June 1st. Im Nayeon, Kim Sojung & Im Nayoung

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everyone was attending. The venue was absolutely packed with girl groups. This was big; the second most popular batch of volunteers after the ’91 liners. 
Volunteers, my , Nayeon thinks. This is a duty; there is an unspoken rule to go and serve two months in order to maintain the fame and sell albums. Sure, it’s a part of the bargain with the government: female idols serve to promote gender equal pay. A lousy trick, if you ask Nayeon; she doesn’t doubt even for a second there will be another scam to prevent equal payment down the line, because, frankly, society is infuriating, and those in power . 
The Female Idol Military Service is just another job, and she’s sent to do it. Yes, it will take quite a long time, but she’ll manage. The company will be pleasant enough; for one, Jisoo will serve alongside her, finally out of her golden YG cage; Oh My Girl’s coolest members, too. And, of course, Sojung will be there. 
Look, look! There she goes. Suited and booted in all black, she’s running her hand through her hair, and the golden locks fall upon the double-ed blazer. Nayeon sighs. Sojung always dresses like that — a knight in shiny gentleman-style clothes, born to flutter hearts. Surrounded by her members — as a good, beloved leader she is, — Sojung is lazily strutting forward, politely ducking her head for every female idol she knows. And Sojung knows a lot of people — y, radiant, joyful, confident people — especially her peers. GFriend’s leader won’t be alone during the FIMS: there will be someone to keep her company.
And there is the companion. Im freaking Nayoung, her own almost namesake, Sowon’s almost twin. Hot and mysterious, with the legs that run for miles, famous nickname and the reputation of a responsible adult. Pretty intimidating, if you ask Nayeon; even her ever-confident gut tells her not to challenge Stone Buddha. Why, oh why, of all people, it’s Im Nayoung, whom Sojung decided to be so close with? 
To Nayeon, Im gives out mixed signals and, therefore, can’t be trusted. Doing her leader work, she is commanding and phlegmatic at the same time. But it’s baffling how lively Pristin’s leader becomes whenever she’s with Sojung; her somber aura flies out of the window. Look at her, making Sojung laugh hysterically with her weird pseudo-aegyo, just to sneak her arms around Sojung’s waist in the next second.
God, they even had a date! A proper date with a dinner for two and subsequent bragging on SNS. Nayeon herself is JYP’s social butterfly and the nation’s best friend, Nayoung is a recluse from the Pledis dungeons, but Stone Buddha still beat her to an official, date-like dinner with Sojung! How on E

Please log in to read the full chapter