Chapter 23

Looking for Love

The next day, I wake up with a bunch of texts from him... "Good morning baby! <3.<3"

Awee he has not forgotten about me! Then I also see a bunch of notifications from him on Instagram. It is a bunch of memes.  Well three. So many!

They are all romantic memes. I did not even know Instagram had romantic memes like this.  

It was April 19. Our first morning as an official couple. April 18th was our first day as an official couple. I had to go back into our instagram chats to check cuz I always struggled remembering our date. It was a weird number.

The first meme was of a couple where the girl was on top of a guy romantically, in bed. They looked hot together. 

"Awe this is cute <3.<3 lol" I text him. 

He respond "That's so us" It is true. That is something that me and him would do. 

He sends another romantic meme. Something about how he doesnt know if it was my eyes or smile or laugh that he fell for.

"Ayy yeah haha that is us" I add a kissy face to the text.

This guy is such a romantic!

I can not believe it. Our relationship survived through the night. He is still texting me. It that it was Wednesday and I had to go to school. My Easter break had ended up Sunday and I had cut school on Monday to see Zayaan, my last shot was Sunday and it did not work out but I wanted to get this over with sooner or later.

My first class was at 8:30 in the morning. I can not remember if I even woke up early enough to make that class or chemistry. I know I definetly made composition class though where I saw my friend again who asked me about missing class. I forgot what excuse I gave her.

After that, I had a long class between composition and applied calculus. Frankly, I did not care much about missing faith and critical reasoning or chemistry. I did not learn much in chemistry class anyways.

During that break, my new boyfriend Zayaan kept calling me. He was showing so much love! Even after I ignored his calls he kept calling me. I remember complaining to my friend Frida that he was calling me too much and I wanted some space. Who knew that I would end up regretting that so much. That it would ever get to a point where I struggled to even get a call from him or keep him on the phone.

I broke down about our relationship to my friend Rukhsana who was also Guyanese. She told me guyanese guys are cheaters... Like okay I wish I had known that earlier. Not even Guyanese girls wanted to go for a guyanese guy. That should have been my red flag but of course I wanted to believe that my boyfriend was different. I mean he was way too sweet to do anything like that! 

I show her Youtube videos of him. She smiles while watching it. "Okay I approve" she says.

Then she asks "Where did you meet him?" 

"Umm... Youtube" I think of a lame excuse. I lie to her saying that "I commented on his Youtube video and he responded" but the truth was that we met on Minder.

I tell her about the details of our whole date and how he introduced me to everyone as his girl and wants to marry me. When he calls me, I tell her its him. 

I love dating Zayaan. He literally stays in contact with me all throughout the day.

When I got home that night, I fell asleep with texting him sweet messages and talking on the phone before we knocked out.

Life with him around was great. I could not believe I had a boyfriend now! I loved going throughout the day with messages from him.