I Trust You.

Chasing the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I Trust You.

 

 

Baram blew a raspberry, staring at the script in boredom while jotting down notes on improvements and minor changes that needed to be made. Today was a table reading session with the actors — specifically the climactic scene by the beach — and Dahye had been sending Baram silent daggers the moment she entered the room. The girl was good at her job, that much Baram had to admit. After all she did pass the auditions with flying colours, managing to capture the essence of the main girl as well as having great chemistry with Jaehyun. However it still irked Baram to know that her beloved character was being portrayed by an actress with such an extreme level of princess syndrome.

 

What was irritating Baram more than Dahye staring diggers into her however were the furtive glances that Jaehyun kept throwing her way. Every time he finished reading his part, his eyes would wander towards Baram. The moment Baram stared back at him though he would promptly lower his head and bury his face behind the script.

 

This was the second time that Baram and Jaehyun had worked together. The first time was in the crime series Don’t Turn Away, Jaehyun’s debut work. He was a recurring character that managed to capture the audience’s attention and garnering a large following. Consequently last minute alterations to the script had been made to give him more scenes and have his character become more integrated in the main plot. Needless to say, the young actor immediately shot to stardom, signing numerous CF deals while the series finished airing.

 

Truth be told even Baram had been charmed by his humble yet passionate personality and dedicated work ethic.  During the filming of Don’t Turn Around, Jaehyun had frequently approached Baram asking questions about his lines. The two had spent numerous afternoons and late evenings dissecting his scenes and digging into the background of his character, information that only existed in Baram’s mind as it was never written within the script itself. So in a sense, they had a bit of a history together.

 

When he auditioned for The Waves Will Bring Us Together, he had signed up for the secondary male lead but the PD and producer insisted on having him as the main lead and Baram had nothing to say against their choice. The viewer ratings alone showed that they had made the right decision. Nonetheless, Baram did not enjoy being observed for such extended periods of time, not when as the script writer, she was supposed to be in the background, outside of the spotlight and not receiving unnecessary attention.

 

Looking around room in search for a distraction, Baram bit her lower lip as her gaze came across the producer who threw her a soft smile. Averting her eyes quickly, Baram sighed softly, tapping her pencil against the script while checking her watch.

 

“That was great,” the PD announced, clapping his hands in excitement. “What do you think Jin? As the producer from Don’t Turn Away, do you think The Waves Will Bring Us Together will be able to reach the same level of success? After all it’s your second time working with Jaehyun and you’ve worked numerous times with Baram in the past as well.”

 

“Looking at the stable growth of the viewer ratings and the positive reviews online, I’m confident that The Waves Will Bring Us Together will do even better,” Jin declared with certainty. “Jaehyun has grown immensely as an actor and it shows through his performance so far. Him and Dahye also have great chemistry together, really bringing the script to life. I’m sure Baram is proud of their performance as well. Isn’t that the case Baram?”

 

Clearing , Baram glanced around the room and just nodded her head, offering no words of encouragement or further comment.

 

“Well it’s definitely an honour to be working with such an experienced team,” the PD quickly intervened.

 

“Of course you also deserve much praise, Junmyeon,” Jin quipped, patting the young PD on the back. “From actor to director, it’s no small feat. Your background in musical theatre has also contributed greatly to the overall direction of the series, adding a certain whimsicalness that makes the series stand out from our competitors’.”

 

Blushing softly, Junmyeon scratched his ear, giving a bashful smile and successfully charming everyone in the room. He out of everyone had the most to lose if the series had been a flop. After all, few musical actors had successfully crossed over to on-screen acting and reaching the same level of success as he had. In fact, he was the main lead in Don’t Turn Around and everyone expected him to act on the big screen after the commercial success of Don’t Turn Around. However, as a twist of fate, when he heard Baram was working on the treatment for a new series, Junmyeon had begged his agency to let him expand his horizons as a director. Baram had not much to say since her only job was to write a good script. It was Jin who had a say in the matter. Thus, fast forward a few months, Junmyeon, Jin, Jaehyun and Baram had been reunited once again to work on the current series.

 

“Ok before Jin murders me with praises let’s break off for lunch.”

 

Clapping his hands, everyone took it as a sign to disperse. Rolling her neck, Baram e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter