it’s wonnie’s bday

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the sheets of a married couple’s bed shuffles with the mattress slowly sinking as a little girl crawls from underneath the sheets to her parents. the father is sleeping soundly, tired from work while the mother is tired from tending the house and her family.

 

little wonyoung first hugs her dad, clinging unto his side then kissing his cheeks repeatedly until the lad flutters his eyes open.

 

saku was met with his daughter’s way too charming smile. immediately, he mimics her expression and pulls her down on the bed, caressing her tiny head.

 

“hello bunny, why are you still up?” wonyoung breaks free from her dad’s cuddle and pouts.

 

“did you forget what day it is?” saku’s brain loads for a few seconds before he glanced at the clock on their bedside table. it reads 12:03 am and it made him chuckle.

 

“my little princess, of course i didn’t forget your birthday. you couldn’t wait till morning huh? you’re that excited for your birthday?” wonyoung rubs her cheeks against her dad’s while chuckling.

 

as they play with each other, chaewon eventually started waking up. when she turned around to face her husband wanting to scold him for being loud and waking her up, her frown turned upside down as soon as she sees her daughter’s back.

 

“wonnie, what are you doing here on our bed?” she embraced her tiny daughter from behind, saku extends his arms in a way that he has both of them in his hold.

 

wonyoung turned around to face her mother and showered her with sweet kisses all over her face.

 

“mommy it’s wonnie’s birthday.” the smile on chaewon’s face grew bigger as she presses her cheeks against her daughter’s. this sight of them causes saku’s heart to swell, the two loves of his life.

 

“i know that of course, i was the one who gave birth to you after all. happy birthday my little angel.” chaewon caresses her rosy cheeks then hugs her tight. eventually, the little girl started yawning and in just a minute she fell fast asleep.

 

“she really stayed up till midnight just so we could greet her a happy birthday as soon as the clock hits twelve.” saku says, planting a soft kiss at the crown of their daughter’s head. chaewon did the same then scooted closer to her husband’s embrace.

 

“she definitely got it from you.”

 

“so you’re not mad at me anymore? you’re being clingy.” saku asks his wife with a playful grin on his face, chaewon looks at him, her gaze sharp and ice cold that it made the lad’s spine shiver in fear.

 

“damn, i don’t think i even did anything…” saku quickly avoided her gaze, but nevertheless she stayed close to him as she holds their daughter while he holds the both of them.

 

“wonyoung’s growing up so fast it really scares the out of me.” chaewon chuckled at her husband’s words, she does catch him looking upset and deep in his thoughts sometimes especially the past few weeks. it’s like the troubled look almost never left his face, so she assumes this must be the reason why.

 

“she’s going to be fine, we’re good parents to her.”

 

“i know that, but i’m scared for her you know? eventually she’ll face problems in school, personal problems, and as much as i hate to imagine it, i’m scared that someone’s going to break her heart. i don’t want that to happen.” chaewon glanced at her husband, and there it is again his troubled look.

 

of course it’s only natural for a father to be concern of his family, and even if chaewon tells him that it’s okay, it still won’t lessen the worry he has in his heart.

 

“those years are way too far from the present so don’t worry about it now. your hair will fall out with all that negative thoughts and energy and you do know a man’s hair is everything right? i don’t want to stay married to a bald man honey and it’ll be such a waste because you have really great hair.” saku was quick to shift his attention to his wife’s words.

 

“yah kim chaewon are you saying you’ll divorce me when i turn bald?!” chaewon’s forehead creased as she pinched her husband’s lips sealed.

 

“be quiet wonyoung’s sleeping!” saku shoves his wife’s hands away, staring at their sleeping daughter for a few seconds before standing up. it confused the fairy at first, but then he surprised her when he stood on her side of the bed and carried her up.

 

of course, chaewon being left with no choice as she couldn’t just yell at him to put her back down as it would wake their daughter up, instead she just silently pinched his sides which unfortunately for her had no effect on him.

 

once they were outside their room, saku puts her down and she pulls his big ears as revenge instantly.

 

“oww baby stop.” saku clasps both her hands around her back as he traps her against the wall. chaewon glares at him but he did not flinch a bit, there’s something far more important he has to clear with her.

 

“are you seriously going to divorce me if i go bald.” chaewon smirks and didn’t say a word, poor lad was being mentally tormented at the mere thought of his wife leaving him.

 

“yaah.” as soon as saku pouts, chaewon couldn’t keep herself from laughing. she wiggled her hands out of saku’s grip then wrapped her arms around his nape to pull his face closer to hers.

 

“why do you take everything so seriously? i’m kidding dumbo. with or without hair, i’ll stay with your stupid .” chaewon pokes the lad’s two big ears, before hugging him tightly. saku returned the hug just as passionately then raised her up, causing a quiet yelp to escape the fairy’s lips.

 

“well i happen to like your .” being the ert that he is, he d his wife’s behind with one hand and as soon as he did, he received a loud smack on the head from her.

 

“you ert let me down!”

 

“no! let’s head to the guest room. we haven’t done it in a while chaewon-ah.” the fairy lets her husband carry her to the other side of their house while playing with his hair.

 

“you didn’t say you liked my cooking earlier.” saku made a sudden stop just before he could twist the knob to the guest room. he placed her back down with a surprised look painted on his face.

 

“is that why you were mad at me earlier?” chaewon didn’t reply, instead she turned her back against him and entered the room. saku followed suit, turning the air condition on before laying down on the bed beside his wife.

 

“honey, you know i love your cooking.”

 

“but you didn’t say it this time.” saku stares at chaewon’s disappointed face, somehow it makes sense now. so this is why there are days where she’s cold to him, it may seem a bit silly in other people’s eyes fighting over something this small.

 

but if chaewon is saddened by him not complimenting her cooking, then he has to fix that.

 

“sorry, i’ll do better.” he kisses her forehead and cradled her on his arms. suddenly the reason why even came here in the first place vanished from his mind. now he just wants to cuddle with his lovely wife and they did for about ten minutes.

 

“god, it feels like it was just yesterday when you gave birth to our little girl.” the married couple could remember that day very clearly. like it was the back of their palm, chaewon wasn’t really due yet so it surprised saku when chaewon called him in the middle of the day during one of his very important meetings saying that her water broke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter