Chapter 45

Looking for Love

We drive back to Karim's place. 

While we drive up to Karim's place, his dad calls. Karim tells him, "Hey dad, I am with my friends Zayaan and Ji Eun right now. They are coming home with me". I am surprised that he is open enough with his parents that he is even mentioning me to his dad. He only met me a few times and he is already mentioning my name to his dad? Has he talked about me to his dad before? I probably would have just mentioned a friend but I guess he was trying to be more specific to be more credible. His dad seems chill about it. Then Karim hangs up.

His mom ends up calling. She asks him how he is doing and then ends the call with, "I love you, Karim". I am surprised that she has an accent in her voice. I knew that Karim said that his mom was Indian but for some reason, I didn't expect her to be Indian Indian, with a whole accent and everything. Maybe she is more traditional Indian than I thought. She is very lovey-dovey for an Indian mom though which is surprising. Most desi moms do not say that kind of words to their child or so casually on a daily basis.

"I love you too mom," Karim responds, a little awkwardly maybe since we are there. It seems like this is a regular thing for them to say they love each other. That is sweet.  I like how they express their love for each other. I didn't know what to expect. since Karim's parents are divorced but it seems like he has very loving parents who care about their kids even though they are separated. Even when. parents are divorced doesn't mean that they don't love their kids just because they did not stay together for the sake of their kids. I wonder why they divorced.

Zayaan and Karim live in the same town in New Jersey. Maybe that's why they hang out so often.

I take in the surroundings as we drive up to his Karim's place in Norristown. It is a little different from Zayaan's house. Karim's house is less isolated unlike Zayaan's house, where it was the only house to be seen for miles and kind of isolated.

Karim's house actually has other houses neighboring it through the block and most of the houses look pretty similar. I can't tell the difference. We get out of the car and before we enter Karim's house through the back, Karim asks me, "Before we go in, are you allergic to cats?"

"No" I answer.

"Okay good because I have a cat." 

Once we get inside, Zayaan and I take off our shoes immediately, unsure of what to do. Then Zayaan sits on a chair and I sit on top of him. I am not sure what Karim is doing at this time.

Sitting on Zayaan's lap, I can already feel myself getting . We start making out and he is feeling up my legs but even this is not enough for me. For some reason, I feel myself thirsting for more. I can't wait to feel him inside of me, to feel as close as we can physically, to be connected as one. It feels so romantic, sacred, and exclusive, something we have only experienced with each other and know with each other.

Our mini make-out session is interrupted by Karim coming back and telling us to come inside. Dam, why did it have to be interrupted. I was really enjoying that.

Karim's house is nice and neat. He leads us into his room which is dark. Karim lays in the bed and Zayaan leaves to do something. I don't know what it is. I just stand around awkardly.

Karim says, "What are you doing just standing around? Sit down! Make yourself at home" patting the space next to him in the bed.

"Okay," I say, feeling stupid now for being awkward. I feel like current me wouldn't have been so awkward and unconfident.  I would have just sat down. Looking back, I really do feel like such a saint, being shy about that sort of stuff. I get in bed next to him awkwardly, hoping this is not weird and Zayaan won't find it weird. I don't even know why I gave a damn what he thought looking back because clearly, if he was worth caring about that sort of stuff with, he would not still be swiping on Minder every now and now updating his pictures and as if he was single.

I can't remember what happened exactly. Either he put his arm around me at that exact moment or patted my head. It was one of those two because I remember feeling self-conscious that he could smell my hair. I remember using a shampoo and conditioner at the time that kind of emitted a weird smell according to my brothers. My aunt said that she could smell it too. She said it didn't smell bad but that it just gave a smell that she associated with the Ji Eun smell. 

Zayaan walks in and Karim comments, "Look, Ji Eun came and just lay down next to me in bed. I did not even tell her to" clearly lying. He told me to come to sit down next to him in bed and to stop standing around awkwardly.  He had his arm next to me as he says, "I stole your girl".

Zayaan just makes a weird face not saying anything. I think it bothers him what Karim is doing but he feels secure enough with me and my loyalty to not let it bother him too much. But he is not saying anything? I guess he was holding back comments because it probably secretly did bother him a little that another man was testing his girl's loyalty.