Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


“Are you sure you're okay?” Aaron ask as they walk towards the restaurant to go meet the guys.

“For the one hundredth time I’m fine,” Gui Gui said getting annoyed.

“Don't be angry, it's just for the baby's safety, and anger is not good for the baby.”

“And who's the one making me angry?” Gui Gui looks at him.

“Sorry, sorry” Aaron said holding her hand tightly.

“Hey” Calvin said with a bright face. “It looks like you two made up” he said seeing their crossed fingers.

“Yeah~” they both answer with a smile on their faces.

“By the way, congratulation to you two” Chun said.

“Why?”

“Well, aren't you two expecting?”

“How did you know?” Gui Gui ask shocked.

“Why don't we go in then talk?” Calvin suggested.

And so they went into the restaurant.

“You're medical paper was under the papers that you gave us, and so we kinda saw it” Jiro explains.

“So that's how,” Gui Gui said. “Anyways, thanks.”

“Speaking of those papers, how did you get them?” Chun ask.

“I know people” she answers.

“What papers?” Aaron ask confused.

“Aaron this might be a bit shocking, but we know who made your family go bankrupted.”

“I know, it's Serena's father” he said shocking them instead.

“When did you find out? Why didn't you tell us about it?”

“I was going to tell you guys, but then Serena's incident came up. Anyways, how did you guys find out?”

“Gui Gui gave us the information about it. Ever since you came back Gui Gui was helping you behind your back” Jiro explains.

“Thank you” Aaron said as he looks at Gui Gui.

“It's the least I can do” she replies.

“Kemp...so what do you plan to do from now?” Calvin ask Aaron.

“Gui Gui and I talked about it. I guess we are going to wait until Serena recovers more, then take action. During her recovery, Gui Gui and I are going to find my parents.”

“Sounds like a plan, so I’ll get all the evidence in organized for you” Chun said.

“Thanks, and speaking of Serena, she broke up with me a few days before I disappeared. So she's not my fiance anymore, but that doesn't mean that I’m going to leave her like that, because I too was once like that, so I know how she feels.”

“By the way how is she?” Gui Gui ask them.

“The same, they've put her in an isolated room that has very limited things in it, because whatever she gets on her hand she'll damage them or hurt herself with them.”

“We also don't know what to do, watching her like that...is hard,” said Jiro.

Gui Gui looks at the guys then at Aaron.

'What can I do to help her? Although I don't really know her, and don't really like her, I don't hate her, and I really can't just watch her be like this.'

- - - - - -

“Are you tired?” Aaron ask as they returned to the Wu's cabin.

“No I’m fine” Gui Gui smile at Aaron as he helps her sits down.

“Gui Gui” he said as he sits next to her, “Let's go shopping tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“To buy you new clothes of course, look at you now, your tummy is growing everyday, so your clothes are shrinking on you.”

Gui Gui laughs, “Okay.”

Aaron leans in on her and kisses her on the lips.

“Gui Gui, don't worry about anything else except yourself okay?” he looks at her. “I can handle everything else. As long as you're by my side, I have the strength to pull through this storm, so just worry about the baby and you for now. Got it?”

Gui Gui nods her head as Aaron hugs her.

- - - - -

-Mall-

“Look, this one looks really cute,” Aaron said as he points to one of the dress on the manikin.

“But doesn't it look too short?” Gui Gui points out.

“Right” Aaron replies and went on to look at other clothes.

“Eh! Aaron” Gui Gui pulls him back.

Aaron looks at her, “Are you tired?” he ask worriedly.

She smile and shook her head, “But don't you think we got enough clothes?” she said as she looks at the bags on his other hand.

“There's no such thing as enough clothes, and don't worry, I have lots of strength to carry them” he said and shows off how strong he is by lifting the shopping bags up.

“Okay, got it" she chuckles.

“So where should we go next?” Aaron said as he looks at the shops.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Aaron,” Gui Gui said as she tugs on Aaron's hand. “Your phone.”

“Oh~ hold on a second” he said and sets the bags down. He took out his phone from his pocket and looks at the caller ID. Just then Gui Gui's phone ranged too. She lets go of Aaron's hand and took out her phone from her purse.

“Hi Calvin, what's up?”

Gui Gui turns away from Aaron and answers the phone.

“Hello?”

“What?! / Really?!” they both said at the same time.

“Serena went missing?!” Gui Gui over heard Aaron said loudly.

“That's great, but sorry, can I give you a call back later?...Okay, thank you,” Gui Gui told the other person on the line and hangs up the phone. She turns around and waited for Aaron to finish talking.

“What was it?” Gui Gui ask as soon as Aaron closed his phone.

“Calvin gave me a call, and said that Serena went missing” Aaron told her. “I've got to go to the hospital now, Gui Gui I’m sorry but can you take the taxi home?”

“No, Aaron, let me go with you” Gui Gui said to him. “I'm worried about her too.”

“Okay, but you must stay in the car when we get there.”

“Okay,” she said and crosses her fingers behind her back.

Aaron picks up their things and head to the hospital.

 


****
UPDATED! Srry, short chapter. 

So Serena's father was the main master mind behind Aaron's family business crashing. That's bad enough, but now Serena went missing??!!! Let's hope she doesn't do anything stupid.