Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

-Aaron Chapter-

 

 

'I’m sorry' he thought as got done dressing himself and looks at Gui Gui who's still fast asleep.

He leans down and wants to kiss her but stops himself as soon as they were centimeters apart. He didn't want to wake her up, so after looking at her for a while he collects his things and left.

- - - - -

Aaron got on the train and heads towards Kaohsiung.

~

Just as he steps off the train, the feeling of home was back. But it also came with all the horrible memories that had happened there.

He puts on his cap and heads out of the station.

He took a taxi and head towards his home.

Aaron got off a few blocks from his home and walked from there. As he reached his house he saw a few guys guarding the front of the house. Knowing that he can't go through the front, he circles the house from a far trying to find a way in. After a few hours he figured that the guys leaves the house once in a while. So he waited until they left and sneaked into his own house.

Quietly and cautiously, Aaron makes his way into the house. Surprisingly there was nobody in the house, but shockingly, the house was in a total mess.

Aaron squeezed his hands tightly into a fist as he sees the place that was once his home got turned into a junk place. He was angry, filled with revenge, but he didn't forget about his mission of sneaking into the his own house.

He slowly makes his way up to his room.

“It seems like they have taken everything that is valuable, and damaged those that are not” he said quietly as he looks around his room. He closed the door behind him and went to open his walk in closet. He lets a small sigh of relief out as he saw some of his clothes are still there.

Not wasting time, Aaron backed all the clothes that he needed and all the things that he found around his room that would be use full and makes his way out of the house.

Aaron jumps off the wall and took a last look at his house before running off into the darkness.

~

It took a few hours until Aaron finally reaches the address that Gui Gui's grandpa gave him. He got off the taxi and walks down a small dirt road into the woods. Going over a small hill, he finally saw a big cabin ahead. With a smile on his face he ran towards the cabin exhausted.

After a nice shower Aaron sat on the bed and started to unpack his things that he took from his room. As he took out his clothes, he came upon the family picture that he accidentally stepped on, on his way out of the house. Aaron stares at the picture for a long time before setting it on the table next to the bed.

The sun started to rise just as Aaron got done unloading his things. Tiredly he walks to the window and pulls the curtains together. He turns off the lights and head to bed. Although he had a long, tiring and exhausting day, he was still thinking of Gui Gui.

He took out his phone and looks at it. Debating weather to turn it on or not. He wanted to look at Gui Gui's face, he's already missing her, but at the same time if he sees her face he'll become weak, and he'll just miss and yearn for her more. After a long thought he opens the dour in the table next to the bed and puts his phone there. He closed the dour shut and head to bed.

~

As the days passes Aaron followed the loan sharks around from the distance, and tries to collect as much information as he can. At the same time he tries to look for his parents who are still in hiding.

After a long day of following some of the men from the loan shark Aaron went to a cafe to take a break. Sitting alone in the corner of the cafe with a cup of coffee in front of him, Aaron lets out a disappointed sigh. He had followed them all day, but had got no new information. He took a sip of his coffee and sets it down. And just as he did a person came and stood next to him. With his cap on he could only see the bottom half. With pointing black dress shoes and muscular thy, Aaron could tell that the person was a male.

“Excuse me....By chance...are you Aaron?” the guy said to him.

Hearing the familiar voice Aaron immediately looks up at him.

“Chun” Aaron said with a priceless smile on his face as he stood up. Seeing his friend made him feel like a ton of weight has gotten off his back, he felt like he can breath easily again.

“It is you! I knew it was you” Chun said happily and hugs him tightly.

“Chun...not so tight” Aaron said trying to pull away from Chun.

“Sorry” Chun said letting him go. “I'm just too happy to see you” Chun said looking at Aaron without blinking.

Aaron looks around to see if there was anyone suspicious around.

“There's only me” Chun said knowing that his safety comes first.

“How did you find me? Wait no, how did you know that I’m...Me?!” he ask quite shocked.

“Well, I drive pass your house once in a while to see what those people were up to. Then just a few days ago I saw a man following the loan sharks. Curious I started to follow the man too, but with his cap on I can't even get a glimpse of his face so I purposely ran into him earlier today. Hearing his apologizing voice, I knew it was you. And so I followed you here,” Chun finishes his story of how he found Aaron.

“So that was you?” Aaron said as he laughs to himself.

“Of course it was me? Who else would it be?” Chun laughs with him.

“Some stranger” Aaron answers with a smile. But then after his expression suddenly hardens when two loan shark men walks in to get some coffee. Aaron tilts his head down as Chun turns his head away from the guys when Aaron gave him a signal.

They heard the guys flirt with the cashier before leaving.

“Chun, we can't stay here long, do you have a place that we can go to and talk things over?” Aaron said as they finally look back at each other.

“Jiro, Calvin and I have an apartment that we go to when we need to talk in private, we can go there, you'll be safe there” Chun said. Aaron agreed and they left for the apartment.

On the way Chun called the other two guys.

~

Aaron took off his cap as they enter apartment. It was small, but cozy. He sat down on the sofa as Chun grabs him a drink.

“I knew you weren't dead!” Chun can finally said loudly and happily as he sets down a cold soda on the table and sat down across from Aaron.

Hearing the shocking news Aaron was at lost.

“Wait, wait” Aaron said still in shock. “You thought that I was dead?”

Chun nodded, “Everybody did, because your car was found by XXX beach, and your phone was found in the water, so everyone thought that you ended your life. Especially after the police couldn't find your body. And it has been half a year you know” Chun said as he opens his soda and took gulp some down.

“So tell me, where have you been for the pass six months? Why didn't you contact us about what happened?”

“A-” before he could even start the door slams opens frightening both of them.

“Chun! What's this emergency about?!” Jiro said breathless as he shows up with Calvin.

“Yeah! I was in the middle of a da-” he froze in shock as Aaron stood up and turns around to face them with a smile on his face.

“G-g-g-g-ggghost!” Jiro said shock and hide behind Calvin.

“What are you talking about?” Chun said as he got up and went to stand next to Aaron. “He's not ghost” Chun said and puts his arm on Aaron's shoulder with a big and wide smile on his mouth.

“Is it really Aaron?” Calvin said not blinking a wink.

“Am I a fake then?” Aaron finally spoke. “Or should I punch you to see if it hurts first?”

“OH MY GUYS! H-h-he's talking! The Aaron ghost is talking to us!” Jiro said still in shock.

Ignoring him Calvin walks towards Aaron and hugs him tightly.

“I'm glad you're back” Calvin said.

“I'm glad you're not calling me a ghost” Aaron said and looks at Jiro as Calvin laughs.

“You're....you're really Aaron?”

“If I’m not Aaron, then who am I? Da Dong, you're still clue-less like always” Aaron laughs. “Going abroad did you no good then.”

“Y-y-y-A! What?!” he said unbelievably, “Still clue-less like always?” he said as he puts his hands on his hip. “Ya! You little fellow where have you been!” Jiro said as he walks towards Aaron and hugs him tightly.

“You've gained a lot of muscles haven't you?” Aaron said suffocating from his hug.

Jiro pulls away and smile blushing, “Muscles? What muscles?” he said and punch Aaron lightly on the shoulders.

“Alright guys, let's settle down now” Chun said as he close and locks the door.

The guys sat down and began to catch up on life. They cleared up misunderstanding and confusions.

“So that's what happened” Jiro said leaning back on the sofa.

“What do you plan to do now?” Calvin ask Aaron.

“I'm not sure” Aaron answer them honestly. “You guys know that I’m not that kind of guy that can really stand up on my own. I’m not even brave enough, strong enough, I’m just a coward, a person who runs away from everything.”

“Hey, everyone goes through hard times, but during that time you had to go through it alone because we weren't there to help you. But now it's different, we're here, and we are going to help you, give you our strength, but most importantly, you should know that you're not going through this alone now, you have us, and we are going through this together, like how real brothers should” Calvin said.

“Yeah, now we have four brain, so we can figure something out” Jiro said.

“But our four brains won't be enough, and not to mention not so cleaver too,” Chun said giving them a worried face. “We've been trying to hold up your father's company with all our wits, but I’m afraid that we won't be able to hold it up any longer” Chun gave Aaron the news. “There's too much debt, and a whole hand full of workers are resigning everyday. But the worst part is that we can't find a way out.”

“It's okay, I’m already really happy that you guys did this for me, for my family. I can't thank you guys enough” Aaron said trying to hold in his tears from them. “But have any of you heard anything from my parents?”

They all gave him a negative look.

“Well then, there's not much I can do about them then,” Aaron said quietly. “When it's time they'll show up, I’m sure of it” he said with confidence. “During this time, I need to focus on the company, and I’ll need all your help” he said looking at them.

“You've got it” Chun said.

“Now that's the spirit” Jiro said.

“We're all in this” said Calvin.

Looking at all their faces made him gain more confidence in what he's going to do. They really gave him strength.

“So where are you staying now?” Calvin ask as they were planning on the next step of what to do.

“I'm currently staying at a cabin that Grandpa Wu lend to me” Aaron answers him. “It's just a little outside of the city, so it's really safe there” he assures them.

“That's good” Jiro said.

“I'm glad you meet such nice people” Chun adds.

“Yeah, there's not much of those nice family out there” Calvin added.

“I know,” Aaron said thinking of Gui Gui. “There's no family like that one.”

“Speaking of family, Serena is coming back to town in a couple of days,” Jiro said as he got up to go grab something to eat.

Hearing her name Aaron felt the pain that she cause him coming back to him. “Serena is coming back to town?” Aaron said confused. “Did her family move?”

“They moved to France a few weeks after your incident” Calvin answers him.

“Yeah, and now she's the newest model that the media has been talking about. She's a hot topic” Jiro said as he munch on an apple. “We should go see her when she gets back. I’m sure she'll be happier than us when she sees you.”

“Go see her?” Aaron said quietly to himself.

“Guys stop chatting, we need to get this together” Chun interrupted them.

Aaron turns his attention to focus on the company's problem, but on his mind, Serena and everything that relates to her floats around in his mind.

'Go see...Serena?'

- - - - - -

“Finally! Kaohsiung, I’m here” Gui Gui said with a smile on her face as she got out of the train station.

“Miss, where would you like to go?” the taxi driver asks Gui Gui.

“To the XXXX hotel please” she told him.

“Yes ma'am” he said and drove away from the train station.

Gui Gui looks out the window and smiles.

'Aaron, just a little bit more, then we'll get to see each other.' 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!