Alcohol Connoisseur.

Chasing the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Alcohol Connoisseur.

 

 

“That’s it for today. Thank you very much everyone.” Junmyeon’s soothing voice echoed through the room filled with exhausted looking crew members. “Once we’re done, let’s go celebrate. Jin’s treat!”

 

“Hey!” Jin frowned.

 

“You’ve got deeper pockets than me for sure Jin,” Junmyeon chuckled, patting him on the back.

 

“Fine, since I’m such a generous person.”

 

The room filled with sounds of cheer as people started leaving one by one, suddenly feeling reenergised by the promise of celebration.

 

“Baram, a word please?”

 

Inhaling sharply, Baram clenched her jaws as she slowly turned around, her gaze cast to the ground. She remained silent, waiting for Jin to start talking.

 

“I'm sure you’re tired of seeing our faces already but we just have some exciting news that we wanted to share with you first.”

 

It was Junmyeon who spoke up first. Lifting her head slightly, Baram raised an eyebrow, taking note of the enthusiasm oozing from Junmyeon’s eyes.

 

“What our young PD is dying to tell you is that the broadcasting company has approached us with the possibility of extending the series by two episode since it’s so popular.”

 

Dropping her gaze back on the ground, Baram nodded but offered no comment, her expression remaining stoic which took Junmyeon by surprise. He had expected the girl to show at least some sort of reaction since it is uncommon for a show to be extended.

 

“Of course we understand that it means more work for you, but it’s an acknowledgment of your creativity and skills,” Jin continued, unperturbed by Baram’s distant behaviour. “Nothing is settled yet but once we get the confirmation we’ll let you know. Meanwhile, you can probably play around with some ideas already.”

 

“Sure,” Baram hummed, stepping back and ready to leave the room.

 

Her attempt to escape however was stopped by the sudden entrance of a flustered looking Jaehyun, his eyes wandering around the room, shifting between Jin, Junmyeon and Baram.

 

“Is something wrong Jaehyun?” Junmyeon questioned with worry. “Today’s meeting was just with the crew, no cast members.”

 

Swallowing loudly, Jaehyun scratched the back of his neck, mentally scolding himself for rushing into the room without knocking first. An awkward silence weight down as Jin and Junmyeon exchanged a puzzled look while Baram kept her eyes fixed on the door.

 

“I was just checking if Baram was still here…” Jaehyun whispered, his voice trailing at the end. “Since it’s quite late already and all.”

 

Hearing her name, Baram furrowed her brows and stared at the young actor in confusion.

 

“Do you have questions regarding the script?”

 

“Well…” Jaehyun’s eyes drifted towards Jin and then Back to Baram, but found himself unable to complete his sentence.

 

“Why don’t we discuss this over dinner?” Jin intervened, patting Jaehyun on the back. “What do you think? You can get input from the PD as well.”

 

“Actually I have dinner plans already,” Junmyeon interjected apologetically. “My friend just came back from his honeymoon so we are having a gathering.”

 

“I can’t make it either,” Baram exhaled, giving them a small bow before exiting the room, legging it faster than the wind.

 

“Well then it’s just you and me then Jaehyun,” Jin quipped, wrapping an imposing arm around Jaehyun’s shoulders. “No ditching me.”

 

Entering the break room, Baram saw her colleague Seulgi listlessly sipping on a cup of coffee. Upon seeing Baram’s entrance, the girl’s face lit up as she waved at her in excitement.

 

“Oh is that Jin and Jaehyun I see?”

 

“They are grabbing dinner together,” Baram replied, making a cup of coffee for herself.

 

“They must get along well. It’s the second time they work together right?” Seulgi mused. “Actually, it’s the second time you three worked together— Wait no, if you include Junmyeon then it’s the four of you, but he’s the PD this time so does it still count?”

 

Baram chuckled softly at how Seulgi was confusing herself in her small ramble.

 

“Anyway my point is,” Seulgi suddenly exclaimed. “How does it feel to work closely with so many handsome men?”

 

“That’s your point after all that rambling?” Baram snorted loudly, purposely poking fun of the girl. “Junmyeon is very attentive and gives detailed feedback. He also has a strong vision and knows how to get it across through the screen. I'm impressed with him.”

 

“What about Jin and Jaehyun?” Seulgi persisted. “I mean, if it weren’t for you and Jin, Jaehyun would not be where he is today. If you think about it, it’s almost as though Jaehyun was the child that you and Jin conceived.”

 

This final comment made Baram c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter