gugudan's interview

The Fifth Season
Please log in to read the full chapter

@ some secluded corner

«Oh, how I wish our company would had moved my enlistment, so we could have served together».
«You’re a ’91 liner! The first season was legendary!»
«Oh, please, no one noticed me. Back then, everyone was talking about Seohyun sunbaenim’s diplomatic work and the drill sergeants Chorong and Irene».
«I noticed you».
«Did you? We were so nugu».
«Of course I did! You wore your hair short and bleach blonde. So dreamy! I still remember the broadcasts of your morning runs; I watched them religiously. Thank god for our hot and humid summers».
Eunice laughs, «Silly».
Haebin taunts her more, «Now it will be your turn to watch me sweat. I’ll make sure to wear tank tops».
«Don’t tease me», Eunice warns her; her hands tighten around Haebin’s waist. 
The younger girl purrs, «But don’t you want me to?.. Oh, hello, Heehyun-ssi. I’ve been learning EXID sunbaenims’ latest dance, how do you like it?»
«Very nice, Haebin-ssi. Heo Sooyeon, stop being a dirty old sunbae! Enough of groping young girls backstage!»
«Really, Cat, that’s how you regard your leader now?»
«I am second-guessing that decision already».
«Why are you even here?»
«Haebin-ssi, your group is being interviewed in 5».
Haebin pecks Eunice on the lips, thanks Heehyun and leaves.

***

Seeing Chungha flirting with Bona, coy and carefree, Sejeong felt conflicting emotions. On one hand, she was stubborn and more than anything wanted to spit on their shared past, but on the other hand, they've broken up not out of spite, but because of inconvenience. So, what emotions was she feeling, other than sickening rage? Jealousy — and longing. 
«If you keep staring at me like that, I may spontaneously combust», says Chungha, appearing next to Sejeong. Luscious lips, y eyes — nothing has changed. Sejeong's heart is beating like crazy.
«Why are you staring at me like this, anyway?» Chungha asks carefully, as if she's not sure if she wants to know the answer.
«You don't want to talk to me?» she asks once again, because Sejeong is as unresponsive as a corpse.
«I do», Sejeong croacks. «It's just oxygen deficiency».
«Are you alright?» Chungha furrows her brows and quickly checks her temperature and pulse.
«I am not», Sejeong confirms, pinning Chungha down with her gaze. «How can you be alright?»
Chungha's hand stays on her wrist. Sejeong's eyes are full of pain, her ex thinks the girl might pass out. That's the thing with physically strong people, Chungha thinks, they are used to overcome difficulties with ease, and carrying burdens for long distances. They have no idea that it is impossible to put down the burden of emotional pain, when you're finally tired; it will only break your spine.
Chungha sighs.
«You don't love me anymore?» asks Sejeong. It is now or never, miracles don't happen twice.
«It is unnatural to hurt so much», Chungha answers. «For me and you. I thought you were with Kim Nayoung».

Please log in to read the full chapter