lost and found (5)

takin’ shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku together with Chaewon was watching a movie with Wonyoung in the middle of them, he was holding them both close to him and while the mother and the daughter’s attentions were on the movir alone, the surgeon has other plans. He took a quick glance at their little bunny and when she didn’t show any signs of getting distracted in any way since she was engrossed in the movie, Saku subtly the fairy’s waist causing her to release a pent up moan.

 

Chaewon caught up to what he was trying to do and slapped his hands, but that wouldn’t stop him because he even leans in to pepper her bare neck with light kisses. The lass bit her lower lip and looked at her kid who still hasn’t taken her eyes off of the tv.

 

“Saku stop it, Wonyoung’s here.” See now her words are just contradicting one another because just as when she whispered him to stop, she also tilted her head further to grant him more access.

 

“How about we do it quick in the on call room next door? Fifteen minutes tops I swear, Wonyoung wouldn’t even notice we’re gone.” Chaewon gasped when he bit her pulse point and on it right after, so much for their baby steps eh? Just then, before they could go further someone in the room cough and when they looked at the door, his bestfriend was standing by the door holding an xray.

 

“Doctor Miyawaki are you free for a quick consult?” Hyeseok snickered having fun as he just caught them in the act. Saku rolled his eyes on his friend before pecking Chaewon’s lips.

 

“Hey bunny I’ll be back, okay?” Wonyoung nodded her head and with that the lad left the room with the plastic surgeon who was laughing like a maniac. Chaewon shook her head as she was flustered but a smile could still be seen on her face. They do this more often nowadays, although he said he’ll wait for as long as she would want him to, that doesn’t stop him from stealing kisses and doing things with her.

 

He argues that she should just think of it as some kind of flirtation and they didn’t have to put a label in it just yet. She wanted to say no to him but the lad is one persistent guy, plus she likes him too anyway so what’s the point of rejection.

 

“Mommy when can we go home?” Wonyoung looks up to her mother, and with her asking her smile turned into a sad one. She wants to tell her soon, but with this aggressive tumor in her brain she doesn’t know when that soon will come.

 

“When you feel better, so please baby, fight for mommy okay? You have to feel better soon, you have to fight, I need you to be strong.” Chaewon held her daughter close to her chest, the trauma from three days ago when Wonyoung flatlined came haunting her again. She was so afraid that Saku had a hard time convincing her that it’s time to leave every single night. She doesn’t want leave Wonyoung’s side, heck she couldn’t even close her eyes when Wonyoung is not within her reach.

 

She’s that afraid, and Saku’s been helping her through it. He spends less time in the OR and more time with Wonyoung and Chaewon, and he’s known as a surgery junkie. He clears his schedule every night after visiting hours so he could go home with Chaewon, then in the morning he’ll skip rounds to have breakfast with the two.

 

Basically he refuses to take part in any surgery that he knows his other colleagues could do. Unless it is a very complicated procedure, he wants out of it.

 

Meanwhile, by the hallways of the hospital Doctor Kwon was going through every room of the neuro wing with her intern and before they could enter Wonyoung’s room, Eunbi stopped to look at her young intern.

 

“Now this patient is a VIP patient of mine, she’s six, the massive tumor I showed you a while ago is hers. She gets the best care everyone could provide, because she happens to be the daughter of not just the head of cardio in this hospital but also the same man who won a Harper Avery award two times. So if you mess this one up, it’s safe to say that your career is basically over. You hear me?” The intern gulped and nodded her head nervously as she read the patient’s charts. With that being said, the two of them entered the room.

 

“Goodmorning, how’s Wonyoungie feeling today?” Eunbi greeted the two as she checked up on Wonyoung who was very glad to see her doctor, she stood up from the bed and hugged the doctor who chuckled. The intern merely stood behind and waited for an order from her attending before doing anything else.

 

“Well she is definitely gaining a lot of strength, that’s a good sign. Although, your recent scans disappointed me little girl. You have to do better today and I’ll get you some chocolate cake if you do. Okay?” Wonyoung frowns but still nodded, then her eyes landed on the intern behind her doctor and pointed at her.

 

“She’s pretty!” All eyes were now on the intern who was surprised at the kid’s comment, but what surprised her the most was when the mother stood up and the intern recognized her own sister.

 

“M-Minju?!”

 

“Unnie!”

 

Both Chaewon and the intern stood there shocked and unmoving, they haven’t seen each other since the older was kicked out of the house for getting pregnant. She was basically forbidden to attempt any contact with her sister, she was eighteen when Chaewon left and now seven years later here they are, reunited at last.

 

“Unnie...” And as if the reunion wasn’t enough, Saku and Hyeseok entered the room laughing but noticing the dreading silence in the room, the halted from their tracks and scanned the surroundings, and boy did Hyeseok utter the stupidest thing he could’ve said.

 

“Oh dude she’s the girl from the bar! The girl you went home with a month ago, nice!” With that, something in Chaewon’s eyes changed. 

 

“You slept with my sister?!” That’s when Saku knew he was dead.

 

“So this is fun, the ex wife, the girlfriend, and the one night stand all in one room. Ha, aren’t you handsome?” Eunbi laughed sarcastically, not even feeling bad for the situation that her ex husband is in right now.

 

What a great turn of events.

 

...

 

“You’ve seen my sister !”

 

“Yeah but I’ve seen you more!”

 

“Oh you think that helps?!”

 

“U-unnie I d-didn’t—“

 

“Shut up! You know what I don’t care, you two can screw each other all you want I’m going back to Wonyoung’s room!” Saku massaged his temples at the girl’s arrogance to listen. Saku held her wrist before she could leave then signaled the scared intern to leave them instead. So she did in a haste, telling her sister that they should talk after. Once they were alone, Saku pulled her by the waist and circled his arms around her.

 

“Look we weren’t even anything when I slept with her, and I was drunk. It doesn’t mean anything, I didn’t know she was your sister then I mean you didn’t even tell me you have a sister. You can’t blame me for that because I didn’t know.” There it is again, his gentle loving gaze that never fails to make her weak on the knees. Chaewon sighs, she knew she’s ridiculous for acting like this but can you blame her either?

 

She hasn’t seen her sister for years, hadn’t had the chance to talk to her even and the first thing she’ll know is that her younger sister hooked up with Saku. He’s not her boyfriend, not yet at least but they are at least dating right? They kiss, have , and above all he’s Wonyoung’s father figure. She can’t even stomach the fact that he’s seen Minju .

 

“Alright, I’m sorry for acting like that. Now you have a surgery in thirty minutes, and I have to go take care of Wonnie. I’ll see you later.” Chaewon was about to walk away, but Saku held her waist firm and pulled her closer. She stumbled forward, causing her arms to go around his neck as their faces were left with only inches apart.

 

“Now don’t be rude, you shouldn’t leave a man without his kiss.” And that’s how Saku ended up getting late for his surgery.

 

...

 

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter