The runway

Draw me in

Flash. Flash. Flash.

Snap. Snap. Snap.

Click. Click. Click.

Murmurs. Cheers.


Taeyeon who witnessed the whole scene in front of her eyes can only blink her eyes with nothing in mind.

"Damn."

"Yeah. Damn indeed."

Taeyeon looked on her right and found a grinning Hyoyeon with a camera hanging around her neck.

"Hyo?"

"Hi Taeng! I'm here as one of the photographers that was invited officially for the most anticipated event of the year!"

'Of course'.

Taeyeon forgot that Hyoyeon is a very skillful photographer like her, and Hyoyeon always attend this kind of event.

"What are you doing here? Are you one of the guest of honor? Considering Aunt Kim doing a collaboration for the event too."

Taeyeon sighed as she recalled how her mother just begged her with those puppy eyes and pouting lips, even gave teary eyes just to make Taeyeon say yes to her suggestion to sing for the event.

"I'll sing." Taeyeon answered.

Hyoyeon's jaw dropped as she heard Taeyeon's answer.

"Dude! No kidding. Why are you always the lucky one???"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you! You will sing on stage for the whole runway."

"Ah. Yeah. And?"

"Taeng!! My gosh. Everyone is dying to be in your position, you'll get to be super close with all the Jung's top models. This is Jessica Jung's mother's event, her company's fashion show for her luxury and classy clothing and accessories."

"Wait. Does that mean the Jessica Jung will be here??" Taeyeon asked in shocked.

"Well. She is undeniably the original Jung model and only did a runway once for her mother but who knows she'll do it again this year. But all I know is! Krystal Jung, the only sibling of Jessica Jung will be here as always and Tiffany Hwang! Jessica's best friend. That's why it's chaos here. Krystal and Tiffany were ranked second after Jessica you know."

Taeyeon is still processing all the information she has received from Hyoyeon as she cursed in her mind why did she not bother to do a research before agreeing to her mother.

"I'm doomed." Taeyeon sighed.

"Now now, come on. No one says Jessica will be here. Rumours said she won't attend this year, again." Hyoyeon said.

"Whatever. It's too late to back out now." Taeyeon shrugged.

"True! Hahahaha. Now what are you waiting for? Let's get in and you need to be ready too right?"

Hyoyeon waited no more as she dragged Taeyeon with her, coming inside through the corner entrance, away from all other reporters and crazy crowds waiting at the arrival red carpet entrance for all the important guests. She showed her pass to the security there and Taeyeon just showed her ID before they're allowed to get in.

"Kim Taeyeon? This way please." A lady in a beautiful dress approached them immediately and assisted Taeyeon.

"See you, Taeng. I gotta work." Hyoyeon winked and part ways with Taeyeon.

"This is your room. You can choose whichever attire you would want to wear to perform. Mrs. Kim has prepared everything. Let us know if you need anything else, I'll be outside. We'll call you when it's time." The lady bowed and left Taeyeon alone in the room for her privacy, as requested by Mrs. Kim, Taeyeon's mother.

Taeyeon chuckled seeing all the clothes, as expected from her mother who really know her style. She thanked her mother mentally for not giving her any stylist or anyone to doll her up as she doesn't like it. She likes doing it her way.

"I'll just keep it simple as always." Taeyeon told herself.

She grabbed the pieces of clothes she like and started to change.

Taeyeon wore a low cut black crop top that shows off her midriff, a golden flower embroidered black pants match with a black heeled and ankle boots.

She hummed as she scanned the outfits in front of her and took the elegant lace transparent black cardigan that weren't any lower than her hips with no zipper or buttons which she put it on immediately and smiled in satisfaction.

Then she looked at her face on the mirror, she untied her ponytail and just let her pretty blonde wavy hair to fall on her shoulders. She took a gorgeous black choker and put it on before she decided that she's done with her appearance.

"As simple as how I want it." Taeyeon smiled to herself.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

Where as, just behind the stage, all the models are getting ready for the show. Many stylists and make up artists stand by around just to make sure all the models are good to go anytime.

Krystal and Tiffany amongst the models there also preparing themselves for their runway.

"Unnie, do you know who will sing during our runway this time?" Krystal asked Tiffany who's closing her eyes as she used the portable mini battery fan to cool herself down.

"Not sure, Krys." Tiffany replied.

Krystal just nodded and looked around and exchanged smile with other models who glanced at her. She peeked outside, the stage is as huge as always and a long path to the front for the models to do the runaway.

"How are my ladies doing here?"

Krystal turned her head and smiled widely seeing her mother.

"Mom!" Krystal hugged her mother who already opened her arms for her.

"Oh my baby Jung. Nervous?" Mrs. Jung asked as she fixed Krystal's hair gently.

"No. I'm excited. Is she here?" Krystal asked but before Mrs. Jung could answer her, Tiffany came and greeted her happily.

"Oh, my dear. Come here." Mrs. Jung also hugged Tiffany while the other models just smiled seeing their interaction.

"Now now, my gorgeous ladies, this event is important to me as always but this year it is more special as I have invited lots of special guests this year. And My eldest daughter, Jessica Jung will be the one that will end the runway coming out at the very last." Mrs. Jung and just like that, everyone gasped and couldn't hold their excitement especially the models, they felt lucky to be able to share the stage with Jessica Jung.

"So she is here?" Krystal asked.

"Yes. She is preparing at our condominium. I sent our trusted team to assist her. She'll be here in a few." Mrs. Jung replied.

"It's gonna be amazing, Aunt!" Tiffany clapped happily.

Mrs. Jung chuckled and nodded. With Krystal, Tiffany and her top models, she know the fashion show will succeed. Now with the addition of her eldest daughter, the show will achieve beyond what anyone could've imagined. Everyone knows and aware of how much impact Jessica make even just by appearing in any events.

"I'll be outside now, I want to witness this runway with my own eyes. As always, enjoy the show and make the stage yours. You all will do great, I'm sure of it. Love you girls." Mrs. Jung blow a kiss to all the models and pecked Krystal's and Tiffany's cheek before she left to join the audiences as the emcee already announced the show will start soon.

"Are we starting soon? But where is the singer?? And my unnie isn't here yet." Krystal frowned.

"Looking for me?"

Both Krystal and Tiffany sighed in relief as they saw Jessica walking towards them. They noticed how now all eyes on her and they smiled proudly looking at Jessica.

"Oh wow. You got the best outfit huh." Tiffany smirked seeing Jessica sparkled. She is wearing a very elegant, dazzling, long and huge strapless princess gown with a mirror mosaic corset that shone brightly, matches well with a pair of silver diamond earrings and bracelet. Her long y brown hair that falls perfectly on her left shouder. 

"Mm." Jessica still keep her straight face and didn't bother to look at anyone but she tried to peek at the stage.

"So Jessie, what makes you doing the runway?" Tiffany asked. Just then, the lights off and it's dark now. 

They only managed to hear the emcee announced "Introducing you, our singer this year who will do a cover of T. Y's song, I Got Love. We would like to present you, Kim Taeyeon!"

"The reason why I'm doing this." Jessica whispered as the dimmed lights slowly brighten and there's a stunning figure standing in the middle of the stage with the mic stand in front of her.

Now all attention to the mysterious singer named Kim Taeyeon.

"Alright, Jennie Kim. Get ready!" The crew in charge of keeping the models in position yelled excitedly. And so, Jennie started with coming out first for the runway after few seconds Taeyeon has started singing.

The second Taeyeon let out of her amazing vocal, everyone including Jessica was amazed with how good her singing was.

Taeyeon got the ability to command the attention of the audience. She was literally a different person now on stage, she emitted a different aura. The audiences struggle to either keep their eyes on the models or Taeyeon instead. 

Taeyeon was singing her heart out, she left the mic stand and grabbed the mic as she walked through the runway stage and going forward. Not once that she ever got distracted with all the models walking beside her. 

Jessica's eyes set on her as she felt her heart trashing inside. She didn't even realise when did all the models already had their turn. Now it's hers.

"Ms. Jung." Her assistant, Kelly, signaled her that it's time to go to the stage. 

Taeyeon's unaware of Jessica's appearance, focusing on her singing. She stopped in the middle of the long path but never block the middle way for the last model to do the walk. She stood still near the edge and keep singing. 

But Taeyeon suddenly feeling a cold air as she can smell a familiar smell that now has definitely distracting her. She tried to glance behind and almost losing her mind as her eyes locked with Jessica who's approaching. 

Taeyeon literally stopped giving her attention to the audience and never dare to look away from Jessica who walked like a queen, looking oh so mind blowing, the most outstanding out of all. 

'She's so... Breathtaking' Taeyeon thought when Jessica walked past her. 


So that everything collapses and melts
You make me absurdly crazy
Come and
You don’t stop that fire
Cause I got love, I got love, I got love


Taeyeon know she should move her position but she couldn't move away and keep her eyes steady at Jessica's figure and watched Jessica posed for the cameramen and the audiences that went chaos due to her sudden unexpected appearance.

As Jessica done doing her posing part, she turned around gracefully and staring sharply at Taeyeon who froze on spot but still managed to sing. 

Jessica walked towards Taeyeon with the same speed, but Taeyeon could honestly see Jessica coming her way in a slow motion and her heart pounded so hard. 

Jessica surprisingly stopped as she's on Taeyeon's left, turning her body to face her sideway. She brushed her point and middle fingers on Taeyeon's skin, trailing softly and painfully slowly from her wrist up to her upper arm. 

While doing all that, Jessica staring deeply into Taeyeon's eyes and Taeyeon, nervously stared back at her as she sing while looking into Jessica's eyes. 


Tell me, want you baby, want you baby
It’s like a universe inside of you
Need you closer, if I fall in
I flutter in the restless sighs too
As if drunk, I’m lost in a dream, in you
Can you believe me


Jessica smirked in satisfaction and squeezed Taeyeon's shoulder gently before she let go and walked away, leaving the stage and the hopeless Taeyeon, completely taking Taeyeon's breathe, soul and heart altogether this time. 

Taeyeon stopped singing already by now and let the backup singers finished the song as she find it hard to breathe now. 


Why are you like that, trust it, I want you
Cause I got love
Why are you like that, trust it (Like a dream)
I want you (I’m lost in you)
Cause I got love
(I only want you, can you believe me)


The music has ended, the audiences were all in awed of what had happened just now. Taeyeon wasn't the only one who was left speechless by the whole thing. 

'Oh my god.' 

Taeyeon clutched her chest and feel her crazy heartbeats.