Talk

Draw me in

Taeyeon was having lunch with Hyoyeon. Finally, Hyoyeon explained to her about how she need to participate in a dance competition secretly which happen to be at the same time as the photoshoot. That was why she desperately asked Taeyeon to help her. 

Taeyeon scolded her but nonetheless forgive her as she didn't mind to help and she got to see Jessica Jung too. 

"My boss is whining like crazy because first, you rejected his offer. Second, Jessica also rejected to do another project with us"

"Why?"

"She won't take any offer if the photographer is not you. What magic spell did you use, Taeng?"

Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon in disbelief.

"What?" Hyoyeon asked when Taeyeon just stared at her. 

"I don't know."

"It's been like, forever you know. Since forever, no one is able to get her attention but you just suddenly appeared and bam! You're the only one she want now."

"Please don't give hope to my poor heart." Taeyeon pouted.

"What do you mean? Can't you see? She is interested in you. Taeng, this is it. Its your time to shine buddy. Let the world know that you're good with romance too."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Hyoyeon who looked at her with excitement.

"Stop it Hyo."

"Why?! You should make a move already. Who knows, you're the lucky one."

"I don't know Hyo. I can't function well everytime she's near."

"Oh, you're so hopeless."

"Tell me something I don't know. Please."

Hyoyeon just laughed and continued eating, but Taeyeon's mind drifted off as she thought if it's possible to try her luck with a certain Jung.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

When having dinner with her family, Mr. Kim asked Taeyeon how long will she stay in Korea.

"I'm not sure yet dad. But for now, I'll take a break and stay first. I'll let you guys know beforehand if I plan to travel again." Taeyeon answered.

"I really hope you will stay for good." Taeyeon's mother sighed.

"Yeah. Why don't you work here for a while and see if you want to stay or not. If you aren't satisfy and still want to travel, then we'll respect your decision." Woobin commented.

"I have a friend who have a job to offer since you don't want to work with any of us. Let me know if you're interested. Don't worry, the job is based on your qualification and your interest too." Her step father said.

"Hm. I'll think about it dad."

Taeyeon's parents smiled when Taeyeon didn't directly say no to their suggestion.

 

After the dinner, Taeyeon went to the balcony with her mother. Her mother pulled her closer and hugged her. 

"I really missed you." Her mother muttered softly. 

"You know that I missed you too right mom." Taeyeon smiled. 

"Thank you, Taeyeon ah. For always being my strength when I was down. For always being there for me. I wouldn't be able to go through it all without you. Thank you for never giving up on us." 

Taeyeon looked at her mother and squeezed her mother's hand gently. 

"Mom, I told you. You got me, you always got me. I'll be here with you through it all mom." Taeyeon said. 

"And I'm blessed to have a daughter like you." 

They hugged again before Taeyeon's mother pulled apart. 

"I heard from Woobin, you got your eyes on a certain Jung." 

Taeyeon groaned while her mother just laughed. 

"Your father really like the idea of you two together ever since Woobin told us about it." 

"Come on, it's just- an admiration."

"Is it?" 

Taeyeon looked at her mother who smirked at her. 

"Yes mom. I just, well, she is beautiful. How can I not look, right?" 

"You are attracted to her, my dear." 

"Mom-" 

"I know you. You hardly notice any pretty women around you but when you met Jessica Jung, you couldn't stop looking."

"..."

"Well, whatever you think or feel. Just know mom will always support you." 

"Why you say it like I'm going to pursue her?" 

"Are you?" 

"What?" 

"Going to pursue her." 

"Mom, she's out of my reach. I mean, just look at her. Just being able to stare at her beauty is already a huge privilege to me."

"So you do like her." 

"Mom!!" 

Taeyeon's mother laughed and patted Taeyeon's shoulder. 

"I'll leave this topic end right here. Talk to me when it gets interesting enough for us to continue talking about it." 

"What do you mean????" 

"Oh child, a mother's instinct never wrong. Just remember that. Hahaha. Goodnight dear." 

Mrs. Kim kissed Taeyeon's head before she left Taeyeon standing there in confusion. 

"Why everyone seems to be so interested about my encounter with Jessica Jung. It's not like she is my lover or what." Taeyeon sighed. 

'But the thought of her being mine is making me feel... Something.' Taeyeon thought. 

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

 

"I've said this many times but I'll say it again. Your secretary is like the second version of you, I mean the coldness and the straight face. Is she your daughter that we don't know of???"

Jessica just looked at Tiffany who is frowning at her right now. They are having a dinner together at Jessica's expensive apartment.

"Irene is trained to be like that Tiff. She is after all, my secretary. I need her to be as strict as I am so no one dare to misbehave when I'm not around." Jessica explained.

"But what about your personal assistant, Kelly?"

"Kelly is trained to go well with crowds and lots of people so she need to be more open and make people feel welcome because she'll be working with me only when I'm out of the office doing my modelling job but of course there's a limit. She's a cheerful girl too, so it's easy for her to mingle around. But Irene is watching her just in case she slip and make a mistake."

"This Irene, is as scary as you."

Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"Is she now? As far as I know, I don't bite. Irene doesn't too."

"Yeah, but you both killed many with your sharp stares. I'm not even surprised if you give the CEO position to her next time."

"Mm good idea. Then maybe I can just leave the business under her care so I can sleep all I want."

"I should keep my mouth shut. I'm not giving you ideas here Jess. Sigh."

Jessica just shrugged and sip her drinks.

"Anyways, are you going to participate with the grand fashion show of the year?" Tiffany asked.

"Depends." Jessica answered.

"Yah. It's your mother's show, you should show support for her company's fashion show"

"So?"

"Sigh. I heard they want to do some changes this year."

"Such as?"

"Instead of inviting popular singer, they will invite someone unknown. They want to make this year's show to be exciting and new to people."

"Is it?"

"Yep! And oh! The show collab with Kim Entertainment this time. So the idea of some changes coming from the CEO also."

"Taeyeon's mother?"

"Now you're interested." Tiffany smirked.

"I'm sure your mother in law will be pleased to have you." Tiffany said.

Jessica scoffed and ignored Tiffany. The public may not know about Taeyeon's real identity but Jessica and Tiffany know it all. Jessica's cousin, Minah told her everything. Jessica's parents are close with Taeyeon's, so of course they know it too and talked about Taeyeon with Jessica and Krystal a few time.

"You only agreed to do the runaway for your mother once in a million years Jess and that was when the show happened to be on your mother's birthday. Should I suggest her to make it happen on her birthday again this year?"

"You can try. But that doesn't guarantee that I will join the show."

"Ugh, you're so boring."

"Nothing's new about that."

Tiffany pouted and glared at Jessica who just shrugging.