end - what happened to us?

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

saku was gripping on the sheets tightly as he willed himself not to give in. he could hear his wife crying beside him, and there's nothing else he could do but to listen and pretend that he doesn't care when he actually does, so much more than you could ever imagine.

 

his heart was telling him to just turn around and hug the younger to soothe her, but his mind was telling him the contrary. he can't, it's only been a few weeks since he started neglecting her and yet it feels like forever for him.

 

you must be wondering why when chaewon is his actual wife, he could do whatever he wants, kiss her, hug her, make love with her. but his situation is not that easy, especially when he's fighting against his own mother-in-law.

 

yes, chaewon's own mother is against their relationship from the very beginning and the woman was very vocal about her opinion towards it simply because the lad is a japanese and she wouldn't want her daughter to marry someone from another nationality.

 

the middle aged woman claims that the japanese imprisoned their ancestors and made them slaves, how could she betray her own country and love someone whose ancestors abused their own people.

 

it was also because of saku as to why chaewon and mrs. kim's relationship aggravates back then. eventually, it got to the point where the fairy left home and lived with the lad and his parents instead.

 

even during their wedding day, the bride's mother refused to come, saying that her daughter was nothing but a disgrace to their family and she will no longer stand as her mother.

 

this broke chaewon's heart of course, but right now she's happy and satisfied with saku and wonyoung. that's all that matters to her now, they're her own family and the little baby that's currently growing inside her womb.

 

after hearing the sobs dying down, the dark haired guy concluded that the lass had already cried herself to sleep so he calls out to her to confirm, and when he got no response, the lad carefully moves her over to his side and engulfs her in his warmth.

 

"hey there you cry baby. what's the matter? you're probably thinking that oppa is so cruel right? that i'm not deserving of your love. i'm sorry chaewon-ah, i love you and that will never change but i know you miss your mom so bad and would do whatever it takes to reconcile with her. and i also know, that the only way for that to happen is if i made you hate me. stupid, i know. i've always been stupid, but this is me wanting you to have the thing that you've been craving for since we started. your mom was right, i'm not good enough for you." saku the girl's cheeks with love and care before placing a loving kiss on her forehead. feeling that, the short haired girl shifted in his arms and scooted closer to him.

 

"i love you chae, dream of something nice for oppa okay?" after saying that, the japanese tightens his hold around his woman and drifted to sleep. the next morning, the younger woke up in her husband's embrace and ponders how on earth did that happen.

 

she figured she must've rolled over to his side while sleeping and decided to immediately break free before the lad wakes up, but not before pecking his lips real quick as a good morning treat, though that's not exactly ideal with their current situation she thought.

 

 

days passed by, the married couple's relationship didn't exactly get better, if one it only got worse now that jihoon's back in the frame and is now approaching the peak of a disaster.

 

chaewon has been spending a lot of time with her high school friend and even bringing wonyoung with them at times. for that reason, the little girl had grown attached to the lad.

 

and it is also for the same reason as to why jihoon is starting to creep in saku's skin. the japanese knew very well that it's his fault, he was the one who decided to avoid his wife for the sake of her and mrs. kim's relationship but that doesn't mean he's not affected by it.

 

there's nothing more he wanted to do but to take his family as far away as possible from his high school rival however, it's not easy when he messed up big time. he already made such a big rift to his marriage, and he was stupid for doing that.

 

currently it's three a.m in the morning and the dark haired guy was sitting at the edge of his wife's side of the bed. he was all dressed up for work since he was scheduled to go out of town early today to meet with a few investors for their new project and seeing that the lass is still fast asleep, saku decided to stay beside her while waiting to be fetched.

 

however, just as when he was caressing her cheeks, it seems like chaewon felt his touch and slowly fluttered her eyes open. his gaze met hers and the dark haired lad's breathing hitched as he was captivated by her eyes despite the darkness inside the room.

 

"what time is it?" the fairy asks while yawning and sat up with her back against the headboard.

 

"three a.m." the japanese simply responded, his palm that was formerly the girl's cheeks is now placed on top of her lap. after being informed that it's still dawn, chaewon raised a brow as her eyes scanned the guy's clothes.

 

"haven't you been checking my schedule? i have to go to work early because i'm meeting someone." the lass ponders for a little bit and realized that it's been long since she checked his schedule because of what happened to them.

 

"ah." was the only response she could utter before they were engulfed in silence. the married couple were avoiding to lock eyes, until saku sighs and moved closer to his wife. he couldn't do it anymore, he misses her so much and this is his limit.

 

"go back to sleep, you need to rest. i'll see you and wonyoung later." the older utters before leaning in to kiss the girl's forehead, an action which caught her off-guard.

 

the former was about to stand up and leave when the younger hastily held his arms, as if not wanting them to part sooner.

 

"are you leaving now?"

 

"i'm still waiting for the driver to come. he's still fetching my secretary, why?" his arms automatically s around her waist and the gap between them was so close they could feel each other's breath hitting their bare skins.

 

"i-i s-should at least prepare you something before you leave." chaewon stutters at the beginning of her sentence. she then got up from the bed and headed downstairs, behind her was her husband.

 

arriving at the kitchen, she began preparing a sandwich for him to munch on his way and packed it neatly with some fruits. while doing so, the dark haired guy's eyes were trained on her back silently watching her.

 

once the fairy was done packing, saku stood up, sneaked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist tightly. this made the younger turn around to face him and she buried her head on his neck.

 

this nearly caused chaewon to tear up, longing for her husband, she too embraced him back only this time the hug was tighter.

 

"jerk." the older chuckles upon hearing that and drew invisible circles on her back to ease her which did work. later on, the short haired girl pulled away from the hug and pouted.

 

"i know, i am aren't i? you're probably regretting marrying me and not jihoon now huh?" the japanese could only smile warmly as he captured her lips and pulled her back in his arms as if he was making up for the time that he had been neglecting her.

 

however, the lad only received a painful flick on his forehead from the lass whose brows were knitted because of what was said before beginning her naggings.

 

"yah, who said anything about regrets? even if you were a jerk i would never trade you for someone else." chaewon said and it was the truth. no matter how badly her husband messed up, she wouldn't want to spend the rest of her life with someone else other than him.

 

"you really wouldn't?"

 

"no i would never let go of you so you'll have to deal with me for the rest of your life because that is what we swore each other in front of the altar." this time, the fairy was the one his face. the dark haired lad gave in to her gentle touch with his eyes shut.

 

"i have the best wife in the world. i'm really sorry, we'll talk when i get back la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter