very y body and a very reliable leader, but a quality rapper as well?»
«This…» 
Sowon laughs, «I love that you acknowledge your hotness».
«…but also to make a point about love, too».
«Does everyone not know what love is?»
«Well, does everyone know the differences between good love and bad love? I wanted to remind those in bad love what a good love is».
«Fair point», Sowon nods. «Was your love rap not about your love for Jieqiong, then?»
Naoyung hums again, «No, it wasn’t just about her».
«Then who?!»
«I KNOW», Bona’s frustrated voice cuts the air once again, «but you can’t expect me to be… I’m not

Please log in to read the full chapter