Sharp Memories.

Chasing the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sharp Memories.

 

 

Checking the map application on her phone, Baram looked at the quaint coffee shop across the street from her. Throwing her phone in her bag, Baram crossed the street and pushed open the door of the coffee shop. She was currently stuck in a writer’s block and decided to finally check out the coffee shop that Junmyeon had been recommending. Hopefully the change of environment could provide Baram with some inspiration for subplots and find a way to neatly tie up the blossoming romance between the secondary characters.

 

“Welcome.”

 

A fair skinned male with feline eyes greeted Baram with a warm smile. Smiling back at him, Baram scanned the menu, her eyes widening in surprise at the presence of a specific item.

 

“Affogato please.”

 

“Would you like some shortbread biscuits to go with the affogato? They are baking in the oven as we speak. From the smell of it, they will be done any moment now.”

 

Taking a careful sniff, Baram noticed that the rich scent of freshly roasted coffee beans was indeed hiding the aroma of baking goods wafting from the kitchen door behind the counter. As on queue, a girl with gorgeously luscious hair cascading down her back and delicate red lips emerged from the kitchen, a tray of biscuits in her hands.

 

“Shortbread biscuits are ready~ Minseok, I really think I’ve outdone myself this time.”

 

Shuffling towards the counter, the girl proudly presented the biscuits to Minseok while the male patted her head, a proud expression on his face.

 

“They look and smell amazing Irene. I was just asking the customer if she wanted some.”

 

“Oh please do try some! I promise you they will knock your socks off,” Irene squealed.

 

Minseok chuckled softly. If this was a cartoon, Baram was certain that hearts would be shooting out of his eyes right now. Irene too, despite her cheerful and excited behaviour, secretly threw Minseok bashful glances, constantly gauging the male’s reactions to what she said.

 

“Then I must try some,” Baram hummed, giving them a soft smile.

 

Paying for her order, Baram looked around the coffee shop in search of a free table. However, the coffee shop was surprisingly busy and the only empty spot was the one by the window facing the botanical garden across the road, a special cushion on the chair. It was the best spot in the shop to enjoy the view outside. Eyeing back and forth between the cushioned chair and Minseok and Irene, Baram ultimately decided to sit at the far end of the counter, giving her full view of Minseok and Irene’s interactions. Maybe, just maybe Baram could be inspired by them. Taking out her laptop, Baram started typing away, jotting down random thoughts and potential scenarios that popped up in her mind, expanding on the ones that she liked the most.

 

“Here’s your affogato and shortbread biscuits.”

 

Seeing a cup and plate sliding towards her from the corner of her eyes, Baram lifted her head and thanked Minseok, taking notice of the way Irene’s eyes never trailed far from him. A bitter smile crawled on Baram’s face, for she too had been like that once, not too long ago. She too had her world revolve around one person and one person only. Baram’s hand s into her bag, her fingers wrapping around the small paper carton of cigarettes that she had yet to open. In that moment though, Youngjae’s look of disapproval appeared in Baram’s mind and thus with a shake of her head, Baram retrieved her hand and focused on the delicacies plated in front of her.

 

Once Minseok padded back towards where Irene was, Baram realised that she had a pretty decent view of the kitchen from where she was sitting, revealing the baker inside. Digging her spoon into the ice cream and swirling it around until it started melting in the warm coffee, Baram stared in amusement at how the baker looked like he was strangling someone to death when in fact he was breaking the dough into quarters.

 

Just then, the door of the coffee shop opened, revealing a petite girl with round glasses, a soft pant coming from her as if she had jogged her way there in anticipation.

 

“Hayoon !” Minseok and Irene greeted in unison, blushing simultaneously when they realised what had just happened.

 

The soft giggle that escaped from the petite girl’s mouth twinkled in the air. Baram could not help but compare the sweet tone of the giggles to the shortbread biscuit that was melting in right now.

 

“The usual please. Oh, and I’ll be in the kitchen.”

 

“Yeah sure, abandon us now that you and Kyungsoo are finally together,” Minseok exclaimed in protest, earning another bout of giggles from the girl.

 

Soon enough, the petite girl had found her way into the kitchen, giving the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter