Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“How are you feeling?” Grandpa Wu ask as they sat at the table to have lunch.

“Better, thank you” he smiles.

“That's good, I’m glad.”

Aaron turns to look at Gui Gui who had been quiet the whole time. She was looking down at her food.

Grandpa Wu looks at them both and smile.

“Ying Ying” he called.

Gui Gui immediately looks up, “Yes?” she said.

Aaron saw her cute reaction and laughs by himself.

Gui Gui ignores his laugh.

“Ying Ying I’m going to leave Aaron in your care” he said.

“What?!” she said as Aaron almost choked on his food. He quickly took a drink of water and looks at Grandpa Wu.

“Tomorrow, please take Aaron to buy some new clothes and some new shoes. I’ll give you some money” he said as he finishes his meal.

“But-”

“No buts,” he said and got up. “Excuse me, I’m done so I’ll be going now, you two take your time” he smile at them and left the room.

Gui Gui sets her fork down and sigh.

“It's okay if you don't want to go with me. I can go by myself, just tell me where I can buy those things” Aaron said seeing her face.

Gui Gui looks at him and sigh again.

- - - - - -

'Ying Ying, if you don't help Aaron then who will? I’m too old, my taste in fashion is so different from you young days boys and girls. And I’m sure you won't want Aaron to get lost again right?' Gui Gui recalls what Grandpa Wu told her last night.

“We're here” Gui Gui said as they stood in front of Mei Li Hua, the big mall that has the ferrous-wheel next to it.

“Wow! This place is so big!” Aaron said looking around.

Gui Gui smile at his childishness. He turns to look at her and she looks away.

“Let's go” she said and walks in first.

Aaron smiles and follows her in.

“This way” she said as she looks at the list of what to buy for Aaron. Grandpa Wu just gave it to her this morning. “Who knew a guy would need so much things too” she said to herself.

They first stop at the cellphone shop. They got Aaron a cellphone and head to buy him some clothes.

~

Gui Gui shook her head as Aaron picked out an ugly shirt. She pulls out a shirt and hands it to him. After selecting a bunch of clothes they head to the changing room. Gui Gui waited as Aaron changes his clothes. Going in and out of the room Aaron model his clothes for her. Gui Gui was the judge, she either shook her head or nods her head. Sometime she would laugh because Aaron would match is clothes weirdly.

After a few hours of shopping for clothes they head to the next stores to look for matching shoes. Then they went to shop for colon and lotions.

After a long day of shopping they went out to eat.

“Thanks” Aaron said after a long silence.

Gui Gui looks at him and then back down on her food, “You're welcome.”

The rest of dinner was very quiet.

- - - - -

“Thanks again” Aaron said as they stood in the hall of the Wu mansion.

“You're welcome” she said again. She turns around and walks towards her door.

Aaron smiles to himself and looks down at his bags.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said as she grabs the door knob. “I had fun today” she said quickly and went into her room.

A grin went up his lips. He turns around and heads into his room.

Gui Gui stood behind the her door with her hand placed on top of her heart. She felt it beating really fast. Her lips curves up and into a grin. She felt good today, she was happy.

- - - -

“Good morning” Aaron said as he opens his door and saw that Gui Gui just opened hers too.

“Morning” she smile and walks down first.

He closed his door and follows her down.

They both got seated and waited for Grandpa Wu to come down.

“Xiao Jie, Lao Ye had already left, you and Xiao Ye can eat” said Xiao Xue, a house maid as she walks in with their breakfast.

“What?” Gui Gui looks at Xiao Xue. “Grandpa had already left?” Gui Gui ask her.

“Yes Xiao Jie. He told me to tell you two to take your time” she said and served them their breakfast.

“Take our time?” she questioned herself. 'He's up to something' she thought to her self and began to eat her breakfast.

Aaron just look at Gui Gui and smiles to himself.

~

“Aaron...I'm going to go to the hospital, do you want to go to?” Gui Gui ask Aaron as they walk to the living room.

“Actually, if you don't mind, I would like to stay home” he said.

“You want to stay?” she ask surprised.

“Mmm” he nods. “But you don't mind if I do stay right?”

“Of course not” she smiles. “Well then, I’m going to go get ready and go, don't get yourself lost in here” she jokes and walks towards the stairs.

Aaron turns around and watches as she disappears around the hall. He walks to the living room and looks around.

“Aaron I’m going to go now, be good ok?” she said and walks out the door.

“Ok” Aaron said as he heard the door shut. He smiles to himself and head towards the piano room.

- - - - - -

'He was so handsome today' Gui Gui thought to herself as she waited for the bus to come.

Then she quickly shook her head. “What am I thinking?” she ask herself out loud. “Silly goose, you're going to go see Wang Zi, why do you have other guys in your mind instead?” she sigh and got up.

- - - - - - 

“Gui Gui you're here” Ping Ping said as she saw Gui Gui walking down the hall.

“Hi Ping Ping” Gui Gui greets her.

“Ah~ Gui Gui” Ping Ping said as Gui Gui walks pass her.

“Yes?” Gui Gui stops and faces the nurse.

“I have good news to tell you. Wang Zi can finally leave the ICU.”

“Really?!” she said happily.

“Really” Ping Ping smiles.

“That's just wonderful” Gui Gui said softly as small tears ran down her face. She wipes them away and looks at Ping Ping. “When can he move to a different room?"

~

“Look, we're back in your room” Gui Gui smiles as tears keeps on going down her cheeks. She took deep breath and laughs. “What's up with me? What's up with all these tears?” she smiles as she wipes them away.

She got up and pulls up her sleeves, “I'll be right back” she said and went into the bathroom.

Gui Gui came back out with a bowl of water and a towel. She sets it on the desk beside Wang Zi and started ing his shirt.

“Where should I start today?” she ask him. “Actually that's not the question that I want to ask. The question that I want to ask is...is...what if I can't wait for you anymore?” she said as she sink the towel into the warm bowl of water.

“That is what if” she repeats as she starts wiping him. “What if...what if I really can't wait for you to wake up?”

“What if that happens? Why would that happen? How?” she ask herself as he was asking her.

“Because...it seems like someone else had capture my heart” she answers.

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!