@ Oh My Girl's

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

«The day is completely wasted», comments Hyojung. Their ride from their agency’s building back home was silent: both were stressed and moody. Only after entering the elevator — just the two of them — Hyojung decided to speak up.
«I don’t want to go back», YooA tells Hyojung, watching the numbers change on the screen. «I will not be safe there, and they don’t care».
The conversation with the management went awry very quickly; YooA tried to convey her discomfort to the supervisors, but it fell on deaf ears. We always knew you were special, they said. Even women can’t resist your charms. You’ve got bright solo future ahead of you, mind our words. Even the copy of the molka footage didn’t help. That will inflict harm to the group and the company, the management said. It is not our responsibility to investigate this. MNet must do it themselves or turn this to the police.
«Let’s hope Seolhyun would reason with MNet. Because if not… there is no option other than leaking that footage», sighs YooA, and her eyes start to water.
The elevator dings. 
On her way out, Hyojung rubs her forehead, «Were it to happen, the group would surely take a hit. Or receive an influx of new sasaengs. But it might stop that ert». 
«I don’t want to be preyed upon», grimaces YooA. «By any sort of creeps».
Hyojung hugs her, thinking It’s a lose-lose situation.
They are standing there, in front of their door, until the mic on the home security camera turns on, and a barely familiar voice calls out, «Hyojung?»
Catching YooA’s questioning gaze, the candy leader explains, «It’s Jiyeon. I asked her to come and tell us about Starship’s reaction. You know, it’s a delicate matter, we should discuss it in private».
«You do you, unnie», nods YooA, and her usual mischievous twinkle returns into her eye.
«I just didn’t think she’d be here before us», coughs Hyojung, opening the door and awkwardly waving at Bona.

***

«Seunghee?» Hyojung calls first thing upon entering the dorms, «Come out, come out, wherever you are!»
«I’ve come out years ago!» yells Seunghee, jumping from behind the door. «Erm, I mean…»
Hyojung dismissively waves at her bestie, «Bona knows», and WJSN’s drama queen nods confidently.
So, they are speaking again, YooA thinks. They must have returned to flirting when Bona brought the SD card. And there I thought she was shaken by that Chinese song.
The dancer turns to Seunghee. Since Hyojung is keen on entertaining Bona, she has to know who is here for her. «Where is Mimi?»
«She’s doing a mukbang vlive, annihilating all our snacks».
«With the maknaes?»
«Yep».
«And Jiho?»
«Out».
«What about we have a cup of tea?» Hyojung asks brightly.
«I’ll have a cup of tea», answers Bona with a matching enthusiasm. 
YooA feels sick. «I’ll have one later», she mumbles and slouches away. She’s heard by Seunghee only, for Bona has captured Hyojung’s attention completely.
Feeling completely lost and abandoned — she’s never felt it so intensely before coming back home, — YooA hides in the maknaes’ room. For the first time, her popularity, her success at making others fall in love with her is ruining her life. Everything she’s been taught to adopt and develop is making her feel preyed upon; and instead of bathing in awe, she’s drowning in fear.
Did she do something wrong?
What i

Please log in to read the full chapter