Chapter 15: Realization

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eherm!”

 

Dara woke up early in the morning with a warm feeling surrounding her. She snuggled more to that very comfy warm feeling and a musky scent. Then she felt this warmth hugging her tighter.

 

“Eherm!!”

 

‘Wait!!!! Hugging me???? Musky scent???’ She thought to herself. She opened her eyes immediately and saw someone really hugging her. She could only see the chest of a person.

 

“EHERMMM!!!!”

 

She sat up immediately and pushed that someone hugging her.

 

“Awww!” Jiyong fell from the couch with his hitting the hard floor.

 

“Jiyong, why are you still here?” Dara said in a surprised tone.

 

“Yeah? Why are you two here?” Minho said with his hands on his hips. “And why are you two sleeping on my couch?”

 

Dara looked at Minho. “You were drunk last night.”

 

“Yeah? So why are both of you sleeping here? Cuddling too?” Then Minho pointed at Jiyong. “What did you do to my sister here last night? On my couch?”

 

“Nothing happened. We just slept.” Jiyong stood up while massaging his cheeks.

 

“Why were we sleeping here?” Dara asked Jiyong.

 

“We were talking last night but you slept on me. I couldn’t do anything so I slept too.” Jiyong answered.

 

Minho went near Dara and examined her face. Then he looked at Jiyong. “Uh huh, you slept huh? Dara looks okay but you look terrible Jiyong!”

 

Dara looked at Jiyong too. “Why do you have dark circles and eyebags? I thought you slept. Now you look like my baby panda... like Seungri!”

 

Jiyong sat down on the couch and covered his face with his hands.

 

Minho started laughing. “He didn’t sleep.”

 

“Huh?” Dara looked confused. “Why? Is it because of the couch?”

 

“Yeah! Something got hard on the couch that it became uncomfortable. He couldn’t do anything to it so he hadn’t slept.” Minho was still laughing. “Bet he prayed for it too calm down too!”

 

Jiyong’s ears became red. He was still covering his face.

 

Dara checked on the couch. “But there is nothing hard in it! Why did you pray the whole night?” She asked Jiyong.

 

Minho laughed louder while hitting the couch. “You’re making it difficult for him.”

 

“What did I do?” She went near Jiyong and touched his shoulder. “I don’t know what I did but I’m sorry... again.”

 

Jiyong smiled and took her hand. “Don’t worry, I’m okay. I can take it.”

 

“I never thought this was going to be a very funny morning with both of you.” Minho interjected. “Now Dara, go to your unit and change while I call in for delivery so we can eat breakfast. I’m starving!”

 

“Can you tell me what that hard thing is that hurt you?” Dara asked Jiyong again. “I’m still confused.”

 

Minho laughed again. “He will tell you next time Dara. Now go!”

 

Dara sighed, “Okay!”

 

When Dara left, Minho went back to his straight face. “Now you have an idea of how she is when it comes to those things Jiyong. She’s the complete opposite of you.”

 

Jiyong nodded. “I understand.”

 

...

 

Jiyong was true to his words. He did his best to woo Dara again. He always sends flowers wherever she was, either at Incheon or at Seoul. He makes time for her during the weekends and make sure to be the one to bring her home from Incheon to Seoul whenever his schedule permits. He worked double time at the company to show Dara’s family that he deserves her again.

 

Seunghyun on the other hand had been doing the same. He also sends her flowers, visits her in her office, sends food at her office and asks her out for dinner whenever possible.

 

One time, Chairman Lee passed by Dara’s office to check on her daughter. He saw two bouquets of flowers placed on the coffee table of Dara’s office.

 

“How’s my daughter?” He asked Dara who was busy and slumped on her drafting table.

 

She looked up at her father and smiled. “I’m always fine dad.”

 

“I see that! I’m happy that you are liking your stay back here in Seoul. You, Minho and Seungri will be handling this company soon. I’m already old and ready to retire.”

 

Dara went to his father and hugged him. “I don’t care if you’re old dad. I will still love you forever.”

 

Chairman Lee hugged her back. “I’m so lucky I have a daughter like you... Hmmm, by the way, where did those flowers come from?” He pointed at the bouquets. “Looks like someone wants to get my daughter away from me already!”

 

“Nobody’s going to take me away form you dad. I’ll still be your daughter forever!” She took the bouquets and showed it to his father. “These red roses are from Seunghyun and these daisies and purple roses are from Jiyong.”

 

Chairman Lee nodded. “Jiyong Kwon and Seunghyun.” He scrunched his brows. “Seunghyun... Is he the same Seunghyun... Seunghyun Choi of Starfield Malls?”

 

Dara smiled. “Yes dad. Seunghyun Choi of Starfield Malls. Do you remember those times that my office rooms was full of flowers? It’s his fault.”

 

“Is that so?” Chairman Lee was looking glad. “Seunghyun’s father is my friend Dara.”

 

“Really? How is that?”

 

“We’ve been buddies since our university days. I never thought you and his son are going to be this close.” He was thinking of something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter