March 2019. DIA & Twice

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

@ DIA’s appearance on some variety show

The MCs smile in (what they think is) a fatherly manner, «What about "Female Idol Military Service"? Is any of you girls serving this year?»
Chaeyeon charmingly smiles and informs the MCs, «Jooeun and Heehyun unnies’ enlistment is due in June». 
The MCs take interest, according to the script, and ask Heehyun, «You're the eldest?'
The leader helpfully answers, «No, Eunice is, she has already served».
«She was in the first season. She is an old one», cheekily adds Eunchae.
Eunice chuckles and shushes her half-heartedly.
The MCs coo, «Oh, the first season was legendary!» — «Red Velvet’s Irene was a drill sergeant, wasn’t she?!» — «As was Apink’s Chorong!» — «So, Eunice, were you in the first season, too?» 
Eunice bows lightly and confirms the fact. 
One of the MCs asks with a serious, thoughtful expression, «Were you in the infantry, or did you go to the North mission?»
«I was in the infantry, with everyone else», Eunice politely answers, «although I watched the episodes about Seohyun sunbaenim’s diplomatic mission in the barracks».
The MCs nod furiously.
«Somyi, when is your enlistment?» asks one of them.
«In five years!»
«Yeah, you're still young», approvingly comment the MCs.
Somyi proudly exclaims, «I’m the maknae!»
«Don’t do the frog face!» shrieks Yebin, even before Somyi does anything.
The MCs laugh at DIA's maknae and get to the business, «And this year’s volunteers! Heehyun, Jooeun! Do you know who else is going to serve?»

***

Gingerly ruffling her (now once again) blonde hair, Eunice tries to forget the whole filming process. She wasn’t assuming that she should have been in the center of everyone’s attention, but, being an idol, one kind of expects people to know some things about oneself. Slightly unrealistic way of thinking, probably, but it is a well-nurtured habit.
«What got you so grumpy, Homer?» asks Heehyun from the adjacent seat. Eunice grunts, not tearing her eyes from the window. 
«What was that?» Heehyun asks again. «Really, appa, you should speak up, no wonder no one respects you here».
Eunice scoffs.
«Stop annoying our Simpson unnie», Jooeun chimes in. «If Eunice wants to talk to us, she will. For now, she is simmering down her thoughts».
Eunice sighs, «How come you are so perceptive, Jooeun».
«I’m not your friend for no reason!» exclaims Jooeun, but then Yebin chirps from inside Chaeyeon’s hug, «It’s just her precious Hyunjin is at a fanmeet, so Jooeun actually pays attention to us. Well, more like to you, unnie».
«Right, appa, you’ve made us curious», Heehyun concludes, «tell us what’s wrong. Is it the MCs?»
«Those ing

Please log in to read the full chapter