Chapter 20: Still Calm

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning Dara!” says Hae Sook. She was preparing Jiyong and Dara’s breakfast.

 

“Good morning!” She noticed the packs of bread and pastries on the table. These were her favorites. “Did Jiyong let you buy these?” She asked.

 

“Oh! That was delivered here a while ago. The bakeshop says it was from Mr. Donghae Lee.” Answered Hae Sook.

 

“Hm, Donghae again?” Jiyong just came in the kitchen. He went near Dara and kissed her cheek. “I think I need to keep up with that guy. He knows you too much.”

 

“Jiyong...” She looked at him with widened eyes.

 

He smiled and made a peace sign. “Sorry baby! Come on let’s taste these things. They look good!”

 

She shook her head and rolled her eyes. They both sat down at the dining table and started eating.

 

Their morning was spent shopping for souvenirs from Jeju Island for their friends. They went home after lunch and took a rest the whole afternoon at the villa.

 

When Dara was packing stuff to bring home, she felt uneasy. She wanted to call anyone in Seoul but she remembered that her phone was left in her car together with other stuff.

 

“Ji, when we arrive in Seoul, can we go directly to KHG?”

 

His brows furrowed. “Why would you want to go to our office baby? It will already be too late when we arrive in Seoul.”

 

“I need to get back my car immediately. My stuff especially my phone is there.”

 

“As you wish baby. When we arrive, we’ll go get your car immediately.”

 

“Can I borrow your phone for a while?” Dara looked worried.

 

Jiyong felt the worry from her voice. “Is something bothering you baby? If this is about us together coming here, I know Chaerin had already informed your brother about it.”

 

“I have to call Minho. It’s about work in LGC.”

 

He handed her his phone. Dara excused herself for a while and looked for a place outside the villa and made the call. After around three rings, the person on the other line answered.

 

“What’s up Kwon!”

 

“Minho, this is Dara.”

 

“When are you coming back?”

 

“We’ll come home tonight. Upon arriving, we’ll just get my car at KHG and go back immediately to my unit.”

 

“Dara, dad already knows you are with Jiyong. Is he your boyfriend already?”

 

“Yes, he is.... Is dad angry?”

 

“You know him. You are the only girl in the family. Of course we would be protective of you. Why did you go without saying anyway?”

 

“Long story.... Minho, I have a bad feeling I can’t shake off. Is everything all right there?”

 

“LGC’s all right if that’s what you mean. Your projects? Nothing’s wrong. You know how it works. We’ve got a great team so don’t worry about it. Nobody will ever dare try to go against you in the company.”

 

“Tsk, but I still have this feeling I can’t explain.”

 

“It’s not LGC. It’s KHG.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“When you come home, I’ll tell you.”

 

“I’ll go to your unit immediately upon arriving.”

 

“What? Won’t you be tired from travel when you arrive?”

 

“I don’t care. I want to know what’s wrong.”

 

“Alright. I’ll wait for you in your unit instead.... Don’t tell anything to Jiyong.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just not yet Dara. Trust me.”

 

“Alright, I’ll see you tonight.” She hung up the phone and went back to the villa.

 

...

 

True to her words, Dara never told Jiyong anything. She was confused about what the issue with KHG was. The Incheon Project wasn’t done yet. Construction is still going on. As far as she knows, KHG doesn’t have a problem. They pay on time, materials arrive on time and there were no problem with Dara and her team when it comes to professional fees... Or was there a problem internally? That she doesn’t know. She isn’t part of KHG so she doesn’t have any access to it’s financial status but Jiyong is though. He is KHG’s VP for Operations, KHG’s heir and... her boyfriend.

 

Once she gets back home in Seoul, she has to find out.

 

While they were on their plane back to Seoul, she was staring at him while he was busy with what he was doing on his laptop. The whole three days of their vacation, she never saw Jiyong showing any signs of problem. Why though?

 

Minho was serious when they were talking on the phone. He wouldn’t prank her with anything like that. Minho himself is a businessman and he takes business seriously. He would prank you and joke on you on other things but when it comes to business, it’s a different story.

 

When they arrived in Seoul, Jiyong and Dara went immediately to KHG to fetch her car. She couldn’t wait to get to her phone. She was expecting lots of missed calls and messages and she was right. Upon plugging her phone to the charger in her car, there were hundreds of messages and missed calls. She scanned her messages and carefully checked the ones that came from her father first. She knew she had some explaining to do. She has to ask Minho what he said to their father first before talking to him.

 

Dara drove her car back to her apartment unit while Jiyong was tailing her in his own car. After he made sure that Dara had arrived at her unit safely, he also had to go home and take a rest.

 

Minho was watching a soccer game at Dara’s living room when she arrived. She took a shower and changed to her sleeping clothes before they started to talk about KHG.

 

“So what’s with KHG?” She asked while plopping on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. She handed another cup to Minho.

 

“You remember Kim Jaejoong?” Minho said after sipping a little from the cup.

 

“Yeah, why?” She reached for the remote and changed to a music channel. Then placed it back to the center table.

 

Minho’s brows furrowed. “Jaejoong has the same level of position with Jiyong.” He took the remote from the table and changed back to the channel of the soccer game.

 

“What does that have to do with Jiyong?” She again took the remote and changed the channel back to the music videos.

 

Minho’s face contorted. He snatched the remote from Dara like they were fighting for candy. “CAN YOU QUIT CHANGING THE CHANNEL? I’M WATCHING THE SOCCER GAME!”

 

Dara laughed out loud. “I miss you! Don’t you miss me?”

 

“Nope! Why would I miss you. You’re annoying like Seungri!” He looked at the ceiling. “Lord, why do I have annoying siblings?”

 

Dara was still laughing. “I miss Seungri.”

 

“Yeah, you always miss each other cause you are the same.” He rolled his eyes. “He keeps on pestering me cause he can’t call you. He wanted to ask the head security to search for you or he will go home and find you himself. Arghhh!” He facepalmed and sat like he lost.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter