April 2019. Oh My Girl & WJSN

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

@ Oh My Girl's dorms

«Will we have to endure this torture as well?» asks YooA, sceptically eyeing the MCs throwing different names at Nayeon. Oh My Girl’s unnies are watching TV; at the moment, Twice’s eldest is confronted with the mentions of her future FIMS comrades; Jisoo and Sowon, first of all. The MCs also mention the legendary Seolhyun, the veteran of fun Namjoo, y and beagle-like maknaes of Mamamoo WheeIn and Hwasa, and the leader of hugely successful Iz*One, Kwon Eunbi. 
«Oh, yes, I know Eunbi», happily reassures the MCs Nayeon. 
«We weren’t mentioned», points out Seunghee.
«Neither were Lovelyz. Nor WJSN, DIA, Dreamcatcher and CLC», grumbles Mimi.
Hyojung remarks, «They didn’t mention EXID, either. And they are having a comeback soon, too. It hardly means anything».
On TV, Jeongyeon jabs the elder in the ribs, «I am sure Nayeon is thrilled to serve with so many friends of hers!»
Nayeon nods, «I am. The ’95 liners are the best ever. And the prettiest, as well».
Twice boos her.
«I mean, I alone would have sufficed…» adds Nayeon, making her co-members boo even louder, and the MCs laugh.
Nayeon giggles, happy to hit the nail on its head, «But what’s more important, it’s the fact that many respectable girl groups are to participate. You named AOA and Apink sunbaenim, Mamamoo, GFriend and Blackpink, but there are also EXID, Oh My Girl…»
The girls in front of the TV cheer.
«…Lovelyz, WJSN, CLC, Dreamcatcher, Pristin, Sonamoo, and Laboum! The fifth season will be the best! I predict a riot!»
The segment ends with the MCs amused laughter and Nayeon’s determined face, framed with her last phrase in big, bold letters.
«Nayeon unnie is a whole meme», Arin casually mentions, walking out of the kitchen.
«We’ve spoilt our child rotten», concludes Seunghee.

***

@ WJSN's 1st dorm

«Wear something, god damn it», Seola berates Exy. The eldest is having a midnight cup of tea, and she does not need to get yet another look at their exhibitionistic leader.
«You’re the only one who hates it». 
«The maknaes hate it».
«I’m going to serve in a month. Let me have this while I can».
«Pfft, whatever. Wanna tea?»
«I’ll have a yogurt», Exy says, fishing a cup out of the fridge.
«This one is Luda’s. She’ll skin you alive tomorrow».
«No, she won’t. Who knows when I…»
«You can’t always play the ’I’m going to the army’ card every time you want something».
«You did, though. We were serving you hand and foot for three months before and after your service last year».
«Yeah, well», Seola shrugs dismissively.

Please log in to read the full chapter