Chapter 59 Meet me at the Hotel Room

Looking for Love

I am curious what the surprise is but he doesn't tell me for some reason.

Before we know it, we are pulling up at this hotel-looking place except it looks smaller and cozier.

"By the way, I am going to have to borrow your card by the way to pay. I will pay you back." 

"Oh okay, sure" I agree not caring. He is my boo and I know we got each other in times of financial hardship.

I thought I heard him say it was like 15 dollars so I don't have an issue with it.

He tries to give me the cash and I say, "No it is okay! You are my boyfriend. We got each other"

"Let me pay you back. I am supposed to". he insists.

He takes my bag and puts the bills in there and I throw the money back at his face.

"Why'd you throw it?!" he asks, looking offended and scrambling to grab the bills.

"Because I don't want it, " I say. He finally gives up trying to convince me. 

It is a bunch of rooms in a square fashion when parking space in the middle. The place is called Knight's Inn.

We walk in side and there is a brown guy. I am holding onto Zayan. I have my arms wrapped around his torso while he talks to the man, booking a room.

"Let go of me," he says quietly which I find kind of offensive. Why does he want me to let go of him? Is it because the man taking our money is a brown guy and is watching? Or does he know the guy and he is a mutual or relative or something? I reluctantly let go.  

After taking the keys from the man, we walk hand in hand into our room. Zayaan unlocks the room and leads me inside. I am impressed because I don't think I have ever been to a hotel in America before. So this is a pretty cool experience. I have only been in hotels in Bangladesh and they were okay but this is way better. There is a bed and a television.

Zayaan goes and lays down on the bed. Without being asked to, I go and sit down next to him in the bed and he grabs the television remote.