the spinster club

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayeon discovers some new things. 
First, everyone in their barracks can hear her late night conversations with Jisoo, and loves to offer their input. 
«IU sunbaenim is so dreamy», wistfully sighs Nayeon, scrolling through her instagram. «I am a proud uaena; have you seen her biting my flower?»
Jisoo winces, «Ugh, that sounded dirtier than it should have».
«All I am saying is that I am a successful fangirl!»
«Sojung can't relate», casually drops Im Nayoung from her bunk. 
From the other row, Exy shrugs, «Exactly, I cannot».
«I was talking about Sowon. IU sunbaenim has been a die-hard buddy since the ‘Glass Bead’ era, hasn’t she?»
Sowon nods, «Yes, she has. We are very humbled by her approval».
Upon hearing Nayeon's indignant huffing, Im Nayoung decides to add up the pressure, «Come on, I've seen her interacting with you on stage for the first time. She was totally spazzing out; hyperventilating, even».
Sowon, this blonde tree, smirks. Some people just love to tease, thinks Nayeon.
«I want IU sunbaenim to hyperventilate because of us!» she sighs, hiding her phone on her chest. «I’d trade our SOTY for that! Hell, I’d trade a year of dating for IU sunbaenim to stan us!»
The platoon laughs. 
«I can’t imagine having so many SOTYs to trade», states Heehyun.
«IU sunbaenim’s approval is more valuable!» heatedly exclaims Nayeon, while Jisoo mutters under her nose, «And harder to achieve». 
Haebin frowns and muses out loud, «Can you imagine trading love, though?»
«No, I get it. IU sunbaenim’s stanning is more valuable than dating», counters Siyeon from the opposite row and nods at her bunk neighbour, «especially if you’re dating someone as lame as Seunghee’s oppa».
Seunghee raises her finger, «It’s called ‘well-mannered’. Pity, you can’t understand it; not with your constant public displays of thirst over SuA». 
Siyeon sticks her tongue out, Seunghee rolls her eyes, and the main vocalists proceed to do what they enjoy doing the most — to on each other’s love life, to everyone’s entertainment. At some point, during yet another round of bickering, the girls demand that Kei, Siyeon’s neighbour on the other side, settles their dispute. However, Kei politely extracts herself from the conversation, and that peaks other privates’ interest.
«Okay, but you’ve dated both genders, that’s why we’re asking you!» the main vocals yell, making Kim Nayoung groan and bury her head under a pillow, and Seolhyun — drop her book.
«Who’s better? Women, right?»
«Men!»
Seeing that Kei doesn't answer, Seunghee inquires, «Whom are you dating right now?»
«How is that relevant?» immediately challenges her Siyeon.
«An ex is an ex for a reason! Who’s waiting for you back home?»
«No one», innocently answers Kei.
«No, really!» insists Seunghee.
«Really», shrugs Lovelyz’ aegyo machine. 
«Are you ting us?!»
«Give up, Kei will never be able to decide: she and Mijoo are the biggest Casanovas in Seoul», spills Eunbi, causing Kim Nayoung to resurface and whistle, and Seolhyun — to shake her head. «Their Christian name should have been ‘no strings attached’». 
«I just value both genders. Equally», pleasantly purrs busted Kei.
«You’re a dangerous woman, Kei», Seunghee says with a great amou

Please log in to read the full chapter