Chapter 18: Officially

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up early the next morning with a smile on her face. She decided to cook breakfast for the both of them. When she passed by Jiyong’s room, she tried to lean on the door to check if he was already awake. It was so quiet so maybe he is still asleep.

 

The kitchen was so big and the appliances were all new. She opened the fridge and chose which to cook. As she was bringing out food, the middle-aged woman from last night came inside from the backdoor. Then a middle-aged man followed next carrying bags with fruits, vegetables and other food.

 

When they saw Dara, both of them bowed and greeted her. “Good morning ma’am!”

 

She in turn greeted them. “Good morning! I never got to know you last night. My name is Dara.”

 

The couple smiled. “Yes ma’am. We know who you are.” Said the woman. “My name is Hae Sook and this is my husband Kang Ho. We are the caretakers.”

 

“Nice to meet both of you. I just would like to cook breakfast for all of us.”

 

Kang Ho placed the baskets on the kitchen counter and excused himself to go outside.

 

“Oh, both of us are already done Miss Dara. But I can cook for you and Jiyong.”

 

“Uhm, why do you call me Miss Dara but you call Jiyong just Jiyong?”

 

“Ah, I took care of Jiyong when he was still very young. He wants me to call him in just his name.”

 

“Then please call me Dara only too.” She smiled.

 

“That would be nice Miss Dara.”

 

“Dara only.” She chuckled.

 

“Okay Dara. What would you like to have for breakfast?”

 

“I want to cook for me and Jiyong. Though I know how to cook, I don’t know what he wants for breakfast.”

 

Hae Sook was so glad that Dara wanted to cook for Jiyong. She never expected Jiyong to bring Dara back. She knew very well who Dara is since she was still staying at the Kwon Mansion when the two were kidnapped. She also saw how Jiyong suffered when Dara lost her memories and left for America. She was just glad that Jiyong managed to bring her to Jeju so she could know her better.

 

“Jiyong isn’t a very picky eater my dear. He loves delicious food but he doesn’t mind what you will cook for him. For breakfast, as long as there is coffee, he is good. He will eat whatever you will prepare.”

 

And so Dara cooked fried eggs and bacon, prepared waffles with butter and maple syrup. Not to forget, she also brewed coffee for Jiyong and her ultimate favorite, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. While she was cooking, Hae Sook was telling stories about Jiyong. Dara was enjoying the middle-aged woman’s stories and almost finished preparing when someone hugged her from behind and kissed her shoulders.

 

“Good morning baby! Everything smells good, including you.”

 

“Breakfast is almost done. Go sit at the table so we can eat.”

 

Jiyong followed her like a child. He sat at the chair in the dining area while Dara placed the food on their plates and served it at the table. He took Dara’s hand and kissed it. “You prepared all of these? But I didn’t ask you to cook. Hae Sook can cook for us.”

 

Hae Sook was smiling from ear to ear. The two are acting like newly wed couple. She excused herself and went outside to help his husband clean.

 

“But I want to cook for us. These are just simple anyway so it’s okay.”

 

“Thank you baby.”

 

...

 

After breakfast, Jiyong toured Dara around the island. They first went to Hallasan where they took a hike at the mountain. Then they went to the Teddy Bear Museum and checked out the cute exhibits at the area. They have also been to Loveland and she saw how naughty the sculptures were.

 

They choose to have lunch at the Jejuhallasung since it has scenic views.

 

Jiyong remembered before that Dara wanted to take pictures wherever they go using a polaroid camera so he also surprised her with a new one. She used it to take their couple pictures with the scenic views and the places they have been.

 

In the afternoon, they went to Jeju Venice Land. It was a replica of the stunning Venice of Italy. They took the gondola rides and it was as romantic as the one in Venice.

 

Before going back to the beach villa. They took a stop first at the Jeju Jungang Underground Shopping Center to buy some of their needs especially those ones that were not at home.

 

Jiyong held Dara’s hand all day wherever they went so people who saw them think that they were newlyweds having their honeymoon at the island. They looked good together and they thought that they were a match made in heaven.

 

There were some who recognized them so they took stolen shots while the two were oblivious of it.

 

Then they had dinner at a restaurant near the villa first before they went back.

 

...

 

The pool at the villa was well lit and looked so inviting. The temperature that night was still warm so Dara decided to take a swim and soak up to relax after a hot day. She wore a y black two-piece string swimsuit that enhanced her creamy white skin. The middle-aged couple wasn’t in the villa anyway and it was a private beach in front of the property so nobody would see and take pictures of her.

 

Jiyong finished taking a shower when he heard some splashing of water at the pool. He took a peek from his bedroom and saw Dara taking a dip. He watched her taking her time to swim and relax in the water before he decided to join her.

 

Dara saw Jiyong coming to the pool so she stopped swimming. He was wearing a plain white shirt and boardshorts.

 

“Can I join you?” Jiyong said.

 

“Yup. It’s not my pool. You can come anytime you want.”

 

He took off his shirt and joined her in the water. He swam two rounds before he went beside her. “I thought you were resting in your room a while ago.” He said.

 

“The pool was calling me and I couldn’t help it.” She smiled. “Ahm, Jiyong?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Thank you for bringing me here. I don’t really recall when was the last time I had my vacation after coming back to Korea.”

 

“I kidnapped you, remember?” He chuckled. “I haven’t had a vacation in a long time too. I guess, we both needed this.”

 

“Yeah, I think so too.”

 

“If your dad asks you where you were these three days, what will you tell him?”

 

“Uhm, I never thought of that one yet. If he calls my phone, I would have to explain to him why I was gone without telling him or anyone at that.”

 

“If he asks you, give me a call. I will talk to your father.” He touched her cheek. “I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter