Avoidance.

Chasing the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Avoidance.

 

 

“Goddamnit, spread out and find shelter!” Jaebum yelled over his shoulder as he crashed out of the door. “Make sure no one is tailing you.”

 

Mark grunted as he ran down a separate path from Jaebum and Jackson. Wiping his sleeve over his bloodied lip, he winced as he felt the stinging pain on his arm, a bloody gash glaring him. Holding his breath, he strained his ears to make sure that there were no sounds of footsteps following after him. Slowly coming to a halt, Mark leaned against the wall and finally took the time to catch his breath. He sent a quick message in the group chat to let the others know that he was okay before looking around him and observe his surroundings.

 

Poking his head around the corner, Mark noticed a familiar petite figure exiting from the building he was leaning against. Blinking rapidly and shaking his head, Mark wondered whether he had been concussed during the ambush earlier and was now hallucinating. However, from the nonchalant and confident stride and the movement of the hair in the wind, Mark knew without a doubt that it was indeed Baram exiting the building.

 

She was now standing by the stoplight, patiently waiting for the lights to change to cross the road. Mark panicked in that moment, wondering whether he should hide, considering the state he was in. However he remained rooted when he saw another male figure approach the girl and frowned when he noticed Baram tense up and step back before the male could place his hand on her shoulder.

 

Pushing himself off the wall, he cautiously stepped closer towards Baram, making sure to not make his presence known as he attempted to listen in what they were talking about.

 

“No need to be stubborn Baram, let me give you a ride home. It’s late.”

 

“I prefer the tube,” Baram replied curtly, keeping her gaze on the ground.

 

“As the producer of the series it’s my responsibility to make sure all employees are taken care of”

 

Baram opened to protest, however her attention got stolen by a familiar red head standing not too far from them. Noting the girl’s attention had been taken away, Jin turned around and furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed Mark standing there in a defensive stance, like a jaguar ready to pounce at his prey.

 

“Take up my offer Baram,” Jin continued talking, keeping his eyes on Mark. “There are some dangerous people out at this hour.”

 

“He’s my ride,” Baram replied, looking over Jin’s shoulders and keeping her gaze focused on Mark.

 

Her eyes trailed down his face to his injured arm, biting her lip in worry when she noticed how he was clenching his left hand over his right arm to stop the bleeding. Stepping past Jin, Baram approached Mark, her eyes silently asking him if he was okay. The injured male gave her a reassuring smile before his gaze hardened again as he noticed Jin tensing up.

 

“You heard her,” Mark stated in a flat tone. “I’ll be taking her home.”

 

Jin’s eyes shifted between Mark and Baram, taking note of the unfamiliar male’s injured arm.

 

“Baram, he’s not pressuring you into going with him is he?”

 

Hearing the question, Baram bit back a scoff and stopped herself form rolling her eyes at the male’s unwarranted worry. Before she could come up with a response however, Mark stepped in.

 

“You’re the one who seems to be pressuring her right now.”

 

Stepping forward and covering Baram from Jin’s view, Mark cracked his neck, an aggressive growl ready to escape from his chest. Feeling the threatening aura emitting from Mark, Jin took a step back.

 

“I’ll be seeing you at the next meeting then Baram.” Giving Baram a small wave which she ignored, Jin turned around and headed towards the parking lot.

 

Once the producer was out of sight, Baram exhaled the breath that she was unaware of holding in and visibly relaxed. Seeing that, Mark too released the tension that had built up inside him. By doing so however, he allowed the pain from the injuries that he had pushed aside to invade his system, sending a wave of agony  through him, splashing him like a bucket full of ice and causing him to drop to the ground.

 

“Oh my god Tuan are you ok?” Baram exclaimed, crouching down next to him.

 

“Leave,” Mark hissed through clenched teeth. “Someone may be following me so get out of here.”

 

Baram however remained rooted where she was. Biting on her lower lip, Baram took out her phone before giving Mark a firm stare.

 

“Tuan do you trust me?”

 

Mark furrowed his brows in confusion but nodded his head nonetheless. Thus Baram lifted him up and the two went behind the building, away from the public space where they could become open targets. Then Baram sent a quick message. Within seconds, she had received a response and she let out a sigh of relief.

 

“We’ll be out of here any moment.”

 

“Who did you message?” Seeing Baram remain silent, Mark nudged her leg with his foot. “Spill it Ryu.”

 

“Youngjae.”

 

Hearing his name, Mark’s eyes widened in shock, ready to pounce away, not wanting to hand himself over to the cops. Baram howev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter