Chapter 11

Looking for Love

After Zayan got back from ICNA, I noticed that he was texting me less and I did not know why.

I would send him a snap and he would leave me on read and it would make me sad.

I remember seeing his friend Karim in his snaps from the hotel room. It seemed like they had fun driving there and spending time in a hotel there.

I could not take it anymore, I had to desperately see him before he forgot me T_T 

It was a Sunday and I was bored. I was supposed to go out with this other guy I met on Minder, named Tamoy but it did not end up happening. I can not remember why I bailed on him. I think it was because he said he could not at first so I ended up hitting up Zayan asking him if we could hang instead since my friend bailed. 

I think I asked him if he was free and he said yes.

He took a while to respond and I was so eager to hang out that I hopped on the bus heading there.

By the time I got into the city it was kind of late and by the time me and him met up, we would not have much time to hang.

Suddenly, I got a call from him on snapchat after texting back and forth inquiring about hanging out.

He asked me, "Hey, how long  can you hang?" on the phone. His voice sounded so nice on the phone.

I told him "Not long since its getting late but I just want to see you"

"Oh okay, well, If you do come, I will be here waiting for  you" That gave me butterflies that he would be waiting for me and I would finally get to see the guy I had been texting for all these months in person.

"I can hang for like maybe an hour."

He responded, "Let us just hang tomorrow instead the whole day when we have time. I do not want you to be late and get in trouble with your parents"

I ended up going back home disappointed and I know it was too impulsive of me anyways to go all the way out to New Jersey so late and on such short notice too.