She's a Tricky One.

Chasing the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
She's A Tricky One.

 

 

Having handed in the script draft early, Baram promptly shut her computer, refusing to answer any more work related emails and calls for the remainder of the day. Deciding that it was about time to get out of her pyjamas, Baram fumbled through her closet before getting changed and exiting her flat, heading towards the liqueur store she remembered passing by during the impromptu outing last Sunday. Retracing her footsteps, she grinned to herself in satisfaction as she successfully found the store.

 

Upon entering, she naturally waltzed towards the whisky section, curious to explore the selection they had. Humming under her breath, Baram jutted her lips out admiring the large range of international whiskies on display in front of her. As she lifted her hand to pick up a bottle of scotch however, Baram snapped her head to the side as she heard approaching footsteps.

 

“Are you stalking me?” Baram exhaled, lifting an eyebrow.

 

Not answering her question, Jinyoung stepped closer towards her, his eyes trailing along her arm and landing on the herbal patch on her wrist.

 

“What happened to your wrist?”

 

“Occupational hazard,” Baram replied boredly, but seeing Jinyoung’s puzzled expression she decided to elaborate. “I’m a script writer and have also injured my wrist in the past. The two don’t mix well together.”

 

“And how does a script writer become friends with a cop?”

 

Jinyoung tried to not be obvious with his attempts to dig out more information from her. However, the look that Baram was giving him made him question whether she had already managed to see right through him after all.

 

“I shadowed him when I was researching for another series. We got along and so we kept hanging out even after I had completed the script.”

 

“What was the name of the series?”

 

“Don’t Turn Away.”

 

“Oh,” Jinyoung exclaimed in recognition. “That was quite popular, Bambam is a huge fan. Have you met him?”

 

Baram shook her head, wondering whether it was a good thing or bad thing that an employee of Eclipse was a fan of the series.

 

“Still, it was quite brave of you, to shadow a police offer I mean,” Jinyoung commented.

 

“It was quite thrilling actually,” Haram replied. “I was taught some self defence techniques too.”

 

“Your friend must really care for you then.”

 

“He just didn’t want me to get in the way,” Baram chuckled. “Well then I’m off.”

 

Taking her eyes off of the bottle of scotch, Baram turned around, sidestepping Jinyoung.

 

“You’re not buying the scotch?” Jinyoung questioned.

 

“I only buy a whole bottle on specific days,” Baram answered without turning back. “Today is not one of those days.”

 

“Are you coming by later?”

 

Turning around to face the male, Baram wore her usual cryptic smile.

 

“Is that an invite?”

 

・・・

 

Baram entered Eclipse through the back door like usual, though this time instead of Jackson, the silver haired male stood behind the counter. As she walked towards him, Baram looked around her, noticing that people were already starting to gather inside the club, ready to kick off the weekend. Seeing the girl approach, the silver haired male greeted her with a charming smile, his eyes curling into the shape of a crescent moon.

 

“Is it 1:31 yet?” Baram whispered into the male’s ear as she leaned over the counter.

 

The silver haired male’s eyes trailed across Baram’s face, trying to pinpoint why she looked familiar. Realisation hitting him, his face lit up like a Christmas tree, excitement replacing the mysterious vibe that he had been giving off until that moment.

 

“Oh my god, you are Ryu Baram aren’t you? I’m Bambam, a huge fan, pleasure to finally meet you!”

 

Grasping onto Baram’s hand, Bambam shook hands with her enthusiastically, making Baram wince as the motion put strain on her wrist. Luckily, it did not go unnoticed by the fanboy.

 

“Sorry about that,” Bambam muttered, rubbing the back of his neck apologetically. “I’ve been dying to meet you since Jackson mentioned about you being friends with Mark. Then Jinyoung told me that you were the mastermind behind Don’t Turn Away and I just knew that I had to meet you. I absolutely love that show, never missed an episode. Like seriously, it’s genius.”

 

Baram gave the male a tentative smile, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by the boisterous energy that oozed off of him. Her eyes trailed towards the curtain behind him, but it did not appear as though Bambam was going to let her through anytime soon.

 

“Wait, does this mean you are also the writer for The Waves Will Bring Us Together? The one that is airing right now?” Bambam squealed, waving his arms around. “When will she realise that he’s the boy from her childhood? Can you give me a hint? Oh and have you met both actors? How are they? Is Dahye as lovely as the character she’s portraying?”

 

Baram bit her tongue to hold back a snappy remark regarding Dahye. After all, she did not want to risk spreading bad comments — no matter how true they might be — about the actress and cause negative publicity for the series. Fortunately for her, a mop of fiery red hair appeared from the corner of her eyes, lighting up the fire of hope of being able to escape her current situation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter